Trailer Trash

Tangled Tuesday (Read 22 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

he ran the entire race in a shark outfit?  for a short, fun race have at it, but agree that a 100 mile race is so hard on many levels, some dickhead in a shark suit would have pissed me off as well

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Jamie- I do like the new BD Spot- 300 lumens (on high), highly weather resistant and reasonably priced

I always run my lamps with lithium batteries- last longer, work much better in the cold and they are roughly 30% lighter (but cost more)

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I’m trying to get back into some healthy routines so I’m hoping to be around a bit more.

Hi Birdwell. 

Running is dumb.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Queen of Nothing

Sue

A little jiggly jog this am...3.27777777777777777777777 with the mutts and me.  Jackie was dragging!!!  It's hard being a fat boy in the running world!

QOTD:  Yes...races too...lot's of jell packages. Like SLaR said I hate them as it is a bad representation of trail folks.   Depends on how big and if I have a pack.  Thought about rolling a tire to the road today so that the clean up might take it.

QOTD2:  I've seen that too Jamie but the worst is shit rags and used tampons! 

AT:  Loved you joke about Berto yesterday.    Haven't read his race report yet but hoping the boys held up this time.  WOW 200 for the month!!! Sounds like you are back!

SIaR:  WOW great job on your race!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I don't get the customs or the tutus...but guessing it gets other folks to cheer them on.  I could not imagine running in that thing!!!  I have to be comfortable!  Shit maybe he took it off after 20 miles.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

And it's not even a good costume!!!! How can he run with that over his eyes???

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Now I feel kinda guilty for shaming the poor guy. It's interesting to see how he's holding the costume in his hand in that pic...when I passed him he was just letting it hang down. I think that pic is about 30 miles in, and he looks a little ragged already. I looked up his results and saw he dropped about 70 miles in - probably would have suited him to drop the costume and just try to run.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Daydreamer1

25.1 miles on the bike with DW.  Now it's off to the slave galley for a short 8 hour shift. They tell me I supposed to be in charge .

Bird- Welcome back.

QOTD:  Yea, especially the beer cans and plastic bottles. Don't see many gel packets on my trails.

QOTD2:  Somebody crapped their shorts at a parking area. Used to see a lot of used condoms in the one area. Really wanted to tell the lady of the evening to make sure her customers cleaned up after themselves, but never saw her when she wasn't "working".

LB2

LB2 – any banana spiders? Those are the best.

Not yet.

LB2

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Now I feel kinda guilty for shaming the poor guy. It's interesting to see how he's holding the costume in his hand in that pic...when I passed him he was just letting it hang down. I think that pic is about 30 miles in, and he looks a little ragged already. I looked up his results and saw he dropped about 70 miles in - probably would have suited him to drop the costume and just try to run.

Nah, don't feel bad at all.  At least he wasn't holding you up or anything, then I'd be really pissed.  Also, serves him right to drop.  Of course, he could have tried something really stupid like drink 10 beers. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

AT-runner

Tim

Hi Mandy.  

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

AT-runner

Tim

he ran the entire race in a shark outfit?  for a short, fun race have at it, but agree that a 100 mile race is so hard on many levels, some dickhead in a shark suit would have pissed me off as well

It was Shark Week, so maybe he works for the Discovery Chanel.

I got passed by a guy wearing a Dorothy costume in a trail marathon. He runs with a basket and a stuffed Toto in it as well. He runs a lot of Pretzel City Races. I was having a bad spell, and it did piss me off a bit as in "like really, even Dorothy's passing me".

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I don't get the customs or the tutus...but guessing it gets other folks to cheer them on.  I could not imagine running in that thing!!!  I have to be comfortable!  Shit maybe he took it off after 20 miles.

Multi-time Badwater and Western States finisher

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

Multi-time Badwater and Western States finisher

Kieth Straw is also one of the best marathon pacers around. He didn't wear the Tutu at Sole Challenge last year, but still won the 24hr.