Trailer Trash

sizzling Mondailies (Read 44 times)

runtraildc

We are under a heat advisory . I tried to running in the morning but the humidity is higher ...I know you non-desert dwellers will think I'm a wuss but it was 34% and nearly killed me . If I wait until later it is hotter but the humidity drops back to an acceptable level @10% .

34% sounds absolutely lovely.  Big grin  But feel free to call me a wuss when we talk about other desert conditions.

Chnaiur

Chnaiur: Oh those sacrifices!

I know, but with the help of a good psychologist I will dive into the trauma and defeat it!

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Got in 7 finally on Sunday...I'll do it again as soon as work hours are over (work from home).

QOTD: No drops...didn't get to do my home town 5k due to other commitments but I hadn't signed up yet.

**Ask me about streaking**

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I see he's been posting on FB.  Not sure if he left us.

He hasn't been around since that negative thread he was involved in...hope he's just taking a RA break...not much John M these days eitherUndecided

**Ask me about streaking**

Watoni

SRD for me, hoping for a big week.

Today it should be back over 100 degrees ....

QOTD: Terrible Two double century; Marin Ultra Challenge 50 miler ... hopefully nothing else this year

Side bar: Too bad ... I really don't care for Facebook so avoid it like the plague. I have to start thinking about who my friends are, etc. I'll take twitter or tumblr any day over FB

Ultra Cowboy

MTW, best of luck in your new position.  Same agency or new one?

It has been a long weekend and I will write a Cre report for WS100 soon.

Until then here is a link to "our runner".  I am so proud and honored to be a part of her first Western States, and first 100 miler .

http://www.ultralive.net/ws100/68

and a picture...

WYBMADIITY

Save

Snowdenrun

What's that thing called running again? I hear it's something I should do. Work has been busy. Crazy busy. Short staffed, a director of maintenance who doesn't do shit, 2 inspections and an engine change, all on top of the "regular maintenance" I do. To top it off my car broke down and parts are taking forever in the mail so I've been walking to work. Maybe I'll run home from work tonight.

QOTD: Nope.

Daydreamer- It was sad to hear about the firefighters. I think now that I'm part of a volunteer FD those things hit me a bit more. My cousin was also a smoke jumper for years and I believe has actually used her fire tent. This year she made the decision to stay on a truck because she has a daughter now.

Watoni

It has been a long weekend and I will write a Cre report for WS100 soon.

Until then here is a link to "our runner".  I am so proud and honored to be a part of her first Western States, and first 100 miler .

http://www.ultralive.net/ws100/68

and a picture...

That is awe-inspiring ... what a day to have your first 100-miler!!!! Great finish time as well.

jonferg67

Endless trails

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

thanks!  different agency- while not as exciting as my current job, it pays well and I get to collect my pension to boot Big grin  I'll also be in a better location for mountain running, win:win

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

ceezy

SRD for me....

June:  172

He said he was taking a break.

I thought he stopped running and took up golf. Smile

LB2

I may get to run some this week. We moved all weekend, and I am trying to figure out my schedule now. We are in transition... But, no Internet and television for a few days sure does make you a much closer family. The disconnection from technology has been refreshing. I guess I will get linked up again soon, though.

QOTD: I did cancel plans for Cajun Coyote 100. I will still do the 20 mile event and probably work the start/finish for the 100K and 100M, but my running has been sporadic, short, and fast lately, nothing long since the first weekend of March. I will regroup and push to redeem myself at Pinhoti next year.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Got my 8 miles in, it was 78-80 degrees, and 95% humidity. Talk about a hard run. And I must have developed quite a stench along my workout...

I outwitted the rocks and roots, even though they were quite slippery from all that rain in the area recently, but had an interesting animal encounter (see my separate post).

When I came home, DD showed me a video on the computer, so when DH came home a few minutes later, he did not know I had just come back from my run. He entered the house and barked "What's that bad smell in here??" - I will never forget his embarrassed face when he discovered me standing in the computer room, dripping with sweat and muddy all over. Big grin

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Crazy day at work today.  Glad I got my 5 miles in beforehand.  Very strange this morning, it was 72 deg and very low humidity, had to double check that I was actually back in TX!!!   And now that I've been home Sunday and Monday.... I'm currently sitting in the airport waiting for my flight back to London.  Can't tell you how excited I am...

Only good thing is after a quick meeting there I'm meeting my DS and DW at my SIL's in central PA for the long weekend.  I have to do two 20 milers so I just may have to get in touch with that FTYC person... (I'll be running somewhere up on Tussey early Friday morning.)

qotd: haven't cancelled anything yet this year.  Then again I don't sign up unless I'm sure.

tbd.