Trailer Trash

Hot Tuesdaily (Read 41 times)

Watoni

Slept till 7am, so no morning run.

Need the long runs this week, so either an easy-ish cycling day or rest.

QOTD: Depends ... I have gotten pretty dehydrated on really hot rides with hours between aid stations

Jumped a rattle snake or two, never bitten

Hi all. I got in 5 ridiculously slow, humid miles last night. So terrible. I don't think I've ever experienced this level of humidity in Philadelphia for weeks on end.

Tonight I have a frisbee game....with more humidity. I don't know how people deal with this every single day in the South!

QOTD 1: I normally drink enough to keep it a Coors light color....but definitely not by drinking Coors Light. Dead

QOTD 2: No snake encounters for me, except while hiking the AT.

Brian Runner

Group run at Mt. Pisgah State Park tonight. Every Tuesday during the warmer months we meet for a run and then have a cookout afterwards. Its done nothing but rain here this week, so the trails should be a muddy-fun mess.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

That was the strange thing, the rattler I jumped yesterday did not rattle at all.

I read somewhere that there are more rattlers who won't rattle, and that perhaps this is an evolution/adaptation thing. Rattlesnakes who readily rattle are more often rounded up and killed by humans (their most dangerous enemy) than more hesitant rattlers, so that the "quiet" rattlesnakes may rather survive and pass on this trait.

Ran 12 miles on some logging roads today.  Heat and humidity for several more days.  I was pretty soaked by the time I was done.

Saw this little guy, either crossing the road or looking for a place to sun.  I went around the tail side and didn't try to leap over.  Rattle was pretty active, but he never coiled.

QOTD #1 - I've been IPA a few times, but try to keep it lighter.

QOTD #2 - Never bitten but see several timber rattlers and a few copper heads every year.

Run for fun.

Chnaiur

5 sore and slow miles on forest paths.

QODTs: diluted bud light, never bitten

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Irish Luck

7-8 planned with the mister tonight. We are re-running a race course we did on Sunday.  It's going to be muggy and sloppy from the rain showers.

QOTD1: I am usually well-hydrated.

QOTD2: Now you've all got me paranoid for tonight's run. I usually run near a river and wet spots, and snakes don't like that environment, right? RIGHT?   Shocked

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

Daydreamer1

Got in my 11+ miles. It was slow. Wasn't too hot but the humidity was in the 80s putting the dew point into the low 70s. Fortunately it decided to rain which kept me cooler. Still I decided to walk some on the steepest parts of the hills, basically anything above 8-9%. I had to keep telling myself it was about getting miles into the legs not setting a PR.

Daydreamer1

QOTD2: Now you've all got me paranoid for tonight's run. I usually run near a river and wet spots, and snakes don't like that environment, right? RIGHT?   Shocked

Not quite as much as the Alligators Wink

Irish Luck

Not quite as much as the Alligators Wink

HA!  Glad to know the Pennsy Gators aren't fans of the Schuylkill River.

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

muppy

Got in 10.5 this morning

QOTD was close to IPA this morning, was only 75* but dew point was 73, and I sweat like a pig.

QOTD I did run over one  on the rail trail a few weeks ago, did some unplanned speed work!

Sandy-2

I guess I should also answer...

qotd 1: normally Coors Lite or Pale Ale.  But a few years ago at WS with about 5 miles to go I was at the Guinness stage, scared me a bit, told my pacer I was peeing my quads 'cause they were shot.  (By the way, I guess you realize that the photo is from the Michagan Bluff aid station (mile 55) of the WS100 this past wekend.)

qotd 2: never bitten.

BTW, took a SRD today.

tbd.

runtraildc

Got in a walk with my sister's dog this am instead of a longer run.  About 1 mile of which was a slow run, the most I think Gus could do.  He got in a nice swim in the lake to cool down.   In retrospect, I should have gone in for a dip, too.  We just don't have good, cool and natural freshwater lakes in MD.

qotd 1:  couldn't they have come up with something better than Coors Light?

#2:  have had encounters with copperheads, but no bites.  It's the garter snakes that come out of nowhere in my garden that really scare me!  Big grin

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Have you seen River Monsters lately? They said that sharks and sawfish can be found as far as 1,600 miles up the river from the ocean. Now how far is that Schuylkil River from the ocean - better look out when you go to dip your feet in the river...

HA!  Glad to know the Pennsy Gators aren't fans of the Schuylkill River.

Run for fun.

ceezy

7 on the trail...highlight of the run was finding some ripe blackberries, had a couple handfuls and was on my way.  Smile