Trailer Trash

Thirsty Thursday (Read 31 times)

moonlightrunner

I am going for a run/hike with a friend recovering from injury. I hope she can run enough so we don't get mobbed by mosquitoes and flies.

Qotd: I have lost 85 pounds since January... that has completely changed my running form and increased my enjoyment of it.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

We took a rest day today.

QOTD: Went from road to trail.  Went from racing to just running for the pure joy of being on the trail without doing organized events.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Chnaiur

Doing 15 on rolling trails tonight. Will be dark, just as last time I did it. This time I'm not stressing about finishing, but instead look forward to the embrace of night.

QOTD: I've lowered my intensity. I used to try to break my PB almost every run. I've also tried and discarded minimalist running. In addition, I'm constantly experimenting with my uphill stride to make it more efficient. My current hypothesis is to go for high turnover.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Meeting a friend tonight to run7 with the dogs. QOTD: Yes, more morning runs in last year. More consistent long runs in the last 2 years. Training for races no longer dictates the need to run long. Xterem Taper: Enjoy your last long run....before your really really long run. Wich in my case is at least 4 long runs together. Northern: Kelly recommended NB 1210. So I can get the silver/gray for $40 less then the purple pink. Both shoes have ugly colors, it's just that the purple aren't so ugly. It bugs me that I am actually considering payng $40 more....but I won't. Jon: Did you smoke after? moonlightrunner: Nice job on the 85.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Qotd: I have lost 85 pounds since January... that has completely changed my running form and increased my enjoyment of it.

Wow, great work! Simply eat healthy/run more? Or a more drastic change?

Sandy-2

I did end up doing 5 miles last night.  It was very slow and sluggish.  At the end my quads and calfs were mushy and today I have dead legs.  Oh yeah, I guess I should mention that it was about 95 deg.  I may do an easy 3 or 4 tonight, not sure yet.

moonlightrunner:  wow, awesome.

qotd: I have also geard things more toward Ultras rather than marathons.

tbd.

jonferg67

Endless trails

That is awesome, good for you!!

jonferg67

Endless trails

Meeting a friend tonight to run7 with the dogs. QOTD: Yes, more morning runs in last year. More consistent long runs in the last 2 years. Training for races no longer dictates the need to run long. Xterem Taper: Enjoy your last long run....before your really really long run. Wich in my case is at least 4 long runs together. Northern: Kelly recommended NB 1210. So I can get the silver/gray for $40 less then the purple pink. Both shoes have ugly colors, it's just that the purple aren't so ugly. It bugs me that I am actually considering payng $40 more....but I won't. Jon: Did you smoke after? moonlightrunner: Nice job on the 85.

I didn't look down to check.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Big grin haa haa

I didn't look down to check.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

AWESOME !!!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

good early morning run w/ the headlamp ~ 6 miles w/ some decent elevation

qotd: my running "career" is rather short so not a lot of changes, I do listen to my body more and consequently have less injuries than when I first started; don't stretch anymore, but I do use a roller frequently

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

Thank for the congrats on the weight loss. I was not able to pull it off the old fashioned way. I had bariatric surgery. After years of running heavy my bones and muscles could not support my running habit.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

NorthernHarrier

Long day at the salt mines and as soon as I got home DW and DD wanted to go get a bite at one of our local brew pubs. Big grin I'm always all in for that.

Daydreamer--I've only got a little over a hundred miles on the Xodus 3.0. The little I've run in water with them seems good. They breathe real well, too well as my feet are sometimes filthy when I remove the shoes after running dry dusty trails. They are already coming out with a 4.0 hence my panic over still being able to find the 3.0 in my size at a good price. Zappos still had them but still at full retail. I just can never pay full retail when shopping on line.

Moonlight--85lbs is incredible. Congrats to you. Wow.

Low_O2

They are already coming out with a 4.0 hence my panic over still being able to find the 3.0 in my size at a good price. Zappos still had them but still at full retail. I just can never pay full retail when shopping on line.

NH - I think I saw that you found a pair of Xodus 3.0s already, but I noticed zbsports had a decent selection of sizes left and they're even on sale in case you're still looking. Should be another 20% off coupon code available currently as well. http://www.zbsports.com/product/Saucony-Mens-ProGrid-Xodus-30-FREE-RETURN-SHIPPING!

NorthernHarrier

NH - I think I saw that you found a pair of Xodus 3.0s already, but I noticed zbsports had a decent selection of sizes left and they're even on sale in case you're still looking. Should be another 20% off coupon code available currently as well. http://www.zbsports.com/product/Saucony-Mens-ProGrid-Xodus-30-FREE-RETURN-SHIPPING!

Thanks for the lead. I was able to order a pair at just slightly less than their price but if there is still another 20% off coming soon that would be a great deal. I will bookmark that and ponder if I should be even more OC. Thanks.