Trailer Trash

Taxing Tuesday!!! (Read 9 times)

LB2

I ran 2.5 miles this morning. It was pleasant and easy, not fast or slow, just good. After that, I did my taxes. After a few minutes, I was wishing I would have opted out of the advanced child tax credit. But I got it done.

QOTD: Do you do your own taxes?

Yes.

LB2

dhuffman63

Trails

qotd: No, I use the CPA firm I used to work at as I trust them to prepare my farm taxes properly.

LB, I think a lot of people who opted in will be surprised at the effect that will have on their taxes.

Sandy-2

Something “released” in my ribs yesterday and they feel better today, not gone but it does feel considerably better today than the slow progress over the last week.  Fingers crossed.

Im going to do some walking and stairs at the gym this afternoon, I’ll try not to overdo it. 

qotd: I do our taxes because they are pretty simple. I did them over the weekend as well, we owe $55 bucks this year.

tbd.

LB2

qotd: No, I use the CPA firm I used to work at as I trust them to prepare my farm taxes properly.

LB, I think a lot of people who opted in will be surprised at the effect that will have on their taxes.

Fortunately, I have every penny of that money they sent. But prior to last year, I had the maximum amount held out for taxes. Last year, I decided to get my withholdings correct. I knew I would get substantially less back this year, maybe even owed a little bit. I ended up getting $602 back.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

-8 F here this morning with 15 mph winds makes it minus a bunch!    sooooo plan is to strength train and then get 3-4 miles on the dreadmill

5 miles on the dreadmill yesterday- actually a decent workout as half of it was at max incline (15 on the treadmills at the gym)

qotd: last year we used a CPA as we had some capital gains to deal with, back to turbo tax this year 

one more pic from my snowshoe trip

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Off to a good start this week with back to back long runs.  Time to ease off and recover.

QOTD:  I've always done my own taxes.  I also spent 10 years as a professional tax preparer after I was eased out of IT during a corporate purge.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.