Trailer Trash

Hi all! And a question! (Read 202 times)

Trail Monster

Hope you don't mind me joining in! MadisonMandy sent me over. I'm running Burning River in July and I'm looking for people to run/train with around western PA or the BR course. I'm also trying to hunt up a crew and pacers. If you're interested and available the weekend of 7/27-28 please let me know. I will reciprocate the crew/pacing duties for your next ultra in return! Thanks!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I'm not close enough sorry.  But your schedule of races looks cool.  When are you going to decide on your OC distance? If I am healthy enough by sign-ups I might consider the 50k or 100k. 

Good Luck!

(and of course we don't mind you joining in)

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Banshee, I may be at Burning River myself next year if Bob! decides to run it again.  So maybe we can meet, but I'll all wrapped up for pacing and crewing duties. 

Now, if RunJunkie ever decides to pop back in here, he lives near the course and is thinking about running it if he doesn't get into WS this weekend.

Running is dumb.

Trail Monster

Thanks all! I want to do the 100M at OC. I did the 100k last year. If I don't feel like Ill be ready for it I may just get my 50k buckle. I hope I'll get to meet you at BR Mandy!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I am in central PA, but could work out a schedule for pacing and perhaps a training run.

I'll make myself familiar with the BR course and details, and let you know.

I'm thinking of running Oil Creek, too!

Run for fun.

NE Ohio here, I live near the BR100 course in the Cuyahoga Valley. I've been involved with the race since the beginning at an aid station, pacing and/or marking the course. I'll answer your questions best I can.

There are a couple spring and summer 50ks and shorter races that you can attend that are on part of the BR course. There is an active Yahoo email group that you can post questions to as well. In June-July, there are organized training runs that cover all of the BR100 - 20-25 miles at a time.

In my opinion, terrain is more technical in PA so if you're ready to run out there you'll have no problems with BR.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I am happy to help with Burning River crewing/pacing questions as well!  It's a great race and crewing/pacing is always a good time -- I highly recommend it if you've never done it before. 

Also, my thinking was along the same lines as root.  The trails in Cuyahoga Valley will be easier than what you're running in PA.

Running is dumb.

LB2

I wish I could help, but I am too far away.

Your schedule looks pretty good leading up to the race, though. Good luck.

LB2

Banshee -- you're always welcome!

Trail Monster

Thanks all! I did course sweep from miles 40-60 this year at BR and then paced a runner from 80-85 so I'm familiar with a quarter of the course and the terrain. I'm just looking for people within a couple hours drive that want to run together on the weekends or would like to crew/pace me in exchange for me crewing/pacing them at some point! 

Ill be making trips to the BR course probably once a month throughout the year to train there and get to know the course parts I haven't seen. I'll also be making trips to the Oil Creek course and probably the Laurel Highlands trail too for some more trail running fun. On weekends I can't travel too far I either run in North Park, South Park, or on the Youghiogheny River Trail. If anyone would like to run with me at any of those places please feel free to let me know when you're available!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Trail Monster

Oh and FTYC, that would be awesome! If you've got any cool trails in Central PA maybe I could make a trip that way some weekend! 

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop