Trailer Trash

Rocky Saturdaily (Read 39 times)

Sandy-2

Today is the Rocky Raccoon 100 mile down here in TX.  I'm not running it.  Instead I'll be at the DamNation aid station all day and night. I may pace someone for a loop (20 miles), but if so it will be around midnight tonight.

qotd: do you ever work an aid station at a run?

I have been at DamNation for about 4 years now. Great group of folks, some of you my know jlynnbob, he's the "captain" but I think he was promoted to "king" this year.

tbd.

Occasional Runner

Have fun Sandy! I'm eager to see how Nathan Jones does. I'll be checking in on occasion to see how things are shaking out.

I'm working an aid station at a local race this morning with our running group. When we're done with that, we're all going for a trail run of some undetermined distance.

QOTD: Every chance I get.

We had a nice 4 mile trail run. I forgot my spikes so the pace was slightly slower than yesterday, but still pretty good.

QOTD: No, I never have.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Have fun today, Sandy!  It's snowing here and I am undecided on if it I will hit a trail on snowshoes or take my chances that people clear their sidewalks in a timely manner.  One month till surgery.  *gulp*

QOTD: Yep!  It's hard work, but lots of fun.

Running is dumb.

muppy

Plan  on 5 miles after work and it's a heat wave, supposed to be in the low 40's!

QOTD There's a fat ass 50k next month that I'm helping out at, so guess i'll be at an aid station them.

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I had a beautiful long run on the AT today.  Still snow covered but 38 degrees at the start with plenty of sun.  The only problem was all the frozen footprints were from hikers so the spacing was off for running.  With the warmer weather the edges of the prints were caving in, so we had to really watch our footing.

QOTD:  Yes, and it's very different from the other side of the table.

Have fun and good luck, Sandy.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

16.7 today:

0.7 with Weston, then 4.9 at Mercer park with five HATRs, around the blue trail. 28*F to start. Brad led us bushwacking to the trail head, to which you would normally run along the road for a half mile. All the ankle-deep mud was frozen solid though, so it was pretty easy to get to the trail head. Trails were covered by week old skied-upon snow, uneven and crunchy. I showed Brad the new trail I discovered two weeks ago.

After the group run, went out for another 11.1.  Took the trail I showed Brad, and then went to the south side of the lake, taking the scenic route to the dam.  Kept crossing paths with the same group of three bikers, must have met/saw them at least 6 or seven times. averaged 14:40 pace, pretty steadily.  Was 45*F by the time I finished.  Even though I had wool socks, I did get a few hot spots from my new shoes (North Face Hayasa II), but otherwise they were good, light with a knobby tread that gripped the snow pretty well.  Hopefully they will break in a bit more before the 50k.

QOTD:  I am ashamed to say I have not manned an aid station.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Afternoon,

I'm timeless. As in, I've been up all night because I had to bring DH to the hospital with a torn muscle in his groin, which caused bleeding (he's on bloodthinners), so he had to get medication and is being monitored. In the morning, I went to work, and now I'm playing with the kids in between the household-chores catch-up game.

Sadly, it's a wonderful day outside, and I am still hoping to get a run in later, but chances are low.

Sandy, hope you have fun and get to pace a lone runner over the hills.

QOTD: Yes, at the local 50M ultra every year (except when I run it). I love it every time, and it's a great learning experience.

Run for fun.

Ultra Cowboy

Got a Tempo run in last night for 4.5.  Gotta work on my starting pace being a little more mellow, before I kick it up in the middle..

QOTD:

I've worked Run mile 2/11 on the Vineman half Ironman a couple of years.

I took my daughters a couple of years and they enjoyed the experience.

WYBMADIITY

Save

sugnim

Howdy all.  I got a good 10 miles in this morning breaking trail with snow at mid-calf level.  There were no other runners out as the local Freezer Burn race was this morning.  Being on the baby budget, I was on my own for running today.  But, it was a beautiful morning!

QOTD:  Yes.  I always have music pumping and gummy worms at the aid stations I work (and anti-chafe balm).  It's a lot of fun to cheer everyone on!

jonferg67

Endless trails

Afternoon trailers,

Well, today my running took a 180 from 3 days ago. Last Saturday I finished

my run with blisters on each foot and my right foot completely numb. Then

Sunday I tweaked my back and couldn't bend over. I had one short run during

the week and foot still got numb. I started seeing a chiro and got adjusted

Thurs. By this morning I planned to run but was not optimistic about getting

anything more than a few miles, with a numb foot. I went out gingerly and before

I knew it I had finished a 7 mile loop, I felt so good I went out for another 7. I

couldn't believe it! No numbness whatsoever in my foot, and back felt fine.

No offense to any doctors on our forum, but I know full well if I had seen my GP

he would have prescribed pain meds and referred me to a podiatrist and they

would have put me in orthotics. I could see myself hooked on pain meds, with

quality orthotics and not even addressing the real issue.

QOTD: I started volunteering in CA at races, I helped with loading supplies for

the aid stations and runner check-in. I hadn't graduated to aid station help, then

we moved.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Evening all,

I will run today after I do laundry as I am out of running clothes that are weather appropriate and aren't horribly sweated up already.  I'm thinking 8 ish miles...this will end up being a light week for me.

QOTD: I volunteered at the "3 Days At the Fair" aid station last year with my fiance.  We worked an 8 hour shift from 11pm-7am.  I had fun manning the grill and trying to keep everyone in good spirits however I could.  We were pretty much on our own with about 20 runners (it was on day 1...so 3-day people who weren't sleeping only).  I'd do it again.

**Ask me about streaking**

TripleBock

John Dick 50k - 3-4 inches of fresh powder - I was slick and slow.  I took time to warm up, change clothes once and eat real food at shelter / aide station.  I was not worried about time.  It is a 5 loop race, I do go harder the last 2 loops, mainly because I was ready to be done and have a beer.  Finished 6:26 in the lower 50 percentile - Considering how out of shape I am in, this was good.

QOTD:  A few times for at trail races and 24 hour races.  Last time was at the T-Bunk in November, I got there Friday night and stayed until Sunday morning.  Helped where I could, main duty was for @ 12 hours at this "9 mile Loop" race aide station.  The moved it outside to cater to faster 50k / 50 mile runners.  Moved it back in after that for the remaining 100-150-200 mile racers.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock