Trailer Trash

Hay where’s the Weekender? (Read 19 times)

Sandy-2

Got up and did 15 lousy miles this morning.  Actually the first 8 or so we’re alright, but then the wheels just fell off.  I think I’m getting ground down.  But there is a glimmer of a light at the end of the tunnel, a month or so to go.

Booked my flights, hotels, car for the Bear today, so that was productive. Going lone wolf on this one.

qotd: I got nothin...

tbd.

NorthernHarrier

I'm glad summer is almost over, at least using Labor day as the unofficial end as I am so tired of the tourons up here. Things do significantly slow down once we are past that day. Ran at the Porcupine mountains today, nothing overly long as I guess I am heading towards that mountain 50k and our epic run on the Pawnee/Buchanon loop. Still some technical, chin scraping climbs, lots of rocks and roots to keep my focus.

Burgers over the open fire along with some beverages then relaxed down on the pier with the dogs. No mosquitoes anywhere, just loons and a beaver.

Leave for Colorado next weekend. Should be a good trip.

QOTD- hmmm, no clue. I have plenty of good ones while out running but with my memory.....

GC100k

Got up with a terrible case of vertigo this morning. Couldn't do much except sit in one place all day. Finally got out mid/late afternoon for a planned 16 miler. Vertigo was manageable by then, but I hit the wall hard at 5 miles, walked a couple more, and packed it in. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day.

Sandy-2

Got up with a terrible case of vertigo this morning. Couldn't do much except sit in one place all day.

I get vertigo every once in a while.  This ‘Epley Maneuver’ totally fixed it for me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?vl=en&v=9SLm76jQg3g

Hope it helps.

tbd.

GC100k

I get vertigo every once in a while.  This ‘Epley Maneuver’ totally fixed it for me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?vl=en&v=9SLm76jQg3g

Hope it helps.

Did it. Thanks.

It's not so bad today.

Sandy-2

Nice moon setting over the bayou just before the sunrise over the lake this morning. Quite peaceful.

I did the bayou trail to the park and back this morning to test out the new Hokas. Did 10 mi, looks like they are going to work out fine. They seemed to be draining the sweat ok, but on the way back I went into the lake to see how they’d really drain, seems ok. I’ll probably go up to big park next weekend to do another 20 in them.

CG, I should have mentioned that after you figure out which side it is on you can repeat the maneuver on that side a few times to fix the issue. Again, hope it works.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

Mid length trail run yesterday on our way to Baltimore and then a nice day of golf, food and drinks.

Today we did a long hilly run.  We ran from Pine Grove Furnace camping area up Buck Ridge Trail to Kings Gap. Ran around on some of their trails and came back down Buck Ridge.  17 miles with a lot of runnable climbs and 3-4 really nice vistas to soak in. Started to get warm again today. Bought a 2' long freezer pop at the Pine Grove General Store.  DW had grape and I had orange. Hit the spot. Forecast is for mid 90's for the week coming up.  Argh.

GC - Can't go wrong doing both sides with Epley's (no way to undo what you did on other side), but if you notice one side works better, then stick with that one.  I took a seminar from Dr. John Epley in the late 80's.  He was pretty a funny guy from Portland, OR.  There was a lot of resistance to his maneuver when it came out because the #1 treatment at the time was to take Meclizine (antivert, bonine), and the pharmaceutical companies didn't want people trying a non-medicinal treatment that was easy to do at home.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

GC100k

Mid length trail run yesterday on our way to Baltimore and then a nice day of golf, food and drinks.

Today we did a long hilly run.  We ran from Pine Grove Furnace camping area up Buck Ridge Trail to Kings Gap. Ran around on some of their trails and came back down Buck Ridge.  17 miles with a lot of runnable climbs and 3-4 really nice vistas to soak in. Started to get warm again today. Bought a 2' long freezer pop at the Pine Grove General Store.  DW had grape and I had orange. Hit the spot. Forecast is for mid 90's for the week coming up.  Argh.

GC - Can't go wrong doing both sides with Epley's (no way to undo what you did on other side), but if you notice one side works better, then stick with that one.  I took a seminar from Dr. John Epley in the late 80's.  He was pretty a funny guy from Portland, OR.  There was a lot of resistance to his maneuver when it came out because the #1 treatment at the time was to take Meclizine (antivert, bonine), and the pharmaceutical companies didn't want people trying a non-medicinal treatment that was easy to do at home.

Is there a map somewhere of the non-AT trails at Pine Grove Furnace?

I did the procedure both sides. Not sure of which ear it is, but when I lay back with my head tilted 45deg to the right, the blurriness and dizzyness stopped (but returned in any other position). Anyway, I seem to be fine today, maybe slightly dizzy, not too bad. I've had it happen twice in the past and it was the same process: a couple days of feeling kinda funny only when I first get up in the morning, then one day of pretty darn bad, that fade out over the next couple days.

AT-runner

Tim

Is there a map somewhere of the non-AT trails at Pine Grove Furnace?

I did the procedure both sides. Not sure of which ear it is, but when I lay back with my head tilted 45deg to the right, the blurriness and dizzyness stopped (but returned in any other position). Anyway, I seem to be fine today, maybe slightly dizzy, not too bad. I've had it happen twice in the past and it was the same process: a couple days of feeling kinda funny only when I first get up in the morning, then one day of pretty darn bad, that fade out over the next couple days.

Michaux Forest  is the map I use. Look in Trail Finder Thread ( a sticky at the top of threads) for more PA trails and some smaller maps around Pine Grove.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

GC100k

Michaux Forest  is the map I use. Look in Trail Finder Thread ( a sticky at the top of threads) for more PA trails and some smaller maps around Pine Grove.

Thanks. I saw they had paper maps of Michaux at Appalachian Running Company but I didn't take time to look it over. Maybe I'll buy a paper one. Two winters ago I ran out there several times. Last year my move was to start by Boiling Springs and turn around before Pine Grove Furnace. I might run out there more this year.

LB2

10 miles Saturday and 5 miles this morning. Yesterday, I think was my longest run since November of last year. Pretty set on running a 50K in the spring. Nothing longer than that anywhere close that interests me enough to devote the time and effort necessary to run it. Needs to be at the right time and mountainous. I'll keep thinking about that for a later date.

LB2

dhuffman63

Trails

I had a massage Sat and 8 miles...was supposed to do 14 on Sunday but my RHR was high Sat and Sun so I took a TURD instead.  It's back to normal in the 60's this morning. Since I have a 50k on Sat I may just take one more day of rest then some short miles T, W, Th.