Trailer Trash

2014! What's up? (Read 70 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Deciding on a 5k but boy it's tough to decide which one.  There's practically 3 or 4 every weekend during the spring and summer!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

It looks like this one is being added to the schedule...

http://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=24979

It has a 50k or 50M option and is run through the red rock slot canyons in AZ. The race is in February, so it'll be nice to get out of the snow for the weekend!

jmctav23

2/3rds training

VERY interesting.  Also on the site they have some info about a 100m/50m/50k race "in" the Grand Canyon slated for March 14th with no further info....It's great to see Northern AZ getting more ultra options, there's so much beautiful country here.

It looks like this one is being added to the schedule...

http://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=24979

It has a 50k or 50M option and is run through the red rock slot canyons in AZ. The race is in February, so it'll be nice to get out of the snow for the weekend!

Occasional Runner

VERY interesting.  Also on the site they have some info about a 100m/50m/50k race "in" the Grand Canyon slated for March 14th with no further info....

Tim, the RD, just partnered with Matt Long to build a bunch of races together. Matt currently puts on the Zion 100 and the Bryce 100.

jmctav23

2/3rds training

Cool stuff.  You going for the 50 miler I'm assuming?  Getting to Page on the 1st day of February could be an adventure in itself.

Tim, the RD, just partnered with Matt Long to build a bunch of races together. Matt currently puts on the Zion 100 and the Bryce 100.

Occasional Runner

Cool stuff.  You going for the 50 miler I'm assuming?  Getting to Page on the 1st day of February could be an adventure in itself.

My plan is for the 50 miler but I'm a little undecided. If I'm going to drive that far I would like to make the most of it and see as much of the area as I can. Also, I always have regret when I go to an ultra and I'm not running the longest distance available. I feel dejected and remorseful.

Actually typing that out just pushed me off the fence. I'm definitely doing the 50 miler.

Birdwell

VERY interesting.  Also on the site they have some info about a 100m/50m/50k race "in" the Grand Canyon slated for March 14th with no further info....It's great to see Northern AZ getting more ultra options, there's so much beautiful country here.

the race is going to be forest service land bordering the North Rim. I spent some time in the area last year. It will be a lot of ponderosa forest running, with a few sections running right along a road on the edge of the north rim.

I agree with the Northern AZ comment. I spent most summers around Payson and/or Lake Mary at family cabins.

Ultra Cowboy

I am in a lull in regards to running so I don't have any races that I have registered for .

I DNS'ed Way too Cool last March.  I want Revenge.  Maybe.

I do want to do a Ride and Tie event though.  Perhaps a 25 miler at Cache Creek in MAY

WYBMADIITY

Save

I enjoy Tim's podcasts. He and Gary David have a nice relaxed banter that is nice to listen to on a run.

Occasional Runner

I enjoy Tim's podcasts. He and Gary David have a nice relaxed banter that is nice to listen to on a run.

I only met the guy once and it wasn't a great experience. I choose to believe he wasn't himself at the time so I'm reserving further judgment until we meet again.