Trailer Trash

Terribly Hot Tuesday (Read 38 times)

Snowdenrun

I was going to run today. And then I slept til 10:30. It was wonderful. Smile I'll pick running back up tomorrow.

QOTD: I got a running related injury out of the way fairly quickly. I was almost positive I had a stress fracture in my foot. The culprit was the treadmill combined with new shoes. Since then I've been on a treadmill twice and left those shoes at the gym.

muppy

Got in 21 at blue marsh lake, my longest run so far, I'm just a noob!

QOTD  Probaly TMTS when I started out and ended up with posterior tibial tendinitis. Or today as I'm running along, I say to myself " you know it's been about 2 months since you fell"  and not even 30 seconds later I caught a root, just laughed at myself for that one!

Chnaiur

Dunno what I'll get in today. Somewhere between 4 and 8, I'd guess. This is the week before vacation, so I need to make up for being gone next week. The same will happen the week after I'm back...

QOTD: Too much quality - I was trying to beat my PR during every long and semi-long run. When my achilleses started hurting, I continued with the same scheme for a few months. That cost me 1.5 years of running.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

jonferg67

Endless trails

That's awesome, dude, good for you.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Beautiful there isn't it?

QOTD  Probaly TMTS when I started out and ended up with posterior tibial tendinitis. Or today as I'm running along, I say to myself " you know it's been about 2 months since you fell"  and not even 30 seconds later I caught a root, just laughed at myself for that one!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 12 miles on cool misty trails.  Felt wonderful.  I linked up some trails in a different way, so I was running some trails in opposite my usual direction.  Made it feel like I was running NEW trails.

QOTD:  I always refer to my first 50 miler.  I was getting a lot of information from ULTRA list and one piece of advice I completely ignored was to train for walking.  I was a seasoned marathoner (with a total road mentality), so I didn't listen.  I had more soreness from walking than from running and every time I ended a walking break and tried to run again I felt like my legs were going to seize up.  Now I try to get in a few really long walks during training and I practice running after a walking break.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

Beautiful there isn't it?

It is, I love running by the water. Plus on Tuesday mornings it's just me and the spider webs on the trails!

Sandy-2

Did a 3 mile fast "instant run" this morning.  Nothing special.

My DD is still out front over in Mongolia.  She is riding a courageous race and been out front by herself since about the 30 mile mark.  At one point she was 25 miles ahead of 2nd place, then after going through a bad patch and taking a longer route some of the pack came within about 5 miles of her.  But yesterday she put the hammer back down, did a hundred mile day, and now she's about 20 miles ahead of the chasers.  She is at about mile 240 and she has about 460 to go.  That's a long way to be holding of the pack...  Here's a link.  Her name is Devan (nickname "Texan Temujin").

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151481501091307.1073741828.100732346306&type=1

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

she's about 20 miles ahead of the chasers.  She is at about mile 240 and she has about 460 to go.  That's a long way to be holding of the pack...  Here's a link.  Her name is Devan (nickname "Texan Temujin").

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151481501091307.1073741828.100732346306&type=1

That's awesome.  Site says no female has eve won the race.  How cool to be holding the lead.  Good luck.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

moonlightrunner

Had a really great run with The Pointer. We went to the state park. She ran on leash. She did on except for the mountain bikers . She barked at them..and the trails are so twisty u don't know they are there until they are on top of you. I may not take her there until winter.

The run felt great...it was my longest run to date in my new running life. I am eager to go again soon .

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Uh oh... now what?

My DD is still out front over in Mongolia....

Wowzers... simply incredible, the story, her life experience, oh, and being in the lead.  I was going to mention my run, but it has paled while I looked at the pictures.  There is a 100 km for people over there.  Beautiful pictures... just amazing to think of [her] doing that.

Chnaiur

I didn't manage to do even a long-ish run, so I went to Kezar stadium and did 3000m for time. That was very refreshing, even though it is clear that I don't have any speed left in my legs at all. Could that have something to do with my last visit to the track being on October 19, 2011?

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k