Trailer Trash

Friday Finally!! (Read 22 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No bites..lot's of looking at least.  My friend whose house is also for sale has only had one person look at it.  Montana is a sellers market because everyone is leaving CA.    Sell the house and travel in a traler for awhile...when prices go down again...buy another one.  We made a HUGE profit on our last house allowing us to pay cash for this one and if we had waited another year we may have saved $100,000.

Sue- any bites on the house?  it’s a seller’s market here, not unusual for houses to go in day. DW says we should sell and make a killing (which we would), but I retort where do we go- all the homes are inflated if your plan is sticking to this area

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

ugggghhh try not to pass out from boredom! 

Oh and I won't mention that my 24 hour Lhotse is on a 1 mile asphalt loop in a park.  They do a spring one on a 400 meter track and I passed on that.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

FTYC:  My long run I ran into 6 snakes and many lizards I mistake as snakes.  The group behind me only saw one since I scared the rest (as they were scaring me) off.  The guy that didn't budge was a gopher who you think is a rattler until you see no rattle.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Queen, 6 snakes, that’s insane!

BTW, I have a coworker who is just moving to CA. At least that’s what she is saying. With her, you never know what’s true, and what she is making up in her head just to get the attention or cause drama. 

Maybe she will buy your (friend’s) house.

Run for fun.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Only when provoked Marie.  BTW that's some big copperhead.  Fingers crossed but so far no snakes but I'm a little concerned about Possum.

There’s a steady supply of hikers and mountain bikers from the trailhead. DNR loves the copperheads because they keep the MTB and hiker population at bay. 

At first I thought the snake was a small timber rattler, but then I saw that it didn’t have a rattle, and the head was smaller and smoother, too. Had to look it up to be sure what it really was. 

Oh and I won't mention that my 24 hour Lhotse is on a 1 mile asphalt loop in a park.  They do a spring one on a 400 meter track and I passed on that.

Asphalt in August - that might get a bit warm. They resurfaced the bike path near my house, and now it is a sweat fest to run on it on sunny days. 

Run for fun.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Just came across it, the larger snake may actually be a water snake, not a copperhead. I have seen water snakes in the water, where their colors are brighter, but never one that has been on land for an extended period, so that it dries, and the colors mute. That would also explain the snake comfortably swimming through the creek during its escape.

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I'd rather she buy my house  but California is a big state.  For of these snakes had the with of a pencil but hey they were snakes!!!

Queen, 6 snakes, that’s insane!

BTW, I have a coworker who is just moving to CA. At least that’s what she is saying. With her, you never know what’s true, and what she is making up in her head just to get the attention or cause drama. 

Maybe she will buy your (friend’s) house.

Sandy-2

I wasn't aware you 50K was on a track...pretty sure you passed out from shear boredom! 

Sue, you made coffee come out my nose!!!  

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

That’s my gial in life  hope utcwasn’t too hot!

Sue, you made coffee come out my nose!!!  

runtraildc

I've made that same ID mistake. There must be a color variation that mimics the copperhead.  And after the fact, I was still happy it was not a copperhead.

Just came across it, the larger snake may actually be a water snake, not a copperhead. I have seen water snakes in the water, where their colors are brighter, but never one that has been on land for an extended period, so that it dries, and the colors mute. That would also explain the snake comfortably swimming through the creek during its escape.