Trailer Trash

Somnolent Sundailies (Read 252 times)

Miserable run, but at least it wasn't as bad as Faster's! Went out after dark (very easy, as the sun set about 2:10) for my Sunday 2-hour long run, on a route I've done many times in daylight. Turns out the woods look very different in the dark. I took a wrong turn,  and came out onto a road I'd never seen before. I was on an island, so it wasn't like I'd be lost forever, but it took some time and more wrong turns and stops and retracing to finally find a place I recognized. 

Oh, well. I probably shouldn't attempted that route in the dark, but it's been closed off for several weeks--okay, it was still closed off last night, but I let myself be tempted by the idea of peaceful, snowy woods and sort of avoided the barriers. The good part is that when I found my way out, I discovered another way to get back into the woods without having to deal with the closed section at all. So it's all good in the end.

I got in a fun 16 mile long run. Lots of roots and rocks and waterfalls (need to remember to bring camera so I can share photos). Got my MMM's soaked through for the first time and didn't have any problems with them.

qotd: my max in one month was 106 back in August of this year. My max over a year... that'll depend on how much I run this month but likely around 800.

Pinhoti 100: Finished :D

Irish Luck

Was happy to be joined by the mister (who is feeling stronger and stronger), as well as a friend for some early, muddy miles yesterday morning. It was fun and I felt good. My hip has been feeling "sticky" which I am attributing to sitting at my desk during the week. 

QOTD: I'm such a low-baller, but I was pretty pleased with three straight months of 100 miles, despite losing my running partner/husband/trail guy to injuries throughout the fall.

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

FurShirtFlyer

I had a nice recovery 4 miles. Nothing real special but it felt good.

QOTD: My highest ever week was 58 miles. My highest month was around 250 miles.