Trailer Trash

Fire & Ice Fridaily (Read 12 times)

Sandy-2

Crazy weather and fires today.  Actually pretty nice weather around here today, but crazy fires up north (a 9 hour drive from us).

Did 4 yesterday and 5 mi today. Some cool temps good for more recovery runs.

qotd: Miles for Feb? Including the extra leap year day.

Did 189 miles, including the 100 in a bit over a day. 

tbd.

XtremeTaper

Pretty nice here, close to 50, sunny with light winds. Tomorrow looks rainy, Sunday looks very nice. Will get out in the yard and get some weeding done so I can mulch a few more beds in the backyard that are about to explode in spring bulbs.

Oh jogging, none of that the past few days. I will get the 2B's out to the lake of Coventry Woods for 4 miles late this afternoon. Tomorrow we will have to dodge some showers.

QOTD: 67 jogging miles. Ha, that used to be my weekly mileage. Walking was about 40.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NorthernHarrier

A couple recent Washington Post articles on the winter that wasn't for Wi. along with Mn. and the U.P.  Good reads. We are on March 1st and there is no snow here, NONE! People started doing some tapping of Maple trees back in Jan here. I just dug out 24 buckets/taps, etc and will hang them Sunday with the temp to be close to 60F.   The way the forcast looks next week might produce but I'm thinking in general it will be a bust.

Weights this morning and I'll be heading out for 5-6 shortly.

LB--I won $500 in fantasy football so I bought one of the cheap ass turkish doubles that are flooding the market. An ATI in 12ga. 26" bbl and weighs in at 6lbs. That's lighter than all but one of my 20's. The plan is a quck light grouse gun that throws a little more shot in the pattern, plus I can beat the tar out of it and not care. Bought it on an auction site for $352 new. Pick it up Mon.

QOTD-- A whopping 63 total. I'm pretty proud. 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Starting to see some improvement in pace.  9.3 miles today. February total 117.1.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles w/ TE this morning; strength train this afternoon

qotd yesterday: we're watching Alien Resident on Netflix, kind of a dark comedy- it's pretty good; rewatched Dune I as it was the last day on Netflix; going to watch the new one on the big screen in a couple of weeks

qotd: 151 not too bad

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Blizzard conditions are forecasted for the Sierras so I'm not complaining too much about the wind and showers around here.  A big trail race up near Auburn tomorrow was canceled because they don't want anyone getting bonked by a falling tree or washed away by a flash flood.  Can't disagree.

I was a little out of commission for a couple days after a road marathon last Saturday.  Not sure what it was exactly, but it was more than the usual aches and whatnot.  Took a few days off.  Did 6 miles yesterday and seemed okay.  Doing a 25k tomorrow that's a benefit for the Bay Area Ridge Trail.

QOTD: 166 miles.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR