Trailer Trash

The Wednesdaily (Read 33 times)

Chnaiur

I'm looking at maps, trying to find a place where I can run for three hours after sunset without getting arrested or fined. The time change really sucks...

FS87: glad your dog got out

QoN: Sorry about the promotion, but I agree pie makes you an overall winner

QOTD:

When my Achilles soreness had increased to a point where I would call it pain, I already had a raging inflammation and permanent scarring in the tendon. I really try to take be more mindful now, but I'm not very successful at it.

Running with a taped foot last night, I realized that my form was unusually good. That of course means that I had been compensating without noticing...

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

moonlightrunner

Free soul: what a scary thing! Poor Rocky! So glad you were able to get hiim out. Isn't it amazing the strength we have when a loved one is on peril? Picking a big, wet, panicked dog up and out of the water is no small feat!

Queen: so sorry about the promo...but good work on the pie. It has always. been one of my favorite breakfasts.

Thanks for advice on the injury thing. I have attempted training for a marathon in years past and came up with a persistent injury that derailed my plans. I have gotten MUCH further than ever into my training....I don't want to svrew it up...I have just a month to go.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Normally he would follow but I think he was just so exhausted from the run and the bank was so muddy and slippery, he didn't have the strength or thought to listen to me. I didn't stop to check how strong the current was though, but I could tell that he was beginning to sink below the surface, he was slowly ceasing to "paddle" and stay above the surface so I knew I had to do something quick. I mean hell, I would have jumped in to grab him in a heartbeat if it came to that. I believe he has already forgotten about it, enough that he will probably do it again but this time I'll make sure he doesn't go near the edge after a good hard run.

Yeah, Rocky isn't a small dog, he isn't a big one either but 52-54 lbs and wet isn't exactly light when grabbing with one hand. I normally let him fall in because he normally gets out without any issues, but this time the water was at just the right level and the bank was just slippery enough and he was just tired enough for it to have gone very badly really quick. What scared me most I think is that it all happened in a matter of less than 40 seconds from him falling to me realizing he wasn't getting out on his own.

I didn't run this morning...then I got to work and found I didn't get the promotion..it was a bit of a stretch but it was more money so I was really hopeful.  So two time loser this am...did have pie again for breakfast.

QOTD: I rest but then again I am a bit lackadaisical about my running as evident on the above.  It also depends on the pain..I have tendiotis right now but I don't consider that pain, just nagging ache.  Knnees I worry about.

AT:  enjoy your family.

FreeSoul:  Very scary...glad Rocky got out.  When my dog does something similar I run the the river/canal calling him to a place he can got out easier.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I didn't run this morning...then I got to work and found I didn't get the promotion..it was a bit of a stretch but it was more money so I was really hopeful.  So two time loser this am...did have pie again for breakfast.

1 out of 3 is a good average in baseball.  But sorry to hear no run or promotion.  Sad

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

The Director just let me know I was neck and neck with the candiate she hired.  So I'm not really that much of a loser.  Joking

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Snowdenrun

I went for my first run in 2 weeks today! I logged it as a tempo run, but my pace has dramatically slowed down. Not a big surprise. But it felt great to get out and move my legs again. I hope my butt muscles don't throw too much of a fit.

QOTD: Running wise, I tend to rest more. My body knows long before my brain does that I need to rest. In over all terms, I tend to keep pushing myself until a breaking point, then I turn into a zombie for a few days to recover.