Trailer Trash

American River 50 RR (Read 65 times)

Occasional Runner

I apparently have the opposite strategy regarding aid stations.  I linger and can't seem to decide what I want to sample.  I try some of this and some of that.  Still trying to decide if that works for me. Big grin

Thanks for the RR.  Great time!

Thanks.

I was just reading a post on FB from a runner that just finished a 100 miler. She went home and downloaded all her data for analysis and realized she had spent 3.5 hours at aid stations. Now she's really beating herself up over it. I probably would too.

I was just reading a post on FB from a runner that just finished a 100 miler. She went home and downloaded all her data for analysis and realized she had spent 3.5 hours at aid stations. Now she's really beating herself up over it. I probably would too.

Yikes -- that IS a long time.  I did spend a few minutes at the Beals Point AS this weekend to change my shoes and socks.  I started with my trail Hokas hoping I could go the entire race with them, but they got rather hot.  Was a nice treat to change into my Cascadias and fresh socks.  Not sure exactly how much time I spent since my Garmin had died, but I doubt it was more than 15 minutes, and that's including a potty break.

Upcoming races: 1/9 Bridle Trails 50K, 1/30 Lake Youngs Nuts Run 50K, 2/14 My Better Half, 3/5 Dupont Trail Marathon, 4/2 Umstead 100

Ultra Cowboy

Sorry I missed you when you were in CA.  Your race frequency makes my head spin.

I get tired of the asphalt trail we do for 4 miles every Wednesday.  I can't imagine 50 miles of it!

Best of luck in your Zion assault!

Branded by the land, Befriended by the wind. You may never pass this way again.  Brenn Hill (new sig 9/25/2015)