Trailer Trash

Pony Express 100 RR (Read 44 times)

Occasional Runner

Congratulations !

I know you passed me at some point but I wasn't sure and without my glasses I couldn't see well enough to see the logo to know which fast guy you were .

I was pretty sure I saw you but it didn't really sink in until later. I'm glad you enjoyed it out there. It's a pretty cool place.

muppy

2nd place, that's awesome! Not sure I could be on a long straight road like that without going crazy.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

This picture just scares me unless I am cruising along on a motorcycle.  I cannot imagion running a race on this course.  I can see why it was better at night.  Nice job on your PR...the RR was real written and enjoyable to read.   Next time maybe Jo can help you with proper lubbing.  Can't wait to hear about this weekend.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Thanks for the report! Great job, and I never cease being amazed by the support your wife provides. You are very lucky to have her!

Ditto!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Occasional Runner

It's best to just watch your feet for a while.

This picture just scares me unless I am cruising along on a motorcycle.  I cannot imagion running a race on this course.  I can see why it was better at night.  Nice job on your PR...the RR was real written and enjoyable to read.   Next time maybe Jo can help you with proper lubbing.  Can't wait to hear about this weekend.

Chnaiur

I have never used headphones when I run, but seeing this made me think I would bring them if I ever run this race.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Occasional Runner

I have never used headphones when I run, but seeing this made me think I would bring them if I ever run this race.

My iPod was the only thing separating me from total insanity. I listened to it for 16 hours straight.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Wow-great finish!  You've certainly put in a tremendous amount of work this past year, so it's very well deserved.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Low_O2

Nice Job and another great RR! I haven't run any 100's but would totally agree with you that a flat and fast run is way harder than a rugged mountain run. I can't imagine running for that long without some good hike/walk sections! As flat and boring as that looks, there is something very soothing about the wide open desert. Had me laughing at the drone strikes. All I could think about was the movie Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, when he thought bats were flying everywhere.

Occasional Runner

Nice Job and another great RR! I haven't run any 100's but would totally agree with you that a flat and fast run is way harder than a rugged mountain run. I can't imagine running for that long without some good hike/walk sections! As flat and boring as that looks, there is something very soothing about the wide open desert. Had me laughing at the drone strikes. All I could think about was the movie Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, when he thought bats were flying everywhere.

The real struggle is that you have to use the same muscle group for the entire 100 miles. In mountain races, we get to alternate between muscle groups which provides some recovery time.

I'm having a more difficult recovery from this race than I did the Bear, and it had 22,000 feet of gain.

Sandy-2

Great report once again.  Congrats on 2nd place and a PR.  That straight road would be a killer for me.

Jo didn't go to the turnaround?  Slacker.  LOL.

tbd.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Congrats.  Nice to see that you got on the podium...those fast guys are everywhere, but only one upset stomach away from a victory is pretty damn good.  Keep up the good work on the running and writing!

**Ask me about streaking**