Trailer Trash

R2R2R (Read 40 times)

John, that's a good tip.  I was on a moonless night run a few weeks, ago, and I'm not kidding, back in the woods, it was pitch black when you'd shut your light off.  My biggest fear was that my headlamp was going to go out before I could get back to the basecamp to get a fresh set of batteries.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

My headlamp went out on me on my last night run, despite "new" (?) Batteries. Fortunately, I had a smaller handheld light with me, but it was much more difficult to run fast on those rocky trails. The right lighting really makes all the difference there. After something like 2 hours, that small light went a bit darker, too, as I had considered it just an extra, not an essential ( big mistake), and had not checked its batteries before I had left. I feared that I would be left out there without a light, but as John had advised, I still had a tiny emergency light with me, which weighs less than an ounce, and which would have been just enough light to allow me to walk out, or to change the batteries, if I only had packed any. Lessons learned! I'd always pack two sets of spare batteries for at least the headlamp for a long run, just because you never know how "new" they really are.

Run for fun.