Trailer Trash

Rosie Ruiz Fridaily (Read 22 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

4 straight days of beach running and lots of biking.  Loving it.  I need to change it up tomorrow and planning on a pavement run - hopefully a bit longer.  Our vacation is sadly almost over. But lots of and lots of biking and relaxing.  Have I said yet how much I love my new bike??? Thanks Mandy for the rec of Trek.  Love it so much. We have a full day on Saturday yet but then leaving early Sunday.

Then back to work on Monday 

AT - funny you should post that pic.  We drove up to the MD side of Assateague today.  Saw many of the ponies out and about.  A few people looked like they were getting too close.

QOTD: See above.  Will beach it yet again tomorrow.  Kids are a little sick of it but DW and I don't care.  We love it.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

I've got a '68 VW bug in my garage (my dad's car, which we are keeping for him).  They definitely don't make them like that any more.  That's not entirely a bad thing.

Thanks for linking the obit for Rosie Ruiz.  A sad life.

Dr. J, your kids are sick of the beach?  How is that possible?!?

QOTD: 25 miler in Cool, CA tomorrow.  Where it will not be cool.  Not looking forward to the 3:30 am alarm, but it's a 2.5 hour drive.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

7.2 miles - weather for South Dakota all next week, sunny, lows in upper 50s, highs in mid to upper 70s. Great for vacation and sightseeing, a little warm and sunny for racing.

My first car was a 1960 Beetle.

qotd: Packing for my trip. I'm sure I'm over packing. Trying to cut down on what I take to avoid paying for checked baggage, but all the running gear plus vacation clothes for 6 days makes it tough.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

runtraildc

Good Luck, WC! and wow, that's an incredible forecast.  And as for packing, that's a case for alloting time in a laundromat IMO.  But I always prefer to wear the same damn clothes all the time, and decrease the amount of dirty cllothes I'm lugging around. It's a good time to catch up on email/ internet, too.

qotd: Packing for my trip. I'm sure I'm over packing. Trying to cut down on what I take to avoid paying for checked baggage, but all the running gear plus vacation clothes for 6 days makes it tough.