Trailer Trash

Meandering Monday (Read 19 times)

runtraildc

Ran 4 yesterday with the brewery group. They opened early for us, to get in a run then a beer before noon. Not a bad way to start Sunday. Another faster paced run for me. I might not be plugging in the high mileage right now, but working on speed and strength is helping. Today, I'm not sure of the plan (thus mentally 'meandering'). It snowed last night, and freezing rain right now. Will continue to rain most of the day so an outside run is not likely. the gym? It's been so long...

qotd: Favorite holiday treat(s)? I'm getting ready to bake and am keeping it light this year. Maybe just thumbprint cookies and peanut butter kisses. I fall into the camp in which chocolate chip cookies are 'holiday cookies'. Those are everyday treats, not christmas cookies.

AT-runner

Tim

No run today. Work and then finish packing t go to Estes Park, Co for the rest of the week.  Weather there looks great. They have snow, but no too much that we can't get in some good hiking and running.  Can't wait to have all the kids under 1 roof for a few days.

QOTD:  DW makes snickerdoodle cookies that have won several baking awards. They stay soft in the middle and crispy on the edges. Yummm. She took classes as a pastry chef, and cookies are her best.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

dhuffman63

Trails

Will do a TM walk tonight.  Weather here is frightful...lol, freezing rain, snow, ice, just pretty crappy.

qotd: I make Marbled Fudge Bars which resemble cream cheese brownies.  I love to bake but DH is somewhat overweight and doesn't need the calories.  He eats enough junk at work.  I'll take most down to DD and her family while keeping just a few back for us.

I'm trying to eat less junk food but I'm struggling right now with all the stuff being brought in.  Oh well it's once a year and I can afford the weight gain.

Sandy-2

SRD today.  Well, the temps around here are meandering too.  Yesterday it was 84 deg and tonight it's supposed to go down to the mid-30's. Gotta love turning on the AC (mostly for the humidity) and heat the same day.

qotd: my DW makes the best simple old school sugar cookies, you know, the ones with the different color sugar sprinkles on top.  She makes all sorts of amazing cookies, but she can't make enough of those simple sugar ones.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I will run today because it is sunny...maybe the bluff along the ocean.  But may wait till later...warm up a bit.  Just the usual 5 to 6.  

qotd:  hmmm ......my uncle use to make these peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate yummm also a white creamery vision also good.  Right now our co-host camper is supplying me with home made cookies which I eat...immediately...but wish she would quit as I have no self control and would prefer to use my calories for other stuff...like that lasagna she made me  so good.  

At:  enjoy your trip with the family.  We probably won’t hear from you for awhile.  

runtrail:  I have also been running faster and enjoying the feeling of power...makes me think it’s ok to ditch the long runs..

sandy:  we had to get a dehumidifier for the trailer ...the humidity was so bad we started getting mood growing on the metal inside.  

duffman: need the weight......something I have never said 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Been MIA over the weekend as I caught a nice stomach bug that DD had last week. I love when my kids share!  Still feel yucky.  Have run 1x in 2 weeks.  Definitely no running today.

QOTD: I will be making chocolate & peanut butter chip cookies later today.  Not sure I have a favorite.  Everything (with sugar) is good!

Have a great Monday!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

will probably strength train this evening and give Tiny E a SRD Smile

qotd: 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Ultra Cowboy

Spent last night in our down town enjoying the Christmas Decorations and checking out Miracle the Holiday pop-up Bar.

Took ML's Best friend from Spokane out to see the old speakeasy bar at Volpi's, and checkout the Gingerbread house contestants at the Old Petaluma Hotel.  Gonna be a lot of being a Tourist  in my hometown as ML's kids are coming to CA for the Holiday.  Her Paratrooper son flies in on the 18th and her College age daughter arrives on the 20th.

and in local news.....

https://www.instagram.com/p/B58did9BbBA/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

WYBMADIITY

Save

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Ahhh- the good old penis fish 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Ultra Cowboy

Ahhh- the good old penis fish 

Now we know why her friend came to visit from Washington!  

"

WYBMADIITY

Save

XtremeTaper

Just back from 4 miles in the hood with the dogs, 3 with Baker and 1 with the Lady. Should have went longer with the Lady. She was doing well today. Yesterday about 6 down at Fair Hill. MD with the Sunday traildawg group. Baker and the Lady went of course. Baker's first Sunday group run.

New car picked up today, old one I setup a pickup from a salvage place, junk my car.com. We will see if they give me the $ they offered on the web after 20 questions but worst case it won't be less than the dealer offered. Picked up a very low mileage certified used 2019 Ford Explorer. Should fit our needs for long road trips. Lots of nice tech in the car.

QOTD: I like those butter cookies like Sandy, but prefer them slathered in butter cream frosting. Sno-balls are good too.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Ultra Cowboy

QOTD:  brownies with a peppermint frosting layer in the middle my cousin makes,,,

Humble brag alert.  Got my Race pictures from Saturday

WYBMADIITY

Save