Trailer Trash

Frustrating Friday (Read 16 times)

LB2

I'll get out for at least 3 this morning. But I think I may want to just start running and never stop. This week has been starting work early and ending when I just have to go to sleep. Back at it around 4:30 this morning. I have never seen so many people put off tasks until the absolute last minute when we have been begging and pleading with them since March to get this information to us. It is truly mind-boggling, especially when they get mad at us during crunch time. The easy solution is to create deadlines that are strict. But the reality is that we always need the numbers to be higher, so my strict deadline is merely a suggestion that is not adhered to. I understand that, but it gets frustrating when the people who extend the deadline put a deadline on our team of 2 and seem puzzled when we can't pull some data point they want to know. Despite that frustration, I still enjoy the work. As of now, we have a 45% increase in enrollment since this time last year, and we still have more to come today and tomorrow.

QOTD: Weekend Plans:

10 miles tomorrow and probably some yard work. After that, who knows?

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles (700') early with DW and Tiny Elvis

qotd: DW's birthday Saturday- have reservations at our favorite "fancy" restaurant; will get a few miles on the trails as well (oh and strength train Sunday afternoon)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dhuffman63

Trails

Sorry about the data issues.  You're not alone there are certain people here at work I have to nag every month to give me the data I need.  Luckily most of my work allows me to pull data from our servers directly but when I find anomalies it's hell getting answers.

qotd: Continuing going through all my stuff and getting ready to take it to Goodwill.  I didn't realize how many t shirts I had..

Sandy-2

Had a nice 8 mi run this morning. 75 deg and raining pretty hard the whole time. There was some thunder, but the low rumbling kind that is from the upper clouds or far away and not the close ground-striking kind, so I kept going.  Maybe not the smartest thing, but did I mention it was 75 deg?

qotd (yesterday): similar to Queen, it was my last visit with my Mom and Dad in Pismo Beach. I took about 5 days on my way home from a business trip and went to see them by myself. No schedule, no plans, no rush. They were in their RV and I stayed in a beach hotel nearby.  We ate out, sat near the pool, walked on the pier, etc., since they didn't do stuff too early or too late it also gave me time to do lots of runs.  To me it was just a no frills visit and we had a really nice time.  It was surprisingly good.  As it turned out it was the last time they were both fully able to get around, my Mom went downhill after that, then my Dad started with some early signs of dementia.

qotd (today): What are weekends?

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run day and off early buying more wood so glad I ran yesterday.

qotd:  still working on deck but Sunday leave for a mini girl trip with sister and great niece to Grand Rapids to watch a show, go to the zoo, and stay at hotel with a pool  that’s for the great niece, but yes I am the aunt that will join here in the pool  hope it has a diving board.....although Inam pretty sure they no longer exist.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

moonlightrunner

Hello! I have been lurking lately, and thought I would pop in.

It sounds like you are all doing well. I was pleased to see AT is doing well.

After a struggle with some health issues, I am finally feeling like a runner again. At this point I am a road runner because the visual "noise" of the dense vegitation causes dizziness and nausea. But I am grateful i can run at all. I am only up to 8 miles max...but I have hopes for more as I go along.

Qotd: meeting my run buddy for 8 in the morning. Maybe paddle boarding in the afternoon if the weather cooperates. A run on Sunday.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Hi Moon!  Nice to see you here.  Sounds like you have been working through some challenges.    But, it's good that you have found a way to keep moving.  Enjoy your run tomorrow.

SRD today.

QOTD: Going up to check on my dad tomorrow, will do a few miles up there. Meeting a friend for a gab session and a few miles on Sunday.  Otherwise, just chores around the house and yard.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Moonlightrunner---Glad to hear from you.  Nothing wrong with 8 miles,  tgat would be a long run for me.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄