Trailer Trash

The Weekender (Read 20 times)

moonlightrunner

Since I am not running right now, it seems I have more opportunity to post...so here  am ...Thread Starter.  If I were running I would be out running the Yankee Springs Winter Challeng 50k. But NOOOOOO!. Wondering if Eric is out running it...I know he has run it the kast couple years or so.

Sandy: you asked which headlamp I tried the other night. It is the Hurkins 180.  Just reading about it...I realize I was wearing it upside down. Which is why I found too much light in my eyes...lol. it is supposed to last 100 hours...it did fine for my two hour hike and I had it on high the entire time. I find the dial control is fussy...and I have yet to figure it out. But...I wore the damn thing upside down for two hours so I suspect it was due to operator ignorance.

Hiking with the grands a bit later. Watching old Star Trek...the original, with a cat on my lap.

Berto! So good to hear from you. Glad your days are a bit brighter, and I hope you get some good news soon.

Qotd: pass.

Have a great weekend!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

runtraildc

Morning all. Did actually run today. Almost 5 with the group. I felt stiff. Need to work more yoga into the routine, but right now my 'routine' is non-existent for anything. Our running group was huge this morning. I'd write it off as NY resolutions, but they were all regulars, just out in the 55 degree weather in the rain break.

Bert- Glad to hear from you. Here's hoping for better news soon.

Qotd: What's the latest technology snafu you've had lately? And do you usually fix them, or someone else? The USB drivers on my laptop seem to be having issues. My printer also seems to have a broken paper feed and my garmin won't upload to my strava (or anything). Thought I had the garmin thing worked out, but now I"m figuring it is more the USB drivers. I did some easy troubleshooting, but I think I will pass it on to DH, who is more efficient in fixing things electronic. The printer will probably be replaced. I think it is moving onto 10 years old. What bothers me is that we have new ink cartridges that will likely go to waste.

AT-runner

Tim

Ran a few miles yesterday over lunchtime. Today 8 hilly miles on a logging road. Trails are swamped from more rain. The road goes up 850' in 3 miles and drops 300' in a mile. Turn around and return.  Last downhill mile is the reward for all the climbing.

Saw "Little Women" last night at the theater. Saoirse Ronan is an unbelievable actress.  Pretty good take on the book. It's getting a lot of Oscar buzz.

Moon - Star Trek. Now you're talking. I'm a sci-fi nerd from way back.

DC - how's your post-marathon running motivation? Getting back on the pony for another go?

QOTD: I'm the fixer for the whole family (and some friends).  Sister called the other day to say her room kept losing power and she had to reset the breaker a few times. I went over and she had 11 gadgets and appliances plugged into 1 outlet (using 2 power strips).  She's handicapped and has night-time oxygen and CPAP machine, motorized bed, phone, lights, fan, etc, etc etc. Ended up adding a new 20amp double outlet to her room and taking away some things she didn't need plugged in at all times.

Looked something like this. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o, good to hear from you.  I hope 2020 is better.  You deserve some good news.

Moonlight, sounds like a good day in store for you even without Yankee Springs.

runtraildc, Strava was glitchy for me today too.  I think it's them, not you.

AT, nice that you were able to help your sis.

Ran 10.1 fast-ish miles and walked one mile for recovery.

QOTD: Our cars seem to have a lot of tech snafus.  Leaky door seals, bulbs needing replacing, sensors acting up, etc.  No surprise because they're old and high mileage. DH is the fixer in this house.

MTA: Time to renew my RA subscription.  I'm seeing ads again... and they're for AARP.    If you enjoy the community here, I highly encourage you to throw in a few bucks to support RA.  Go to Options and then Subscriptions.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a 6 mile run, not misspelled, an actual run  w/ Tiny E, not fast but a good amount of vert and trails that were mostly ice

Tiny E made a good find, but got sick of packing it Smile

qotd: nothing of late, mostly due to getting a new computer- I eeked my old one out for nearly 10 years

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Ran into an old running buddy from 20 years ago at the park so ended up walking about 4 of the 10.2 miles I put in catching up and reminiscing about old times.

qotd:  getting frustrated with getting a new cable box working.  As far as I can tell everything is hooked up properly but I'm still not getting a signal.  The instructions make no sense and without a signal (I assume that's the issue), I'm not getting the setup screen on the TV.  I suspect the TV is too old to work with the new cable box.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Fun times at 7IL ranch in Cat Spring, TX.  DD did the 25 mi ride and came in top 10. Then she ran a few miles with me. This is what I did.

tbd.

NorthernHarrier

Currently up at my cabin sitting in front of the fire with my coffee. Currently snowing outside but I think I'll grab a pair of ski's and head out to some nearby ski trails for a short session. Probably do a 5 mile road run this afternoon and then head home.

Yesterday was some snowshoeing around my property, a road run, and then I hit the snowshoe trails for a run/hike by headlamp. Just generally a relaxing weekend of low intensity activities. Kinda nice.

QOTD--Well everything has been going fine lately. DW is the tech savvy one around here while I am generally the home handyman and between us we can usually fix about anything. (knocking on wood) 

AT-runner

Tim

Rocky hilly trail run with DW today. Felt pretty good for first 1/2 and then felt like my legs were not attached. Hill run yesterday did me in, I guess. Somewhere between 8-9 miles. Left watch on charger, again.

So fun to watch Cheat-triots lose yesterday. No other coach has had 1/2 the NFL investigations as Bill Beli-cheat has. With the owner, Robert Kraft in charge of the NFL Media Committee, it's funny how not much is said about that.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

glad to see New England out; sorry to see Buffalo go down- that's a game that they should have won Sad

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Currently up at my cabin sitting in front of the fire with my coffee. Currently snowing outside but I think I'll grab a pair of ski's and head out to some nearby ski trails for a short session. Probably do a 5 mile road run this afternoon and then head home.

Yesterday was some snowshoeing around my property, a road run, and then I hit the snowshoe trails for a run/hike by headlamp. Just generally a relaxing weekend of low intensity activities. Kinda nice.

QOTD--Well everything has been going fine lately. DW is the tech savvy one around here while I am generally the home handyman and between us we can usually fix about anything. (knocking on wood) 

Al- that's my kind of weekend! Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

glad to see New England out; sorry to see Buffalo go down- that's a game that they should have won Sad

It was an entertaining day of football.  I, for one, will not miss Bill Belichick's ugly mug on the sidelines.  And the pick-6 was a nice ending for TB12.

4.5 easy miles this morning with a friend.  A beautiful day here.  I will alternate house chores, yard work, and more football today.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles for Tiny E and I- the trails are almost solid ice; even with microspikes I have to exercise a little caution going downhill

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dhuffman63

Trails

Had a massage Sat then went grocery shopping...back hurt after that so I did not do my scheduled 16 to 20 miles so I'm doing them today in between laundry.  Just put a chicken in the oven to roast, will make some mashed potatoes and some peas for dinner.

Watch update-it does notifications...phone calls, texts, emails and my calendar.  Also it uploaded my "run" to here automatically from Garmin Connect.

qotd: My back...lol.  Had to replace my 5+ year old desktop and went with a laptop DH had laying around.  The keyboard gives me fits sometimes.  DH is the tech guy but I can hold my own.  He putters around the farm doing things like setting up the electric fence but he's not really a handy man.

Sandy-2

DD did another 25 mi ride today, took it easy since she was on a young inexperienced horse that she is just starting to train, they did great.

Today I got in a 10 mi run in between my crewing duties. Yesterday I did the 20 on the trails which had some sand that taxed my legs and ankles pretty good, so today I mostly did Jeep roads, dirt roads and a little bit of trail that knew didn’t have any sand. Much easier w/o the sand!!!

tbd.