Trailer Trash

Thunder Thursday (Read 19 times)

runtraildc

No run yesterday and no run today. This cold has firmly taken hold and now 3/4ths of the household is sick.  I'll get in some short slow walks with the puppy.  Most of these thunderstorms are just passing us, moving thru to our north. Stay dry, PA folks.

DD no new pup. Mr Jangles still gives me his toothy grin everyday after work but he has retired from running unless following the four wheeler or chasing critter. He still likes playing a game of fetch which always turns into keep away after a couple throws

I was wondering the same, too. Good to hear that Mr Jangles is well. You know us folks, we get attached to pups around here and need regular updates.

qotd: Keeping the kitchen clean. Ours is small for the number of people eating in it.  just start the dishwasher and the sink starts filling up again. ugh.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Daydreamer - Yikes on that head!  Glad you're ok, or perhaps just knocked back to normal? 

dhuffman - Thanks for sharing about using beta blockers yesterday.  Sorry to hear you need to take them, but it's good to know I'm not alone I suppose.  Hope you're feeling better after chiro.

Sandy - Yes, take care of the boys.  That's one area you don't want niggles to get worse!

warden - Good to see you back!  I'll be checking out your trip report soon.

AT - Glad you're staying safe with that crazy weather.  Hope there's no damage to your house, cars, etc.  And I'd never take you as one to watch the Bachelor. 

Sue - Be safe around that mama bear!  Did you take bear spray with you?

runtrail - Sorry to hear the household is sick.  Hope you and everyone else gets well soon.

My high blood pressure is really starting to freak me out, which of course doesn't help to lower the blood pressure.  I never had hypertension before and in my last physical in January, I was told my blood pressure was "perfect".  So I had to look up just how bad it is, and I'm now solidly above Stage 2 Hypertension.   I'm going to have to monitor it on a daily basis, but it's still a mystery how it got so bad so fast.  I have another doctor visit scheduled in less than 2 weeks, so we'll be sure to discuss this.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Gator eye

Bert, do you have a bp cuff to take pressure at home?

My bp is low in the mornings and usually a little high by the end of the day. Its always high at the Doc’s

Sandy-2

Sandy - Yes, take care of the boys.  That's one area you don't want niggles to get worse!

Roger that !!!

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I didn’t take bear spray.....I took a slower runner 

Daydreamer - Yikes on that head!  Glad you're ok, or perhaps just knocked back to normal? 

dhuffman - Thanks for sharing about using beta blockers yesterday.  Sorry to hear you need to take them, but it's good to know I'm not alone I suppose.  Hope you're feeling better after chiro.

warden - Good to see you back!  I'll be checking out your trip report soon.

Sue - Be safe around that mama bear!  Did you take bear spray with you?

runtrail - Sorry to hear the household is sick.  Hope you and everyone else gets well soon.

My high blood pressure is really starting to freak me out, which of course doesn't help to lower the blood pressure.  I never had hypertension before and in my last physical in January, I was told my blood pressure was "perfect".  So I had to look up just how bad it is, and I'm now solidly above Stage 2 Hypertension.   I'm going to have to monitor it on a daily basis, but it's still a mystery how it got so bad so fast.  I have another doctor visit scheduled in less than 2 weeks, so we'll be sure to discuss this.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Bert, do you have a bp cuff to take pressure at home?

My bp is low in the mornings and usually a little high by the end of the day. Its always high at the Doc’s

I think my wife ordered one, but if not I will look into getting one.  Thanks for the feedback.

I didn’t take bear spray.....I took a slower runner 

That works too!  Besides, I never know where on my body to apply bear spray, since bears are not an issue where I am.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

XtremeTaper

I was on a mission to get in a few miles today so radar watched and headed up to the local trail just past 4pm since work calendar was open. I had a major fail on radar reading as it looked like a good window of time when I checked around 3pm but nope. Started off in light rain and finished up in a gully washer. It was sort of fun in a way and a few cracks of thunder (not close) caused me to speed up to tempo for the last mile. I only got in 3.5 miles but better than zero. Now it is dry. Perhaps I will take the Lady back up there in an hour for another mile or two.

QOTD: Folding clothes. Blech.

Berto - Sorry about all the health woes. My BP always reads high on those finger stick contraptions, but when doc measures it with the cuff it's normal range for the most part. When I was in the ER for that weird episode recently it was sky high, 170/100. Yikers. But I was in major anxiety stress mode. Hope things calm down with that and your throat. That choking episode I had, i was told I had esophagitis and acid reflex but I did not have reflex but a few times that I recalled. They put me on some awful meds that I stopped after a month then things started getting better. It was an awful time because eating freaked me out which is just horrible. In all it was 3-4 months after the choking episode before I felt normal.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

moonlightrunner

Busy here today!

DD: Dang! Glad you are ok...you are quite the Mr. FIXIT!. You are always fixing something...sounds like hazardous work.

Dhuff: it is soooooo frustrating to have pain and problems that interfere with life and fun. I hope the chiropractor can get you feeling good again.

Sandy: hope the niggle stays away!  If all you have is a niggle after 69 miles in the heat with excessive puking...you are in the running for the RA Badass Award...if there were such a thing.

Mandy:  I hope the hip does well with the biking. Is this something for which you will need an eventual hip replacement for...I can't remember what the original injury was.

Warden: talk about Badass! Congrats on your finish. I hope you and Tiny E have a nice relaxing walk.

LB: glad you had a nice tempo run.

Gator: the weather in Michigan is so unpredictable. One day I have the heat on, the next my ac. Have the mosquitoes returned to your neck of the woods?

AT: hope the storms let up fir you...I can't fathom a treadmill run ever...let alone in May.

Well, I put this together over the course of several hours, so I likely missed some posts. I will be spending the rest of the evening packing...I have not even made a list.

Qotd: I hate housework of any kind, and I am not known for fastidiousness.  I've tried therapy, hypnosis and self help books. I hate the endless nature of it. I suppose the chore I hate most...putting away laundry.

Berto: sorry about the BP. Nice thing is...there are a lot of medication choices if they decide to put you on something. Mine was up today also when I had my echo...maybe it is something on the air.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Quick run last night, nothing today.  I will stick to every other day for a while.  Looks like we (in the east) should get a couple of decent days and finally some relief from these crazy t-storms.  I think my dog is going crazy from the amount of noise we have had from the storms.  I found her the other night in our master bathroom trembling on the bathmat.  She is usually curled up on our bed.  Poor thing.

From yesterday - yes AT good memory.  It started as mayo vs miracle whip.  Somewhere in the convo mustard was also inserted.  

Warden - good to see you are alive.  I look forward to reading your report.

QOTD: I kinda dislike any cleaning.  But I have to say one of my least favorite things is washing the cars.  I can't really explain it but I hate it.

Have a great night.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Late to the party today. No run, I did not find time between work schedule, weather, and kids' needs. But...I'll have a few days off now, and I think this will translate into a lot of running.

I had eyed at packing up the kids and spend a few days at the beach, but then remembered that I have a lot of - take this - chores to do around the house, and I've always used the excuse that I couldn't do them because I never have two days off in a row, and now this. Three days off. Don't I wish now I could still procrastinate.    Maybe a trip to the beach will help? 

I love the conversations and reports in this forum. You guys crack me up.

QOTD: Too many to mention that I really don't like. Emptying the dishwasher is one of them, so I usually do it at 4 in the morning, before work, and it's done in 3 minutes. Go figure.

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Go to the beach....shit just gets dirty again.

Late to the party today. No run, I did not find time between work schedule, weather, and kids' needs. But...I'll have a few days off now, and I think this will translate into a lot of running.

I had eyed at packing up the kids and spend a few days at the beach, but then remembered that I have a lot of - take this - chores to do around the house, and I've always used the excuse that I couldn't do them because I never have two days off in a row, and now this. Three days off. Don't I wish now I could still procrastinate.    Maybe a trip to the beach will help? 

I love the conversations and reports in this forum. You guys crack me up.

QOTD: Too many to mention that I really don't like. Emptying the dishwasher is one of them, so I usually do it at 4 in the morning, before work, and it's done in 3 minutes. Go figure.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Agree! Go to the beach!

Go to the beach....shit just gets dirty again.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday