Trailer Trash

weekender (Read 20 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

put the boots/pack on; 5 miles and ~ 1600 of gain w/ a 45# pack

gorgeous weather here- high 40's (low) to mid 60's (high)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Looked at the final NOAA data, over the 3 day period our area received about 22 inches of rain. Over half of that was during a 6 hour period on Thursday morning when we had our 'flash flood'.  Yikes.

We also had some impressive thunderstorms yesterday, folks are a bit shell-shocked right now.  But now the issue is.... with all that sogginess the humidity is a bazzion percent.  I ran to the gym this morning (8mi) and went along the causeway over the lake and swampy area, if was so freaking humid I could barely breath. Seriously.  It was a cool 87 deg though. Anyway, I made it to the gym and met my DW  did some core stuff, and then spent lots of time in the hot tub & pool. Knee felt fine.

mt, I'm assuming that TE was carrying your pack again. 

tbd.

runtraildc

Ha, 3 miles this morning. Half of them walking. Ran with the running group and my friend, 1.5 miles in, tripped on a curb and twisted her ankle. Thankfully we were not in the park yet and an easy walk back to the coffee shop/meet up spot. Hopefully it will heal quickly since we have a race next Sunday.  I've been with her before (she has a history), and this was a pretty light sprain, considering. Oh, and I did not run yesterday like I said I would.

Sandy-- I hope this weather goes away soon and folks can clean up and dry out.  You all have been hit hard these past days.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sandy- we don't get that much rain in a year (sometimes two)- yikes! 

mt, I'm assuming that TE was carrying your pack again. 

of course, that's too damn much weight for me to pack around Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

I managed to finish the 50k. It took me about 1 hour and change longer than it took me when I ran I 5 years ago. It was an awesome trail..lots of gnarly terrain, 3 river crossings, a soaking 15 minute downpour, walking through a deep swamp, and a half mile "run" up river. It was a quad killer. I did great until mile 22(the river run). Then, I boarded the struggle bus. 2.4 miles off trail up gnarly shit..then to the last aid station 6.1 miles from the finish. My mental game went bad and I could not force myself to sustain a run. I managed to run the last 3/4 mile. I did win my age group...likely the only one in my age group..like 5 years ago. Glad I did it. Now I hurt everywhere and I'm running a fever. But I am super happy I did it.

Sandy, that is a hell of a rainfall!

Warden: will Tiny E be carrying out the meat as well?

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

3 last night, 4 today, hopefully a LR in the morning before it gets too hot. Supposed to be 90 tomorrow -

Sandy - Wow that's a lot of rain.  

Congrats moonlight.  Nothing wrong with being on the struggle bus sometimes.  I know that ride well.  You made it to the end.  Sorry to hear about the fever though, that sucks.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

moonlight- congrats!  sounds like a tough battle, but a battle you won Smile

I should make Tiny E a little set of panniers- he could pack out a pound or two 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Sun and heat on Saturday destroyed any real hopes of reaching my goal.  After about 5 hours into the race it became a matter of survival. It affected everyone which actually allowed me to edge into third place for my age group with 52.9 miles.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Congrats George!

Hit the trails with Tiny E, 5 miles w/ ~ 1400' of gain and 45#s on my back, today was the first day (in about 10 days now of hitting it w/ the pack) that it didn't feel too bad- that's a win! Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Sounds like epic runs by moonlight and wc. Congrats.

Yeah we had half of our yearly normal rain amount over 3 days.  It’s gone now but with the humidity here it’ll take a while to dry out.

I got up this morning and did 8 mi, humid again of course.

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Moonlight and wc: congratulations! Way to tough it out.

Sandy: I can imagine he humidity being overwhelming now. And then still temps around 90 - if you can run in this weather, you are fit for anything.

Warm and humid here, too, but nothing that compares. No run today, just 28 bike miles. Saw a raccoon in the morning.

Run for fun.