Trailer Trash

Thursday!! (Read 18 times)

GC100k

Beautiful cool morning to run this morning. So I ran on a treadmill after lifting. Just out of convenience.

QOTD: I pretty much always listen to something while I run. Lots of running podcasts. And I crank music when I want to get going. Classic rock or Christian worship music. I like the upbeat worship music. When I played in the worship band for our youth group back in the day it was like heavy metal worship. These days the kids like more quiet, somber stuff (akin to slow Mumford and Sons). I can take slow stuff, but not for running. I like the music from Planetshakers church a lot. It's new but high energy old-fashioned rock and roll. I'm usually either playing Planetshakers radio or AC/DC radio on iHeartRadio.

Planetshakers (I said it's new but I'm posting a ~10 year old video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNZe38wA3io

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in 3 slow miles last night.  Was perfect out.  Run later tonight - should be equally as perfect.  I run a lot in my hood but it is so dark and woodsy (despite the number of homes) it feels like trail on my night runs.  I feel slightly better today but still a little cruddy.

Queen - 10??  Getting real!!!!

Bert - running is the only thing that makes me feel better so not giving that up until I absolutely have to.

Warden/Mandy - Nirvana?

GC - my kids love planetshakers.  I do too. But Planetshakers and ACDC?

AT - I contact Jon on FB and encouraged him to post.  He said he would but hasn't that I have seen.

QOTD: never listened to a podcast.  Music - for me it's just a huge variety.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Jamie- definitely Nirvana, -Pearl Jam, Beck, Smashing Pumpkins, Sound Garden, Bush, to name just a few more

most of it not overly uplifting music Smile, but a lot of it great running/working out music

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

GC100k

GC - my kids love planetshakers.  I do too. But Planetshakers and ACDC?

I skip through Highway to Hell and some of the raunchier stuff. I only listen to the non-raunchy ACDC like...., um ...., I'll get back to you on that.

Sandy-2

Turd! I am at number 10 of the waitlist.

Which 100 mile is it again? We need to start getting revved up!!!

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

7 miles

qotd: no deliberate listening to music or anything else, but I'm often attacked by earworms. Lately it's been Windy by the Association.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Mountain Lakes 100..Oregeon.  I think yours is the weekend after mine..  09/2

Which 100 mile is it again? We need to start getting revved up!!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

All those are on my song track..   let's rock together. 

Jamie- definitely Nirvana, -Pearl Jam, Beck, Smashing Pumpkins, Sound Garden, Bush, to name just a few more

most of it not overly uplifting music Smile, but a lot of it great running/working out music

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

All those are on my song track..   let's rock together. 

I'm rooting for you to get into the hundy, BUT if it falls through for some reason.......... "Colorado Rocky Mountain high, I've seen it raining a fire in the sky......". 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √