Trailer Trash

Soggy Wednesday (Read 17 times)

runtraildc

More rain. True to our pattern this year, 1, maybe 2, nice days, immediately followed by cold, rainy days. I ended up with 7.4 walking miles yesterday, between two walks. We visited Chowder's swimming hole in the morning, and the C&O canal area trolley trail in the afternoon. Very muddy in sections.  My knee is bothering me today--tight quads irritating the knee tendon (internet & YouTube diagnosis and prescribed PT) so I might get in a short walk later, we'll see.

qotd: I can't come up with anything other than 'what's for dinner'? We know yesterday was tacos or other mexican inspired food for many of you, so what will it be tonight?  Us, Pho. I pulled some homemade stuff from the freezer and DH is picking up the perishable components.  It's a cold, rainy day here so that sounded really good.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

very nice 5 miles with Tiny Elvis; drove past a couple of trailheads that had more cars than usual- then the next one had no one Smile. saw the first arrow leaf blooms- a sure sign that Spring has arrived

will get out for for a few miles later, probably strength train too as I didn't yesterday

qotd: we have some leftover pork ribs DW cooked up a couple of days ago, we'll pick/shred the meat off those and have pulled pork sandwiches w/ beans, macaroni salad and dirty rice- damn that sounds good!   DW does have pho on the menu later in the week too

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got out early for 11 miles this morning in the cold rainy stuff.  Wasn't too cold and not too rainy yet. Temps supposed to keep dropping now until mid to late weekend so seems like we are going backwards.

QOTD: Not sure what we are having.  Grilled last night on my new grill I got for my b-day. Works nice!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

Today was my 5:30 am call so no run yet.  I plan to "leave" work early and get a run in. It'll be 85 deg so that will be a pain, but doable.

qotd: I think we're having the leftover chicken enchiladas from earlier this week for dinner tonight. Our timing was off since we didn't have them last night.

tbd.

XtremeTaper

Decent weather last night around here. Still sort of cool for May, upper 50's, but no wind so felt great. Took Baker out to the lake an we did 6 miles on the trails out there. The blue bells have been out for a few weeks no, but other wild flowers are starting to bloom. It should look pretty awesome in another week.

Today, rain forecast but I knocked out 6 miles at lunch up at the local trail. My "fast" run for the week. The clouds and threat of rain kept the quarantiners away. Had some light rain for the last mile or so. Plan to get the dogs out for another jog/wog later.

QOTD: Chicken fried chicken with mashed potatoes, country gravy, fresh green beans. At least that is the plan.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

I took today off of work. My eye was twitching weirdly yesterday, which I think is a sign of stress and too much time peering at my work laptop.  So I’m taking a mental health day today.

Sorry for everyone dealing eith with cold rain. Beautiful sunny spring day here. I’m sitting in the porch watching birds and butterflies. Ran 9 this morning on trails in the bluffs by the harbor. Included 2 x 18 minute tempo intervals, so I’m tired. But it was nice to be on those trails again, which reopened on Monday.

QOTD: I’m having a hamburger patty, tater tots, and salad for dinner.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

I forgot to mention.  In addition to it being a bit warm, we had clear blue sky's today to see these guys fly over. Evidently one of the pilot's parents live in my town so they made sure they went by.

Go Navy

tbd.

NorthernHarrier

Just got up to my shack a few minutes ago hauling up a trailer load of furniture and stuff. Nice day here with temps about 60 and beautiful blue skies. Gonna have a serious cold front roll thru over the next couple days so better break out the survival gear.   Water is way up but the ground seems to be finally drying up. Gonna shoot over real quick to some Nature Conservancy land that's about 3 miles from here and do 5 on the trails there. Should be pretty beautious.

Mike--speaking of strength workouts, did you see the Mountain just set a new deadlift record. That guy is just not anything close to human.

QOTD--Well I was starving when I got here so I threw some cheesy garlic toast in the oven and when I get back from my run maybe I'll make up some soup to be at least somewhat healthy.

AT-runner

Tim

I didn't get any window of opportunity for an outside run (rained here all day), so I ran on my newly fixed TM.  Dr. YouTube showed me how to diagnose the issue and after 30 minutes of diagnosis, I found the bad part and it came in yesterday. 5 minutes to replace and it was up and "running".  The old TM lives on!  Glad it was repairable since I can't even get into a store to try any models out and wasn't about to buy one without testing it.

LB - from yesterday. Put our pool in 20 years ago when kids were younger. It's a fiberglass pool and they dropped it in all in one piece. It was nice having the kids and their friends always around since we had the go-to backyard with a trampoline, skateboarding half-pipe (I build for DS) and the pool.

DC - I bet C&O trail is pretty busy on nice days. We've stayed away just in case its too packed.

Warden - we have been going to any trail parking spot that is empty.

Jamie - how's the Homeschooling going. Is your DW pulling her hair out yet?

Sandy - Thunderbirds and Blue Angels did a joint flyover the other day around DC, Baltimore and Philly to honor healthcare workers. We caught a brief glimpse of them during our run and then saw lots of pictures.

Think they are going across the country. This is from their FB Page

XT - don't know about you, but DW and I sure miss Longwood Gardens. This is the first Tulip season in 10-11 years that we've missed.

Gatsby - is your DH back in the US yet?

NH - The Mountain said he could have lifted more. He's an anomaly for sure.

QOTD:  We had leftover Mexican from last night. Carne asada that we chopped up and made steak salad. Plus some chips and dip.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I ended up with about 4 miles today. I'll probably get 5 to 6  tomorrow. I go back to the office on Friday.

QOTD: I don't think I ate dinner.

LB2

AT, my DH is still in the Philippines.  He's in an area that's essentially under Marshall law.  No travel between villages/cities, the big cities are still under lockdown. Very few flights in or out.  He said things are expected to open up mid-May.  Then, it's a matter of getting a flight once the airports try to resume normal operations.   Hopefully he'll be home later this month!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR