Trailer Trash

TGITuesdaily (Read 20 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

don’t hate, today is my Friday 

a nice 4 mile hike with Tiny Elvis yesterday- active recovery is where it’s at, much less sore after the hike

something similar this evening

qotd: who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl? Prediction?

I’m rooting for Kansas (that’s a long drought for them); but clearly they are underdogs- San Fran looks almost unbeatable

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I stand corrected, Kansas is a 1 point favorite!

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

Knee is a bit sore today...so I am resting and icing.

Warden: glad you are feeling less sore after your great adventure...so...are you going to get different poles to replace the broken one?

Qotd: I would like to see KC win. I am going to make some snacks for my parents and watch it...well...be in the same room anyway. My attention span for football is pretty short.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm going snowboarding tonight.  All of my gear is so old now that I'm calling it vintage.  Wink

QOTD:  I guess go Kansas City?  I'm on the anybody but SF train.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Warden: glad you are feeling less sore after your great adventure...so...are you going to get different poles to replace the broken one?

Three years ago I broke a aluminum z pole on the Bob during a tough stream ford, I replaced that pair with their Alpine z poles- thicker aluminum and evidently made for more winter type activities. Well this pole broke in the exact same spot, so obviously a weak point. What makes it worse yet, is that unlike other breaks- where this one breaks you can’t field repair it

So I’m giving up on z poles for off trail and winter stuff- going try a pair of their two piece, heavier poles.

I do have a pair of their original carbon z poles that are great and never have given me any trouble, but are reserved for running/hiking on trails.

I wouldn’t be surprised that at some point they give up on the heavier z poles as I’m sure I can’t be the only one that has had issues

Mandy- does snowboarding bother your hip any?

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy- does snowboarding bother your hip any?

Yes, I'll pay for the fun tonight and be in pain tomorrow.  But I don't think it's the actual boarding that does it, but moreso the scooting around with one leg strapped in that's the problem.  Of course I ride with my non-surgery leg firmly strapped down, so my poor surgery hip is doing a lot of weird twisting and work between runs.

Running is dumb.

Gator eye

It was a cold recovery 6 this morning. Mr Jangles went with me just to keep my pace at a honest recovery level.

Mandy- they had climbing on espn last weekend. The strength needed for those climbs was just amazing. Then they had mens speed climbing which was way cool. Wish I was 25 years younger, I’ld love to try it

QOTD: I’m rooting for both teams to match my board numbers!

Sandy-2

I plan to run 4 or 5 after work today.  I guess I'm still recovering, everything feels ok except I've been having a few little twinges in my bad hip.

Since I didn't make time to mention it over the weekend (too busy visiting), I took a spill when I was running on the trail last Friday morning.  It was a little chilly and my eyes were watering, going a little too fast down hill and hit a small root. Maybe my legs were a little stale from the prior weekend too.  First fall in a few years.  Anyway, I took a few strides trying to fight it, but in the end there were more roots and I hit another one and down I went. I chose to lean and go down towards the uphill side, so my right side took the brunt; knee, hip (the bad one), palm and shoulder.  Just some little scrapes and bruises on my palm and shoulder where I ended banging into a big tree.  Funny thing, I had gloves on and when I rolled and got back up my right glove was off.  No idea how that happened.  I stood there and brushed myself off, took a few steps and figured that I was more-or-less ok, so I slowly started running again, of course a little more cautiously, it only hurt my pride a little bit.  Everything is better now and I can only feel a little shoulder pain if I push on the slight bruise that's fading. I guess I'll live.

qotd: We'll be pulling for the Chiefs, but the 49ers are ok, so either is fine.  It'll be fun to watch the young KC high flying offence against the traditional 49er run offense.

tbd.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy- they had climbing on espn last weekend. The strength needed for those climbs was just amazing. Then they had mens speed climbing which was way cool. Wish I was 25 years younger, I’ld love to try it

Heh, well, I'm not doing anything even closely related to what you see on TV.  Smile  If you have a climbing gym nearby, go check it out!  They should have plenty of stuff for beginners, even the old ones. 

Running is dumb.

Ultra Cowboy

I'm rooting for the 49ers because if they lose everyone around me is going to be miserable to deal with.

Gotta see what my numbers are in the pool to know how much fun the game will be

WYBMADIITY

Save

LB2

Nothing today. It was raining; they messed up my paycheck; I have major language barriers with the people coming to pick up two lathes that were sold at state auction. The rain will eventually stop; the pay will get corrected; the lathes will be gone. But I had to get an early start to get those things done. And oddly, I don't mind that all that stuff happened today. I am surprisingly calm.

QOTD: I hope KC wins. But if they don't, that is okay, too.

LB2