Trailer Trash

Miles for Nile (Read 18 times)

Messenjah

I know it's not on the trails, but I am doing a 24 hour event in a few short weeks and doing it to raise money for our friends whose son (who is 20 months old) was diagnosed about a month ago with a very rare disease called LCH. He's been in the hospital for a little over a month and they have no idea how long he'll be in there. He's doing chemo treatments and the whole deal. It's pretty rough on the whole family. They have 2 other young kids (4 years and 3 years) at home and have gotten to see them very little during this ordeal.

If you feel like it, visit the site below for more information on the event and the other about the Equalizer Endurance Run

http://www.gofundme.com/48u3c8

http://www.crankygnomeathleticclub.com/equalizer/

If anything, prayers or positive vibes (whatever you are into) are needed for him, the family and me while I try to tackle the 100 mile distance.

AT-runner

Tim

Prayers for the family and Nile.  The survival and remission rates have greatly improved on hystiocytosis diseases, but recovery can be long.  What hospital is treating Nile?

What a great way to help the family.  

Go Hawkeyes!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Messenjah

Blank Children's in Des Moines. They are doing a great job with him and the family but he keeps spiking temps when he is off antibiotics for 48 hours so they are still up in the air how long he will be there.

It pains me that his name is Nile (after Nile Kinnick) and that pic is in front of Kinnick as I am a die hard Cyclone Big grin

Prayers for the family and Nile.  The survival and remission rates have greatly improved on hystiocytosis diseases, but recovery can be long.  What hospital is treating Nile?

What a great way to help the family.  

Go Hawkeyes!

AT-runner

Tim

It pains me that his name is Nile (after Nile Kinnick) and that pic is in front of Kinnick as I am a die hard Cyclone Big grin

When I saw the photo and his name, I knew he had to be named after Kinnick.  Hopefully he'll make a full recovery and win the Heisman one day.  Even a Cyclone fan has to love what Nile Kinnick was all about.  They say he thrived under adversity so maybe his name will help out the little guy.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Messenjah

When I saw the photo and his name, I knew he had to be named after Kinnick.  Hopefully he'll make a full recovery and win the Heisman one day.  Even a Cyclone fan has to love what Nile Kinnick was all about.  They say he thrived under adversity so maybe his name will help out the little guy.