Trailer Trash

The Bryce 100k (Read 37 times)

elbee

Birdwell, you've just inspired me to share my race report here. So for what it's worth ...

http://coffeemoneyrunning.blogspot.com/2013/06/bryce-100k.html

Birdwell

Elbee,

Thanks for the report. I saw it somewhere else too (maybe facebook, who knows)

I will say, when you got up and left proctor, you looked like a woman with a mission!!

I don't think anyone at the aid station had any doubt you'd finish.

Great job.

Chnaiur

Thanks a lot for sharing. I realize this is proof I'm insane, but I really found that report inspiring! I can relate so much to the altitude headaches and hallucinations - it felt I was there with you!

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Thanks for sharing,  I really enjoyed reading about your journey.  I have to say you certainly stuck it out under situations that didn't sound fun.  Similar to chnaiur, I am inspired by the way you did not quit unlike some that did simply because they thought they could not win.  This is why I love this sport.  And the people who helped you along the way - simply awesome.  Your buddy Jen was a trooper.  Kudos to her.

Love the pictures.  I really need to make it out west to run some of those beautiful trails.

Again - thanks for sharing.  And please post more about your future adventures.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Wow.  What a never quit attitude. Love it.  Thanks for sharing.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Wandering Wally

Great stuff!  Thank you for sharing.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

elbee

Thanks, you all. I really did think that the race might be turning around for me up until we got to the half way point. Things just deteriorated badly and quickly from there. The dropping temperature probably played a role in that too. I have no idea now I managed to keep going beyond all common sense.

Uh oh... now what?

We have been through the Bryce region several times, but you just took me on

a totally different journey.  Congratulations and thank you.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Congratulations ! it is an amazing report thanks for posting it

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Wow, I learned a lot from that race report (like don't mess with altitude).  Thanks for sharing...I'll be sure to remember your story when I'm thinking about dropping.  Congrats 100k FINISHER.

**Ask me about streaking**