Trailer Trash

Tranquil Monday (Read 20 times)

Sandy-2

A nice Monday evening in Busan.  Took me all day Sunday and Monday to get here, but it is nice now that I’m here.

Going to get something to eat and then conk out.

I haven’t run since Friday morning, plan to go to the old trails tomorrow morning.

qotd: Can’t think right now.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.

Sue and I at pFreim Brewery in Hood River, OR, enjoying a cool beverage.

QOTD:  pass

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Probably just gym stuff today and no run. Based on my runs this weekend, I think I need a rest day or two or three from running this week. Saturday, I had planned on 10 or so out at Coventry Woods but after running the main loop so slow I settled on 8 as I had other things to do that day. Sunday, time pressed so ran 5 up on the local trail at a shuffle jog pace. It seemed I was sore in all my lower extremities and could not muster more than a shuffle. At least no walkers passed me!

Seems like it's photo day. Nothing too recent here. Backyard a week or two ago just before sunset from up on the deck.

AT - Great photo of you and Queenie.

Sandy - So your room has a view?! Nice. Well done on the trail maintenance this weekend. I have a gig tomorrow evening but just a few hours.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Weekend report here. No run Saturday, 12.5 miles Sunday broken into two runs. The 6.6 in the morning was humid and flat,, along a new-to-me paved trail by one of DH's fishing spots. The additional 6 was on another paved trail, brisk and a few small hills. It was hotter, but the humidity had broken so it felt quite reasonable for a DC June summer eve.

qotd: Tacos. Hard shell or soft? The winner for me is hard shell, unless they are fish tacos, then definitely soft. But tacos are the best any way. (and sorry, that's all I could come up with. Could be 'Miracle Whip or Mayo', so you know it could be worse)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

0 day yesterday, still limping, but less than Saturday evening

might strength train this evening, trails are out

qotd: hard shell for tacos, white corn soft for fish tacos

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD:  Use to say hard shell, but recently we've been going to a local place with corn soft shell.  They use 2 small shells and they have a great taste.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I will get out for something short and quick tonight.  Probably in the 2-3 range.

DW's grandmother passed away over the weekend.  Services are Thursday.  We just saw her a couple weeks ago and glad we did.  She was in her late eighties and in a nursing facility but we thought she was in fairly good condition so a minor surprise.

No pictures here, I still cannot figure out how to post.  Yes , even after Mandy's tutorial.  

QOTD: I like to wrap a soft taco shell around a hard taco shell with refried beans spread in between.  Yummy!

Have a great Monday.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: I like to wrap a soft taco shell around a hard taco shell with refried beans spread in between.  Yummy!

Rebel

NorthernHarrier

Puttzing around the house today. Dropped my car off late yesterday for some work and rode my bike home. My run today will be to pick it up whenever they call. About 4 miles of roads and bike paths. Weights, core, and elliptical in the meantime. Mowed my lawn yesterday after the rain stopped and after being away so long, that was a chore going thru knee high damp grass.

No pictures here, I still cannot figure out how to post.  Yes , even after Mandy's tutorial.  

I'm just too lazy myself though I should at least try one to see if I can.

Tim and Sue--that's a life is good photo.

QOTD--either is fine but I guess soft would be preferred.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Joining the Sunday-0-mile club, too. I swam many laps, though (and my legs are a bit sore from that, so I'll see how my run today will go 

I am sorry for your loss, Jamie. I hope you and your family will stay strong in the following days and weeks.

Sandy, incredible view! Looks quite inviting for a beach walk or run.

AT: I could use a cool drink now, too. Nice pic!

XT: Sometimes just an easy run is good. As long as you keep the walkers behind you, it's a good speed.

traildc: Great miles, and that in the heat. Respect!

warden: Welcome in the club!

QOTD: Hard shell for me, as they are the only gluten free ones that work. Soft gluten free ones just crumble into pieces. That said, one DS eats only the soft tacos, while the other eats only hard ones. DD eats both. So I always need to have both kinds in the house.

Run for fun.

XtremeTaper

AT - The double soft corn tortillas are great, sort of a baja style taco I think they call them.

QOTD: When I make tacos at home I fry white corn tortillas. Sort of right between soft and crunchy. They are the best (IMHO).

In dog beers, I've only had one.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Harrier, sounds like a busy weekend! You get a lot of stuff done.

My car has an almost flat tire (adding air twice a day just so holds it up), so I need to get new tires today. And the car needs an oil change. When will they finally create the maintenance-free car? That would be so much more enjoyable than the electric car, self-driving, or hybrid.

My neighbor's boys, around the same age as my 2 sons, just offered me their hamster. Their mom won't let them keep it any longer, they've had him for about 9 months. Last night, she allegedly just put him outside the house, maybe hoping a racoon would stop by and take care of the matter. Luckily for the little guy, temperatures were around the mid-60's last night, no rain, and the racoon stayed away, but still. Now she won't allow the hamster in until the boys' father comes tonight to pick it up. I thought that was animal cruelty, and illegal? Even if it's just a hamster.

Unfortunately I can't take the hamster in myself, we already have a gerbil, and two cats who see him as canned food. Hard to understand how people can think that animals don't count.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

It’s Tuesday here now. I’d rather add on here than start up a new day.  I slept like a log by the way.

And yes, that’s the view from the balcony for the next 4 days.  Sweet. This morning it was clear enough to see Tsushima Island (Japan) to the south east about 15 mi away.

Got up and did 15 mi up the Jaingsan mountain trail.  It was just too tempting so I just kept going. The GPS says I did 3300 ft of gain.

qotd: hard shells with tacos, soft with fajitas.

tbd.

LB2

Monday started with lightning, so I drank coffee and read. Then, I had meetings all day with no run.

qotd: soft shells for tacos. But I call a soft shell taco a burrito. I don't know.

LB2