Trailer Trash

Funny Friday (Read 19 times)

runtraildc

Meh, yesterday was a fail. Got in a short dog wog. Started yoga, but Chowder thought it was a game and I'd start laughing, which then reinforced the 'game' so after 5 min, I gave up. Layer that on top of a miserable day of weather, bad news and cabin fever, the day couldn't get done with fast enough.

So running-wise, I'm heading out shortly as the rain is tapering off. 4-6 miles, we'll see.

qotd: Share something funny-- anything. Anecdote, cartoon or joke, whatever might elicit a smile or laugh. Far Side for me never fails. And there were always notes TO the tooth fairy in our house. She never responded, though.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Taking the day off...from running that is.  I was planning on it anyway but the all day rain helps to solidify my decision.

Just saw Laz's 1000k virtual run across Tennessee and am thinking of signing up to keep myself motivated over the summer.  You run 1000k (620 miles) starting May 1st through August 31st.  Easy enough but there is an option to double it back.  Not sure I could truly run 300+ miles a month.  But it might be fun to try.  I don't think there will be any races over the summer to jump in so why not.

QOTD:  

Have a great weekend! 

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Weather is craptacular here as well. Clouds and rain moved in last night. Looks to be a rainy day. My wife calls this quarantine weather, makes people want to stay at home, meaning it will be a good day to hit the trails later.

There was a partial dry slot right after breakfast so took the dogs out for the usual 2 mile wog. Halfway through the rain started up again but I rejected the idea of cutting the wog down to 1 mile so we plodded along getting wet. Will run some miles this evening with Baker, TTBD.  Last night was a slow hilly 3 with the Lady and Baker at Coventry Woods. Light rain had just started. Peaceful out there.

QOTD: How about a pic of me finishing my first marathon? I am the guy in the yellow shirt back there chasing the carrot.

Or perhaps SirB the springer greeting me good morning on the beach at Sanibel Island a few years back. That should make you smile.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today. Rain here, so good day not to run.

QOTD:

FACT: 20 years from now, this country will be run by

people who were home schooled

by their drunk parents. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles yesterday with DW and Tiny E- trails are finally starting to dry and a few wildflowers popping

going to get some more miles in later, possibly a strength training workout too

qotd:

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

dhuffman63

Trails

Thank you for the funnies.  Only reason I'm still on FB is the memes.  I've become addicted to them.  Wish I could say I did something but sadly no, I do nothing but sit on my ass.  It rains and/or is cold here at least every other day.  Yesterday was sunny and warm and I went up to feed the horses and brushed them and gave them hugs.  Today its crappy again.

Since our parks are all closed, I've been exploring the open space behind my neighborhood.  The good news is that there are trails and fire roads, better than pavement!  The bad news is that it's essentially straight up hill followed by straight downhill.... my 5 miler yesterday had 1400' of elevation gain.  Rest day today, long-ish run tomorrow.

Dr. J, I saw that virtual run across TN.  Fun idea.  Good motivation during the summer.

I just signed up for this virtual race in May, Head Goat 50k.  Do least 1 mile a day, 50k by the end of the month.  Free, but donations (pay what you can) are welcome to help keep RF Events afloat.   I have a warm spot in my heart for RF Events, who put on the Woodstock 100 that I did last year.  I've never done any kind of running streaks before.  Trying all sorts of new stuff now...

https://runningfitevents.redpodium.com/2020-head-goat-50k-in-may?fbclid=IwAR1qWFMtpvuVpEEwTqLh8a1StUF06XGnDf01PSUN4c6aa9nf2kNujqnA-I0

QOTD:

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

Got up and did 5 mi this morning.  It was a nice 55 deg.  Figured that I shouldn't wait until after work today since it was 90 deg in the afternoon.

Did our virtual Pub Crawl this afternoon.  Since I was technically still at work I had a diet Coke.

qord:  Local commentary in the paper (ok their website) on Houston's new mandatory mask order from the county judge.  With the way some people are whining about it you'd think they were requested to cut off a nut or something. Sheesh.  Anyway, this could be about having to wear a mask.... or maybe problems with auto-correct.

tbd.

Sandy, I heard about bananas being an acceptable face covering, lol.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran 5 done the canyon  this morning...our rules are the park is closed but ignore them if they come unless they oark in the park.  Rumor is next week the oark is opened for day use but still no parking.

did camp work and now laying on the hot beach drinking a beer.  

qotd:  thanks for the giggles but too much work to find one at this time.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

moonlightrunner

Your funnies all made me chuckle and brightened my evening. I walked and did a tiny bit of running tonight. Went to the grocery store and then picked up Mickie D's. Now sitting in my car at the park, watching the river run by.

Planning to spend most of the next two days outside. Weather is supposed to be better than it has been.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

dhuffman63

Trails

Gatsby I think I could do the Head Goat even in my current sloth state.  I think I'll sign up.  Perhaps even get outside periodically for a walk.  Thanks for the info.

Gatsby I think I could do the Head Goat even in my current sloth state.  I think I'll sign up.  Perhaps even get outside periodically for a walk.  Thanks for the info.

Yay!  There’s a private FB group for the event too, which is fun and refreshingly free of negative stuff.  There’s a link to join the group in the confirmation email after you sign up. Everyone is welcome, no matter how they plan on covering their daily mile.