Trailer Trash

Heavenly Humpdaily (Read 21 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

as in weather, the last couple of days have been in the mid to upper 30’s and the forecast shows a solid week of upper 30’s and even a few 40’s- unusual this time of year, but unusually nice! Smile

4 miles on the trails with Tiny Elvis yesterday, something similar today

my snowshoe trip Friday through Sunday should be pretty pleasant; when we were first planning it it was below zero- so a very nice change!

qotd: what’s your forecast for the next several days?

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dhuffman63

Trails

Rest day yesterday...today I start the strength training...it's a 30 min dumbbell routine.  I also plan on spending some time on the rower.

qotd: we have a winter weather advisory...snow, sleet, rain for the next 2 days.  Cold and crappy.

Going out for hill repeats after work.

Snowshoeing sounds even more fun in those conditions, Warden. We’re going to try getting up to Tahoe for a snowshoeing day trip sometime in the coming weeks.

QOTD: partly cloudy, temps in the 50s, usual stuff.  Looking forward to rain this weekend.  Rain makes me happy, I think I have drought PTSD.

6/9/24 Cinderella Trail Run 50k, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

No bike ride last night.  I got home too late and had to grill the chicken.  Maybe tonight I'll run for a mile or two in the rain.

qotd: down here the next few days it going to be 40 to 50* rainy, then cloudy, then part sunny.  But tomorrow I'm headed up to Pittsburgh and there it'll be 30 to 45* cloudy with some flurrys on Saturday. I'm going to a funeral for my brother's long-time partner.  (I will be bringing some running stuff so I hope to sneak in a few easy hilly miles here and there.)

tbd.

LB2

Easy run this morning. I'll get another couple of those this week and try to do a 10 miler on Saturday and another on Sunday. I have been so preoccupied with work and hunting all fall and winter I don't feel like I am much of a runner anymore. I was thinking it was all over with on December 30th, but then I got invited to another place where I still had a tag on Monday. Then, I thought it was over after that primitive weapon hunt, but on the way home, I was told that they have another special rifle season in February. So, the journey continues. I will get a break in March, but turkey season opens April 4th and runs through the first weekend of May. After that, I should be laser focused on running unless I get into some fish on the river. But I plan to be focused on running. If I am going to race, it will have to be something shorter. I just have too many interests right now, but I am loving life!!

QOTD: It looks like lows in the low 40's and highs in the low 60's. Perfect. But we do have some rain forecast for tomorrow. Hopefully, it holds off until after the rain.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Short run late last night.  I was planning on running 6-7 tonight but on my lunch break, while at home, I caught a splinter in the bottom of my foot.  WTF????!!!! I spent a good 15 minutes digging it out.  It's amazing how much dead skin is on my foot.  But I sure felt it once I got down to live skin.  Needless to say, unsure if I should run tonight.  I may just give it a day to heal.  I did get the bugger out but it bled pretty good once it popped out.

Warden - nice to see some decent weather out your way.  Hopefully it lasts but it most likely won't.

QOTD: Temps are rising - 40's over the next 2-3 days for a high which will melt everything we just got over the weekend.  PA weather in the winter is all over the place anymore.  We'll be back down to 20's for a high here soon.  

Have a great hump day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Very cold and brisk this morning for the dog wog. Lower to mid teens I suppose. Layered up as usual. The poor Lady was shivering a bit but was happy to go. Lunchtime, ran an old standby road loop from the house. 5+ miles, out to a local park and back. The old standby loop appears to be longer than in the past based on the time indicator. Will get a few dog jog miles in later today before sunset.

QOTD: The temps will be moderating here. Mid to low 40's as highs, low in the mid to upper 20's for the foreseeable future. Dry for the next few days but 100% chance of rain on Saturday. Hopefully it will melt the ice.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Ultra Cowboy

twas a foggy morning and it rained yesterday.  at 1:00pm it is 59 deg F mostly sunny and it is predicted to be 52 for tonight's run.

Mornings will be foggy for much of the coming month with intermittent rain for much of next week.

Pub run at the hipster sour beer place with food truck....

Shady oak in the news

WYBMADIITY

Save

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Brutal interval workout, 5 x 2 loops at the park (.57 miles for 2 laps).  At least the weather cooperated, almost no wind and 37F with sun.

qotd: Cloudy, mid-40s with 90% chance of rain on Saturday

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                          06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

runtraildc

Hi all. 5 slow-ish and sluggish miles on the paved trail by the creek. Perffect running weather-- cool (high 30s) and no wind at all. Lots of sun. Glad I got out and grateful to have a friend to join me as we both admitted we probably would have skipped on our own. Chowder had fun. Lots of squirrels.

qotd: typical DC area winter right now. Nothing scary in the forecast (at least, 'scary' for here).  Starting to see a couple of late winter bloomers, snow drops (white, short) flowers that, in some spots, come up late january. Our warm spell last week might have sped things up for some of them.

Mornings will be foggy for much of the coming month with intermittent rain for much of next week.

Pub run at the hipster sour beer place with food truck....

That sounds good, but minus the 'sour'. I haven't gotten on board with this beer trend. 

Ultra Cowboy

That sounds good, but minus the 'sour'. I haven't gotten on board with this beer trend. 

I had a 12 oz "hoppy Farmhouse Saison" for $7 and Bahn Mi Tacos for $12.

WYBMADIITY

Save