Trailer Trash

Memorial Monday (Read 14 times)

LB2

I ran this morning, a short loop. This was day 99 of my streak, the longest on record.

QOTD: What is the longest consecutive streak you have had?

99 days so far.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Just got back from an interval workout, 8 x 400m in the sun around a parking lot.  Trudged home for a cool down and 7.4 miles

QOTD:  Longest was 151 days back in the day (mid '70s) and totaled somewhere around 1600 miles.  Most recent was 117 days last year (796.4 miles), and current is 45 days (294.2 miles)

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Happy Memorial Day, hope you can still have BBQs. We’re just throwing burgers on the grill now that the sun is out.

Earlier I had the alarm set to run early this morning, but the old clock radio music was accompanied by lots of lightening and thunder, so I just went back to sleep.  Eventually I got up and the storms passed, so I got out for 13 miles.  Felt pretty good actually.  It was a speck cooler but of course pretty wet out.  Saw some deer, figured they were still out due to the storm too.

qotd: This morning was my 7th day in a row and I guess that ties for my longest streak.  I like my rest days too much.  BTW, I’ve also run 87 miles in these last 7 days, which is also a “training week” record for me if I don’t count weeks where I did a hondo.

tbd.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got out for a nice 15 on the trails this morning.  Spring wild flowers are still out.  Parts of the trail starting to get overgrown.  Can't complain though.

The fam and I went miniature golfing this afternoon.  That was out family outing.  DW and I wanted either a hike or a bike ride but the kids were not having it.  It was fun...kind of.

Sandy - that's a nice week.  You got me beat.  I have run 76.5 the last 7 days.  I add in some walking miles for GVRAT so I am over 300 for the RAT.

QOTD: A few years back I ran all year plus a couple days so 367 days.  My mileage overall was low though - 1245 miles.  If I continue the way I am now I will have that mileage between May 1 and Aug 31.

Have a great week!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Rest day from running but I went for a walk.  Left and returned early to avoid the Memorial Day weekend warriors.  

Gloriously sunny and warm.  I did yard work and laundry today.  Such an exciting day.  

QOTD: I don't do running streaks.  Like Sandy, I like (need?) rest days too much.  If we're including walking, the month of May and last few days of April have been the longest streak that I've done, looks like 4/25 through today.

12-hour virtual event next Saturday.  Goal is at least 40.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

AT-runner

Tim

Did 5 easy miles today since Monday is my usual SRD.  Legs felt a bit stale, so probably should have rested.

Went to friends house for a socially distanced beer or 2.  Had an nice Double IPA and as I was sipping #2 I read the label 9.7% ABV.   DW was drinking some vodka drink, so luckily only 3 miles to get back home. I don;t usually get surprised by the ABV, but this one tasted like a 5% beer and then BAM it kicked in.  It was the Troegs Double IPA for you PA trailers.

Hope Warden is doing well with the Bob Marshall. He didn't give us a tracker for this year.

Queen - did you run with Rose and Erin?  Say HI from Mark, Carolyn, Jess and I (that's who we had drinks with).

QOTD: I'm at 25 days now and that might be a record. I'm a fan of rest days and since I used to do triathlons, I used to mix up biking, running and swimming and never did any one more than 3 days in a row, so never a streaker.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Walked the beach for 6... hip feels good but decided to not run today.  Tim I ran yesterday with Erin and Jennah.  No pain but little tightness.  Plan to run tomorrow with Jennah.

Qitd:  Running is 8 days...also like my rest days.  But now that I am tracking walks I am on day 16.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄