Trailer Trash

Timid Tuesday (Read 36 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

34th wedding anniversary this weekend. We'll be spending the weekend in Munising, Mi. doing the tourist stuff. If I'm lucky I'll sneak out for some trail running at the Pictured rocks. I hope.

I thought that statement was heading so somewhere else.  Happy Anniversary Northern and wife.  I hope you get lucky.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

Resting today. I had a really good half marathon yesterday on the trails. It was the same course I ran a race on last year. I shaved 32 minutes off that race time. I have thought about what went wrong on race day last year even though I did win the age group (I think there was only one other guy in it...). Anyway, here is what I came up with for my slow time last year: It was hot; I did stop and drink vodka and pose for pictures and talk at an aid station; I did take two nasty falls (I didn't think I drank that much vodka). Oh well, I guess I should have changed my race strategy. Yesterday, I just approached it as a race, but the pace felt easy. I practiced walking the steep hills, which are numerous believe it or not.

QOTD: I just started running to lose a few pounds. But a friend from PA, kept talking about trail running. Once I started running on trails, it was no way I was going back to the road. Over the years, I have learned a great deal from some very experienced trail runners, but most of what I have learned are things that I discovered by running.

LB2

DigDug2

Resting today. I had a really good half marathon yesterday on the trails. It was the same course I ran a race on last year. I shaved 32 minutes off that race time.

LB2 - Nicely done!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

a short 3 mile recovery run, my legs appear to be paying the price for an almost mid-pack finish Big grin

qotd: we started a quarterly fitness testing for our guys a couple of years ago, had always strength trained, but thought I hated to run- well low and behold, the running soon became very fun (I'm sure running trails was a large part of that) and that was that

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

6.1 miles today was day 8 of a short streak I have going. Learned this morning that my race this Sunday has been postponed because of the government shutdown - the Towpath 10K. Obviously the marathon and HM were also postponed. I'll be going to Ohio anyway and hope to run some trails in the other parks.

QOTD - I followed my brother in HS running track and xc, but it was Herb Elliott that inspired me. The second time around it was my unfulfilled HS goals that pushed me.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

moonlightrunner

Killing time at a Culvers in RichlanCokenter Wi. Have to stay up in this region for another half hour in case there is a pickup at one of the usual spots near hear. Hey, if they want to pay me to sit on my butt drinking diet pepsi, what do I care!

Did a somewhat fast paced roadie this morning. Felt great, I have really started to turn things for the better. If I get home with a little light yet maybe some biking and then a workout in the man cave to cap off the day. Again we are in an incredible weather pattern. I love fall. Cool

34th wedding anniversary this weekend. We'll be spending the weekend in Munising, Mi. doing the tourist stuff. If I'm lucky I'll sneak out for some trail running at the Pictured rocks. I hope.

QOTD--Like most other things I am self-taught and self motivated. Can't think of any light bulb moment or any person that lit the fire. It sure has enriched my life I think.

You are at Culvers and drinking a diet coke? With a million kind of ice cream so close to you? I would be digging out my lactaid...then dig into something tasty!

Congrats to you and your wife! Have a great time...Munising is so nice. I hope you get a beautiful run in there.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Uh oh... now what?

It was worth waiting. The waxing crescent of the new moon directly above Venus and

just enough light to get back to the car. We wanted to stay; a clear sky for sunset

and another night of evening's beauty.

QOTD: This running, the longer stuff, was partly started by the women of the first

Olympic Marathon trials--that might be in a book somewhere. As time passed more

and more people inspired me to keep plodding along.  The other running, the shorter

stuff with hurdles or without, is mostly looked back upon wishing I had been able

to listen.