Trailer Trash

Tic Toc Tuesday (Read 20 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Not the app Tic Toc but time is ticking away Tuesday.  Hope all are doing well.  Today will likely be a rest day for me.  I was thinking of getting in a short run so we'll see.  Scheduled as rest.

QOTD: Any thoughts recently of wanting to make some major changes in your life? Are you serious about the thoughts or just toying with some ideas?

I want to leave my job after 11+ years.  It's run it's course.  I am mentally on to the next phase of my career.  Unfortunately I probably have another year or two before I can realistically make it work.  I want to transition to a f/t teaching position in psychology. It could involve moving to another state or staying put.  Whatever happens it will be a big change. But patience....

Have a great day.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

moonlightrunner

I did nothing today so far, and have nothing planned for later. I intended to swim but woke up feeling very tired. I suspect I am likely anemic again and B deficient. I am terrible about taking necessary supplements.

Jamie: I think that is wonderful you are planning a change. You are young and have lots of choices. It is easy to get sucked into staying put because change is uncertain. Go for what makes you happy.

Qotd: I dont see a lot of change for me at this point. Many days I feel the urge to move away, leave no forwarding address, change my identity and become someone new. But...that is unlkely.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

Up early to take my Mom in for a post-surgical checkup.  Raining here again, so I did a treadmill run. Looks like more rain the next 2-3 days, so will be roads and TM this week.

Jamie - It's hard to make life changes when you have young kids, but being unhappy at work can impact you and your family.  Looks around and test the waters, something might catch your eye. You'd be a great FT Professor.

QOTD:  I'm 4-5 years away from possible retirement.  I've sold off some property to make us more flexible for moving when I do retire, but that's as far as we've gotten.  Parent's health will impact our next several years, and when they are set, or gone, we'll decode our next chapter.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I thought I had contracted a cold, but now am pretty sure it's the flu- low-grade fever, terrible lung congestion, coughing fits and all the other good stuff.  I get a flu shot every year, but seem to get the flu every year- also pretty sure it's related to DW working at an elementary school-  she gets it first, then me.

I've been out of commission for a couple of days now and my self prognosis is that I've got a few more to go 

qotd: I've been making some significant life changes recently- I went part time which I'm happy about (I already collect a pension from being a game warden so not my sole income).  I just hit the 62 year mark so am eligible for Social Security, even though 62 years is the earliest you can collect (and the least amount you can collect) it still isn't too shabby.  My current thought is to ride out the part time gig for a couple of more years and then pull the pin for good- this will increase the SS income and allow my 401/451's to continue to increase.  I don't see us moving from Helena, but I think a downsized condo or townhouse might be in our future.

moonlight- "Many days I feel the urge to move away, leave no forwarding address, change my identity and become someone new" and become an outlaw? Smile

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Birdwell

1.5 really slow miles late last night. I’m in total beginner mode.

QOTD: yes, all the time. Since my divorce, I contemplate changes and even plan for some. Most stem from a newfound desire to be the best version of myself I can be, for me. 
            My commitments to my children prevent me from doing anything really drastic (Child support and shared custody).

I’ve been working on being more present and finding joy in my current circumstances. That has been a very good transformation. 

Work has always been a weird spot for me. I’m very good at what I do, but it’s not a defining part of my life. I don’t find fulfillment from it. It simply provides me the cash flow and time off to do things that are fulfilling. Someday, I think I’d like to work in a field that sparks joy.

runtraildc

Short loops around the neighborhood while Chowder is being trained to stay calmly at home . Yes, this is taking a long time, but I'm seeing small improvements. Hope springs eternal. The rain has finally let up so at least I'm not getting soaked.

MT- a research RN studying flu vaccines told me that it's flu 'when the symptoms are rapid onset, like getting hit by the proverbial truck', otherwise cold symptoms can be very similar (fever, aches, ect.) but it is a slower progression (and ultimately, less deadly). You might have what is commonly known as the 'man-flu'. It's usually the cold the women/children in the household get, but when the man gets it, it is so much, much worse than what they had. Ask your wife and please report back on her response. 

I thought I had contracted a cold, but now am pretty sure it's the flu- low-grade fever, terrible lung congestion, coughing fits and all the other good stuff.  I get a flu shot every year, but seem to get the flu every year- also pretty sure it's related to DW working at an elementary school-  she gets it first, then me.

qotd: Not immediately.

runtraildc

+1

I’ve been working on being more present and finding joy in my current circumstances. That has been a very good transformation. 

Sandy-2

Everyone should read this...   https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/11/magazine/ultrarunning-marathon-olympics.html#commentsContainer   The last photo is so cool.

I'm planning to run after work today.  I didn't run this morning because it had stopped raining, so I'm waiting until after work for the rain to start up again so I can run.

moonlight - love your quote "Many days I feel the urge to move away, leave no forwarding address, change my identity and become someone new." I only wish my oldest dear brother who is gone now followed that mantra.

qotd: I guess retiring will count as a major change, just figuring out when to do it.  Probably in a year or so.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

You might have what is commonly known as the 'man-flu'. It's usually the cold the women/children in the household get, but when the man gets it, it is so much, much worse than what they had. Ask your wife and please report back on her response. 

yeah mine symptoms are MUCH worse than my wife's were AND she is the one that brought it home 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

AARRGGG!!! What a crazy few days. I hiked/hunted last Friday. I ran 2.5 Saturday. I ran 10 Sunday. I ran 2.5 yesterday morning. We had no internet at work, so it was a wasted day. I had to cut it to a short one mile run this morning. The 10 on Sunday was nice. Just swamped at work. I love it, but good grief!!!

QOTD: I am pretty happy with things, overall. I would like to replace someone at work with someone who has a brain that actually functions at a level beyond respiration. But other than that, I guess things are okay.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sandy- that was a great read- thanks for posting!  I know who I'll be rooting for Smile

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Sandy: That was good. I can hardly wait to see what happens.

LB2

Sandy-2

Sandy- that was a great read- thanks for posting!  I know who I'll be rooting for Smile

Yeah, Walmsley for the win !!!!

But realistically, he's an underdog, but I love underdog stories.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

yeah mine symptoms are MUCH worse than my wife's were AND she is the one that brought it home 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sandy- when he was stationed in Great Falls they had a race called Icebreaker (obviously Spring Smile) both a 5k and a 10k

the prize $ was actually pretty decent by Montana standards certainly- $1500 for first place for the 10k, he would line up for the 10k win it and then very shortly thereafter lineup for the 5k and win that

I also got to see him at his first trail race, right here in Helena (Don't Fence Me In) he won the 30k by a pretty wide margin despite going the wrong way for a bit (not his last time evidently!)

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √