Trailer Trash

Tropical Tuesday (Read 16 times)

runtraildc

Got in a short swim practice wog in this morning with Chowder. Lots of deer and we did see a fox. A little muggy for the temps and some fog moved in while we were waiting for DS. We are expecting high 70s for much of this week. Good gardening weather but I have indoor house projects that need to get done.

qotd: Eat anything terrible lately? 'Terrible' is up to you to define, but in my case, it means unhealthy as in strawberry pop-tarts. I got some last week for DS, who has dropped a lot of weight recently due to pandemic anxiety and needs the calories. They were good, but another decade can go by before I have another.

LB2

I got a 3 mile loop this morning with a headlamp. I have a busy week, spent the day in Baton Rouge yesterday, and I have at least one face to face meeting at 9 this morning. I am not going to kill myself trying to get higher mileage this week. If I get 25, I get 25. If I can get 35, I'll get 35. I just want to get what I can right now.

QOTD: I haven't eat anything super terrible lately, but the last time I ate a pop tart was horrible. I literally felt like crap the rest of the day. I think that was during the spring. I checked them off my hunting/hiking snack list after that.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

8+ this morning with some more hopefully coming at lunch. Thinking of Bert all week.

QOTD: Well shoot! I am eating a pop tart right now.  I always need the calories so I got to do what I got to do. I can't really say if I have eaten anything terrible. I have irritable bowel syndrome (sorry TMI) and certain foods just don't sit well with me. But it's not always the same foods. Last night was rough for example. I felt terrible. But I don't know what it was that set me off.  But I live another day to figure that out...

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NorthernHarrier

Anything but tropical here--24F as I post this. We are expecting a decent snowstorm this aft and evening though it should be melting right away.

runtrail- since DD now lives in Va. she sends us her weather forecasts now and it does look pretty sweet for you guys. Enjoy.

Still drinking coffee in front of the wood stove but thinking I should hit the trails shortly for some intervals. In the past week twice I ran into what could have been a wolf but may have been a large coyote. Different trails about 10 miles apart. The markings and coloration was more like a wolf in both cases but the behavior was more like a coyote. Didn't get to see either for a long clear look so who knows.

QOTD--Pop-tarts are being maligned.  They're awesome. Always a part of my canoe trip food pack. Since I only eat them on those trips they are a real treat.

DW has been making some strange concoctions where she has been mixing in some items I don't care for. The paradox--she'll ask how I like it and if I say it's disgusting she'll hate me for the day but if I say I like it she'll make it again. What to do?? Last night I said I would just make hot dogs from now on and you can imagine how that went over. 

XtremeTaper

Good run last night. Took another 3 minutes off my standard out/back hilly route at Coventry Woods. That was quite a jump from my time last week. I did not feel like I pushed too hard either. Took a sliding spill and developed a case of trail rash but I will take it for a good run. Burned so good. Had fun crushing a mountain biker on the last little climb. She was coming up the hill from in direction while I was cruising onto the same trail from another. It was not to steep, this hill, and I kept cruising actually accelerating some. I'd glance back and see her falling back but she gained a few times. I could hear her huffing and puffing but she could not talk to my replies to ask if she wanted to go by. Ha, at the top of the hill I stopped so she could pet Baker and go by. Fun stuff.

Today, run after work with Baker on the lake trails. Wogged about as usual this morning. Grey, foggy, and mild.

QOTD: My wife bought some chocolate chips for cookies. I opened the bag last night and scarfed some down. Not bad mind you, they tasted good, just not the optimal snack I suppose. Of course they were not wrapped around a butter/flour/sugar concoction like last week so there is that.

LB2 - You must be eating pop tarts incorrectly. You nibble off the sides, and save the frosted filling part for last.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles with Tiny Elvis yesterday on very slushy trails- think 3-5” of slush!!! 

Will get out after work for a few miles; going to pick a more popular trail where there might be less slush.

I think I’m going to the Elkhorns snowshoeing Thursday/Friday to test a new tent and new sleeping bag- lows are forecast around 0, told DW and she just rolled her eyes 

qotd: not really terrible, but last week’s hunt I brought a bag of Fritos and a couple of Snicker bars- these are just standard trail fare for me- it’s all about calories. I never eat candy (or Fritos) at home, on the trail they rock!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Uuugh, still busy.  I actually went in to the office last week.  It was deserted and I was the only one on the whole floor.  Although I have a corner office, most of the floor is open floorplan and usually has about 70 people.  It was strange.  A few days later I found out that two people who also went into the office tested positive for COVID.  Fortunately they were in the office a few days after me, and probably on a different floor (we have 10 floors) so I'm good.

I ran yesterday morning in pea soup fog again, it was a very slow and sluggish run after the weekend runs, did 6 mi.  Then this morning I did 11 mi, conditions were slightly better but could still see the light beam from the handheld in the mist. I was soaked in sweat like usual though.

qotd: I only eat strawberry pop tarts when I'm crewing for my DD at horse races.  All her races have been canceled lately so no pop tarts for me for a while.  I can't think of anything really terrible lately, and refuse to place ice cream in that category.

tbd.

Gator eye

No run. In the middle of the post race blues. I really stunk up the course at the 24 hour race, I think I made 64 miles before I just didn’t feel like moving anymore and my bed was half hour away so it was just to easy to say screw it I’m going home. So that’s what I did, no real reason just quit. Oh well.

qoTd: can’t say I ve ever met a food I didn’t like. That’s the real reason I run cause I love to eat. And drink. Then eat again. You see the pattern here?

qOtd yesterday. Just purchased (ok I m borrowing it from the bank) a 2020 Ford pickup, my old pick up just hit 300,000 and didn’t feel comfortable taking longer road trips in it anymore

LB2

LB2 - You must be eating pop tarts incorrectly. You nibble off the sides, and save the frosted filling part for last.

LOL. You may be right. One of the things that really gets me about pop tarts is that I can never find the strawberry pop tarts with just regular icing on them. They all have some sort of sparkles. I guess someone, somewhere thought it would be a good idea to add even more sugar to them. My kids tend to like some weird pop tarts, like S'mores flavored or something. I just shake my head and wonder what the world is coming to.

LB2