Trailer Trash

Last weekend of the year weekender (Read 19 times)

Not to be confused with the last weekend of the decade.  See WC's post from the other day. 

QOTD: Any goals/plans/accomplishments that you are trying to wrap up in the last four days of the year?

As for me, I'm just trying to survive the holiday death march.    Dinner and dancing last night, holiday party tonight, two nights off and then NYE.  Proper pacing is the key...

Not too concerned about mileage goals.  I never set any.  I'm over 2200 now, which is a PR for me by a few hundred miles.  Will go out and do a few more between now and the end of the year but I'm not aiming for any particular number.

Speaking of which, those miles aren't going to run themselves.  I should really get off the couch.  It's beautiful day here.  Hopefully it is for you too.

MTA: QOTD2: Anyone else watching bowl games today?  ND plays at 9 am.  But I think running will win out over bowl-ing.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

NorthernHarrier

Day off from running as I did a fairly intense tempo run yesterday and the hope is for a 19-20 miler tomorrow. Hopefully by tomorrow afternoon our weather will allow it. So just finished up some stretching, core, and weights and call it good enough for today. I'm just gonna be a slug around the house today, maybe clean things up and organize, etc.

QOTD--All is good. My only real goal is to stay healthy and upright so I made it.   Never set mileage goals since I try to keep my focus on the quality and what I'm actually doing with the miles like speed, tempo, hills, technical, and trying to run in interesting places. All that said I'll come in a little over 1700 for the year. Pretty much average for me.

QOTD 2--Well the Badgers play in the Rose bowl so that's really all I care about, er well sorry XT but I badly want to see Ohio St. get crushed also. Oh, and there are just waaaay too many worthless bowl games with really mediocre teams.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Started my long run this morning too late to get back in time for the start of the bowl games.  Turned on the Cotton Bowl to watch Penn State when I got back while I ate lunch.  Halftime now.

qotd: Pretty much have all my goals for 2019 wrapped up.  Way ahead of my 1825 miles goal (5 mile per day) and should pass 2100 miles tomorrow or Monday.

qotd 2: I think the bowl games have gotten out of hand and apparently you don't even need a .500 record to get into one.  Then the playoffs have upset the whole bowl situation with the Cotton Bowl, one of what used to be one of the traditional big four New Year's Day bowl games, is scheduled for today.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

dhuffman63

Trails

Been sick since Christmas Eve, finally feeling halfway decent but will wait one more day to get back at it as the cough I've had leaves me gasping for breathe and I'm afraid I'll fall off the TM.  Year ending not much better than it began...lol.  Still breathing so that's a plus.And taking off this week means my back isn't hurting right now.

Happy New Decade 

Sandy-2

Did 15 mi this morning.  Really humid and foggy. Ran easy with a friend so it felt very easy.  I haven’t run with anyone around here for a while, seems like my little running group is falling apart lately.

qotd 1: since I took the x-mas tree to recycling today I think I’m good.

qotd 2: Watched Penn State win earlier, still looking for any defense on either side. Now watching LSU.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

back home and we have the grandkids for 3-4 days Smile

my grandson, Tiny Elvis and I got in 4 miles- good thing DW's microspikes fit my grandson- trails were precariously icy!

qotd: I had a goal of 2000 miles, will end up with 1800-ish which is just fine with me

qotd2: I'm watching LSU OK now, will watch Clemson Ohio St after, like NH rooting against Ohio St

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

An easy albeit slow 10 this morning,  There was a nice sunrise over a low lying fog.

AT: Your post about Montour made me go look at it.  I did not know they changed the course location and went to a 4 mile loop.  Interesting.  Doesn't fit my schedule but I look forward to hearing about it.  Maybe next year.  It's a nice affordable 24 hour race.

QOTD1 & 2: Nah...

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I’m in SoCal visiting DH family so over eating everywhere I go and washing it down with glasses of wine.  Can’t remember my last run.  But dressed and ready to go for 6ish this morning.

Qotd:  just to make it.....to the end....

qotd2:  no....might be going go a movie later

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

I’m in SoCal visiting DH family so over eating everywhere I go and washing it down with glasses of wine.  Can’t remember my last run.  But dressed and ready to go for 6ish this morning.

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

17 miles yesterday, 6.4 this morning ahead of the rain.

QOTD1: Going to put away the Christmas stuff before the end of the year.  Yeah, I know the three kings haven't even arrived yet but I like starting out the year with a clean house.

QOTD2: Clemson/OSU was at least entertaining, other games, not so much.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

Slept in because it was pouring down rain at 5am this morning. Once the rain slowed to a normal drizzle I headed out and did 14 mi.  I was pretty tired, yesterday felt so easy but today was a pain in the ass. Grrrrr.

tbd.