Trailer Trash

Super Soaking Wet Sundays...and windy..did I mention windy. (Read 258 times)

Endurance Guy

Pain cave junkie

SRD today recovering from the Death Valley Trail Marathon.  Great race with no issues from beginning to end.  Course was a tad long at 26.5 miles but no one cared.  Total time was a tad over 5 hours.  Now moving on to a 50K.

Be well,

JB

ultraendure.blogspot.com

Birdwell

SRD, next week i'm looking to do a little mileage bump. Trying to get my average closer to 40 MPW. should be fun.

Qotd: I want to live in a full service retirement community Smile

this is sammy, i like to call him dog breath. he's a maltese/poodle mix. i didn't pick him out. 

jonferg67

Endless trails

Afternoon, folks.

Well, I executed my 'car as aid station, 6 mile loop' plan. I managed 3 solid loops for an 

18 miler. Yesterday DW and I were driving through the snow, with temps at 26*, today it

was cloudy and 56*. Gotta love New England weather.

Edurance guy: Great job at Death Valley, can't wait to hear details *hint-hint*. Which 50k are

yout thinking about? I can't say enough about Inside Trail Racing if you wanted something

near SF.

QOTD: I'd like to live just about anywhere west of Denver, as a trail runner/outdoor person

that part of the country just can't be beat. No offense to the Wisconsin folks.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

my 20 miler yesterday left me pretty hammered, so a nice easy 6 miles along the Yellowstone was just what the doctored ordered Smile  still a little sore, but I'll be GTG in no time

weather is still holding nicely here-unseasonably warm for December

good luck to everyone racing!

qotd- we'll be moving back to western Montana within a year (two at most), the only other placed I've considered is New Mexico- we did a week long trip in the Gila and really digged that area- has winter, but much more tolerable than Montana winters- a little warm in the summer, but not too bad at higher elevations (Silver City)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

snailrunning

Slacked a little over here.  I did get in two runs in the last four days, just not as much as would have liked.  Had a great visit with my mom though.   Need to get back to business once again.  

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Evening,

Checking in late, still having to read through the thread and catch up.

I ran my HM today, and it was fun. RR to follow - promise!

Run for fun.

daneda

Hey folks... Just checking in.  I was darmst at the other boards - a fairly new member.  Anyhow, I wasn't around for a little bit and I apparently missed the complete meltdown of RWOL!  I'm diggin' these boards better anyhow, so cool.  Anyhow, hi again Big grin

Got a nice 6 miles on my local trail this afternoon.  Got to eat an awesomely huge bowl of chili afterwards (I made it this morning) with some Back in Black IPA Joking

Anyhow, nice to be back.... Also, I like all the dog pics!

Hobby Jogger

I did 3.2 miles of easy trail today.

QOTD:  Not sure where I'd prefer to live.  Maybe Vermont.  Geographically it's a lot like where I live in NY, but with lower taxes and more personal freedom.

5/4/19 - Twilight Zone 24 Hour

Trail Dog

Post-marathon, I walked the dog a brisk 4 miles today. I'm not terribly sore, but walking down steps is a little more difficult this evening than it was this morning.

QOTD: I lived overseas for a few years; that was long enough. I love the Chicago city lifestyle but really miss the mountains. I think my next (and final?) move will be out west. I was in northern New Mexico for Thanksgiving and loved the wide open spaces and trails (including mountains). And added plus - close to family in AZ and CO. Maybe not enough trees for me - I love trees! - so perhaps Colorado is a possibility? DBF loves the Pacific NW, but I've never been so can't give an opinion until we visit some friends there.

NorthernHarrier

Late here again today.  Kind of a rest day today but I'm still tired. Pheasant hunting this morning then a twentysomething mile bike ride with my daughter, followed by heading to the Badger basketball game with a bud. Supper and brews after. A full day. 

QOTD--Well I've traveled enough over the entire country and at one time in my life could have picked anywhere to live but we love Wisconsin. I will be living in Vilas co. in the far north in a few years

Mtwarden-- Silver City and the Gila Nat'l forest area is and would be pretty sweet. Awesome climate.

Ultra Cowboy

Went for a 7 mile trail run today with a bunch of folks tapering for the Coyote Ridge 20 miler next Saturday. 

Only the 3 miles before this photo did it actually rain. The last half was quite pleasant 

After the run the clouds cleared away and the sun shone as if to say "What?"

QOTD:  i'd like to be a hunting bum throughout the Western states July -January.  Then Learn to be a ski bum Jan-Feb.

WYBMADIITY

Save

Uh oh... now what?

Scribbling elsewhere, late getting out, bbbyyy... hourish at Ft. Ebey, eagles are back and two were close to the nest we think they occupied last year, very unconcerned northern flicker paid no attention to us being very still and we got to watch it from up close--wild birds are neato.

QOTD:  The kids want us to move closer (closest is about 300 miles away).  We keep telling them we need tall trees, water that moves, and mountains that get snow--if they seem to be getting close, we remind them about orcas too.  We have been very fortunate to live several places, travel to a few more--Spain seemed like it would be good, so did Ireland, and there are so many others still to visit.  We will run out of time before the decision is made.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

rgot

FurShirtFlyer

Are those Italian Greyhounds?

Slacked a little over here.  I did get in two runs in the last four days, just not as much as would have liked.  Had a great visit with my mom though.   Need to get back to business once again.  

snailrunning

They are Hairless Terriers.  Can run like the wind, especially the bigger one.