Trailer Trash

Wet Wednesday (Read 11 times)

runtraildc

Ooh, in for a second day of rain. Let's catch up-Christmas was 7 miles along the potomac and through the historic area of Alexandria VA. DH wanted to fish at his winter fishing river so Chowder and I tagged along for a run. It was really nice out and the change of scenery was good.  Yesterday was 4 miles with the brewery group. Beer tasted great and it was good to catch up with the other runners post run. The group was smaller than usual probably due to folks out of town. I like when DC gets quiet.

qotd: Any big 2024 plans or goals in the works? I'm looking for a new goal race and not at home. But nothing concrete yet.

Going to be a wet Wednesday here too.  Which means wet intervals later. 6 miles yesterday with uphill strides.  Last night, we had dinner with the neighbors to celebrate an upcoming birthday. Tonight, DH and I are going out for our 20th anniversary.  January, I swear I’m taking a break from big meals and too much wine.

QOTD: I’m eyeing Mountain Lakes 100 in Oregon in Sept for my goal race. DH and I are eyeing the South Island of New Zealand for a trip in November.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

To catch up, I did 12 yesterday and 13 this morning. Tomorrow I’ll do 5 and then drive a couple hours north (camp in a tent) then crew my DD in a 50 mile horse ride on Friday. We’re heading home after she’s done.  Since it’s such a short trip I’m not bringing any running stuff.  The plan is then to do b2b 20s on Sat and Sun.

qotd: The Florida race in Feb. I just made all the flight/hotel/car arrangements for it, just DD and I are going.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

2 miles yesterday and 3 today with the grandkids and Tiny Elvis- they like hiking with Papa 

qotd: We're finalizing plans/route for a winter trip through the Bob Marshall- early January.  No racing in my future (aside from the Bob Marshall Open- which as it clearly states, isn't a race )

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

3 miles run and walk.  Some light rain today, but I missed it while running. Tomorrow is supposed to be much heavier, possibly a couple inches.

QOTD:  Only one race definitely on the calendar so far, revisiting 6 Days in the Dome for another 12-hour race.  Some time during the year I'll schedule a 50K goal race, then toward the end of the year I'm thinking about a 24-hour race. Haven't done one of those since before the pandemic, possibly a return to ATY.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I thought this deserved a separate post.

While running at the park on Wednesday and not paying a lot of attention, I was startled by a lot of movement just to my left.  Sitting on a park story board, almost within arm's length, was what I believe was a juvenile red tailed hawk.  He just sat there and flapped his wings rather than taking flight.  He was still there on my next lap around the park.  I haven't been that close to a hawk since I was a volunteer to help with a falconer's demonstration at a Renaissance Fair.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.