Trailer Trash

Soggy Thursdaily (Read 21 times)

Sandy-2

SRD again, but with all the lightening around here I wouldn't be running anyway. I could have used a canoe getting to work today. All joking aside there are some places around here where houses are flooding again. It's just with so much rain falling so quickly and it's so flat here that any small low spot pools a lot of water and the surrounding houses/roads get flooded. I'm sure once it gets light out here will be some horrible  photos.

No knee pain going up/down the stairs so I'll probably do some running this weekend. Yay.

qotd: Do you like Country Music?  I don't normally, but I do like it when non-country folks do it, like the Stones, Neil, Elvis Costello, etc.  Been watching the Country Music thing on PBS, it's great.

tbd.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  I'm right there with you on the resting thing, Sandy.  Glad to hear you're improving!

QOTD:  I don't really care for what is played on something like a normal country music station (twangy, poppy country stuff), but I do enjoy alt-country some of the time.  I enjoy at least some music from every genre.  Except for maybe heavy metal screaming stuff.

Running is dumb.

LB2

Another short loop this morning. The dryer went out last night, so I took the whole thing apart about 8:30 last night to see exactly which part I needed. Everything looked good except for a massive amount of lint/dust on the motor and just everywhere in the thing. I cleaned it all out and put it all back together, reseated the drum and drive belt. It worked. It still makes a squeaking sound at first but seems to level out after a few minutes.

QOTD: I don't like Hick Hop; I don't like Pop Country. But I love groups like the Turnpike Troubadours, Flatland Cavalry, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Mike and the Moonpies, Reckless Kelly, Cody Jinks, Tyler Childers, Jason Broland, Cross Canadian Ragweed, and many others who create real music. You won't hear them on country radio. I'll have to check out that country music series. I hear nothing but wonderful things about it.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Cool morning here. Perfect for a run with distance TBD.  Not sure where I'll head yet so guess I'll decide as I'm driving to the mountains.

Throw Back Thursday. 2 years ago today in Helena Montanan.

Warden smiling! I tried to look like Warden.  DW just looked cute, as always.

QOTD:  Not a big country fan, but I can listen to some of the older country.  It really bothers me when a singer talks without a twang and then once they start singing it sound all hicksville.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Keeping it short today, probably about 3 later this morning.

TBT: Saturday at NC 24 will be exactly 6 years since my very first ultra there in 2013 when I ran 12-hours.

qotd: I've been watching the Ken Burns series as well.  I haven't had a lot of exposure to country music per se and was surprised at how many of the tunes I recognized.  Of course I recognized a lot of the names after working in the B&N music dept for 8 years.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I don't like Hick Hop

This is a new term for me.  Is this a mish-mash of hip hop and country?  Sounds...interesting. 

Running is dumb.

Sandy-2

Keeping fingers crossed.  I'm at work, but this is a photo my DW just sent, taken from the front door of our house.  Our street and driveway are underwater.  The black thing in the middle of the street is a garbage can.  The water would have to go up another 12 to 18 inches before it gets into our house. Getting home tonight will be an adventure I'm sure.

Lived here 20 years through many multiple hurricanes, never have seen anything remotely like this. Yes....  we have flood insurance.

tbd.

Yikes, that’s crazy Sandy!  Hope the rain stops soon and the water goes down. And that you can get home...

AT, great TBT pic!  Your DW is always the rose amidst the thorns.

Walked 3 miles yesterday, will do something similar after work today.  Planning to start running again this weekend.  Lumps and bumps seem to have subsided.

QOTD: alt-country (e.g. Wilco/Uncle Tupelo) would be the closest thing to country that I like.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

AT-runner

Tim

Sandy - good luck. Hopefully you and your neighbors make it through this undamaged.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Gator eye

• Hope it stops soon Sandy, my basement floaded last spring ( busted sump pump) and I’m still trying to het things back to normal

ten yesterday. Nothing today. Racing again next weekend.  Kind of close from my last race, probably not well recovered but what the hey I’m due for a injury

LB2

This is a new term for me.  Is this a mish-mash of hip hop and country?  Sounds...interesting. 

Pretty much. There is a fair amount of this stuff out there right now with singers rapping, and in some cases, collaborating with rappers like Billy Ray Cyrus and Lil Nas X doing "Old Town Road". That is a pretty extreme case, but there is a ton of what I call "Douche Bag Country" like Florida-Georgia Line, Thomas Rhett, Jason Aldean, and pretty much anything heard on country radio. To me, the three mentioned previously are the Holy Trinity of everything that is wrong with Nashville right now. Mainly, these are songs about tailgates, Bud Light, and general non substantive subject matter that just plain sucks. Some would say that I have a very eclectic taste in music. I am just as likely to be listening to Iron Maiden as I am to Merle Haggard. To me, those things go together just fine because they have substance.

LB2

LB2

Sandy: I hope all is well with you guys over there. I hate to see one go to Houston about as much as I hate to see one hit between Houston and Baton Rouge. I hate the east side of the storm!!

LB2

Sandy-2

Good news !!! The water in front of our house is gone now. No water inside our house.  Also no water in our next door neighbor's house, which is good since we are watching the place for them while they are away, they've been on the phone with my DW a lot.

I might not have to sleep in my office.

Whether bureau said we got 14 inches of rain at our house between yesterday and today.  Lucky, 10 miles northeast of us they got 20 inches over the same period.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sandy good to hear!

AT great pic!  you've got the warden smile down pat Smile

8 miles and ~ 2000' of gain for Tiny E and I; the pack isn't feeling any lighter, but we made pretty good time despite it

qotd: enjoying the Ken Burns documentary as well!  I don't listen to anything new, but the older stuff- Hank Williams, Hank Snow, Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, etc I can't help but like Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √