Trailer Trash

Marathon Monday (Read 18 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got back from a great weekend away with DW - went to the beach...yes in October. It was nice weather for biking, running, and walking on the beach. Loved it but hate coming home.  Got in a nice 10 miler and 4 miler with DW.  Now I need to get back to some sort of serious training as I jumped into a 50k Nov. 1st.

Did anyone see the London Marathon over the weekend? Specifically did anyone see Sara Hall and that crazy kick she had at the end? That was really cool to see her training really come together and work for her.  I have been following her and Ryan for a while now.  Cool to see.

QOTD: Any goals you have for the rest of the year - running or non-running?

I hope to hit 2500 miles for the year (almost at 2000) which would be a PB for me. I hope to stay injury free which is most important.

Have a great day! I am going to read George's 3 day report.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Yes! I was able to watch the London Marathon women's race and Hall's incredible kick.  I can't remember the last time I've seen that kind of determination.  And Molly Seidel ran a great race also and a PB in 6th place.

Recovery week for me, so walking and easy running.

QOTD:  I still have one more race this year, Piedmont-8.  Hopefully I'll run a more sensible race there.  I'd like to get in another in late November or December, but there's not much to choose from where I would be comfortable traveling.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

Ran an easy 5 miles this morning, same as yesterday as far as mileage. But yesterday I took a different route and stopped to watch some sort of goats the guy next to us has in his high fence hunting operation. They were 300 or so yards away, so I couldn't tell much about them, but I am not a goat expert. I don't like high fence hunting operations, and I don't know why anyone would want to hunt any kind of goat other than a real mountain goat. I don't think he has many customers; I never hear any shooting over there except for my neighbor who lives on the gravel road headed into the "compound". He target shoots a lot.

QOTD: I just want to fill the freezer with a couple of deer around here, and try to get a pig or an another deer on one of our outings to the Pearl River WMA, assuming we go. If we don't go, I'll just try to shoot my 3rd deer around here. Also, I have some work goals to get done before Thanksgiving. I need to get as much of the spring enrollment done prior to the break as possible. I hate having that linger over my head over the Christmas holidays.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Usual wog about this morning and will get Baker out for 5 or 6 this evening. Weekend, typical trail miles out at the lake on Saturday (the place was packed!) and Birdsboro watershed yesterday. Nice pleasant fall weather both days.

I did not see the race but will have too look for it on the Olympic channel or MSNBC, though I did see the news of her finish. I have only ran a few fast finish marathons, relative to my fitness, and it is an incredible feeling. For a race at that level that is so awesome.

QOTD: No race goals here. I am well on track to my mileage goal of 2,000 miles, and the pandemic streak rolls on. That was not a goal at the beginning of the year but has now become a thing.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

As planned I slept in this morning, I was even late for work, which is saying something when my "office" is about three steps away. 

I'll do 5 or 6 miles this afternoon.  As the saying goes, "since I was late for work - I'll have to leave early..."

Yes I saw a replay of Sara Hall's finish in London, great stuff.  I can't tell you how many times I've run along those same roads in St. James's Park. I don't do the same loop because it's too short, but I take parts of it when I string the other parks (Green Park, Hyde Park, Regents Park) together.  One of the hotels I stay at is right near the St James tube station and the office I go to a lot is on Matthew Parker St.

qotd:  No real goals I guess, except maybe to keep my sanity.  I'm almost at 2400 running miles for the year so I've already blown thru my 2000 mile goal. The other thing is to get selected in the HR lottery, but that's more of a wish than a goal.

tbd.

runtraildc

Hi all, Got in a 5 mile hike and some rowing yesterday. The running friend with the broken ankle is allowed to walk, so that's our pace for now when we get together. Trails are possible, but slow for her so  we stuck to the roads of Rock Creek. Not as bad as it sounds-- the roads have been mostly closed to vehicles since April. Today is TBD.

qotd: My only goal is to get through the year. 2021 has to be better, right??!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Will get out after work with Tiny Elvis for a few miles.

Think I’m going to give the backcountry early rifle season a go Thursday/Friday- barebones affair, no tent, just a bivy

qotd: 2020 miles which I think will be close (PR too) and like LB fill that freezer!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

QOTD: I just want to fill the freezer with a couple of deer around here, and try to get a pig or an another deer on one of our outings to the Pearl River WMA, assuming we go. If we don't go, I'll just try to shoot my 3rd deer around here.

LB I forgot to mention before, early yesterday morning while running in the park I saw an 8 point (maybe more he was moving and then stopped in the trees so it was hard to see exactly).  He was pretty large too.  I usually only see smaller does with fawn in the park, I guess it's kind of nursery grounds for them.  Either that or they are gator-food.  This past weekend bow deer hunting season started over here so maybe the big guy was hiding among the women and children. 

tbd.

Pain is my friend

Easy 7.5 miles on trails with 2,400 ft of vert. Love the fall colors.

QOTD: I want to set a new PR in the 100 miler and  24-hour loop race.

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?

SRD today.  I forgot about the London Marathon until a few friends posted about their virtual races, which is what I guess the common folk did while the elites were racing.

LB, from yesterday, any particular reason why you have spent a lot of time in Norway?  Will try to remember this if/when we plan another trip there.  I especially want to go to Tromso and Bergen.

QOTD: I'm hoping that I have a 100 miler in me at Dinosaur Valley, TX in November, despite the less-than-ideal lead up.  My head is really not in the game for a hundred.  Going to try to get some focus and drive back in the next couple of months.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR