Trailer Trash

Weekender (Read 13 times)

runtraildc

Happy Saturday (or Sunday) trailers. Chowder and I got in just under 5 wogging miles this morning. Still, it felt good to get out even if the lungs weren’t fully functioning. Gorgeous day here in the mid-Atlantic. 

qotd: no idea- shall we skip it?

NorthernHarrier

Gorgeous day here too though we've been getting some of the smoke from Alberta for the last week or so. Makes for some great sunrises and sets but I still think I prefer a nice blue sky.  Did 16 trail miles today. I have a 25k in Iowa in 2 weeks so I wanted to make sure I can run that far these days.  Basically it's a small stepping stone towards running Canyon de Chelly in Oct. I've been such a slacker for the last couple years this will be a long buildup to make sure I can get it done.

QOTD--Our black flies finally started a few days ago. Pretty bad right now. Does your area have different annoying bug hatches?

Sandy-2

I ran 10 on Sat and then 18 this morning. This week was a bump-up week halfway between my two 50s did 63 miles in total, I squeezed it in between recovery from the 1st and taper for the 2nd  .

Wildlife sightings: yesterday I saw the alligator in East End Park (actually saw it twice this week) and this morning in River Grove Park I saw 4 baby raccoons that were running around in circles and finally went up a tree they were really funny (I didn't see the Mom but I know she was close) then around the bend in the same park I saw a water moccasin in the lake.  Actually the two parks butt up against the same lake but they are about 5 or 6 miles apart.

qotd: Yup, black flies and horse flies are getting thick around here now. I got 2 or 3 yesterday and 2 this morning while they were just starting to bite me, and that's even thou I sprayed myself with Deep Woods Off both mornings. Grrrr.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Little hill work with Tiny Elvis- 4 miles (700')- the 700' comes in the first ~ 3/4 of mile- tiptoe steep 

Air here has improved to Moderate- much, much better!

qotw: no biting bugs with a roughly 25 mile radius of here; I think it's due to no water- lakes/rivers nearby.  Helena is one of the few bigger Montana towns that isn't on a major waterway- strictly here because of a large gold find in the 1860's 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

13.4 today with a RC friend. Oof, her easy pace was a lot faster than mine, but I kept up and it didn't kill me.  Probably was good for me.  

Laundry is going.  Need to do some yard clean up this afternoon.

QOTD: just ticks, which are going to be out in abundance this year after a rainy winter and lots of brush growth.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR