Trailer Trash

Mary Jane Monday (Read 15 times)

XtremeTaper

Went out for a short run yesterday before hitting the links and forgot they usually have a trail race at Coventry Woods the same weekend as their spring festival. So I changed trailheads thinking the race was about to start at 9am but it must have started at 8 as I ran into the pack of the race up on the ridge so they were 4+ miles into the 10k. So the first half mile of my short run was pretty much stop and go to let folks run by. It's a pretty hard 10k, 2 pretty good climbs. I ran right around 50 minutes back in the "I was in good shape" days. I also did a 6 hour ultra on that course but could only manage 5 loops. It was difficult to sustain 1 hour loops on that course over a long haul. 

Another odd thing yesterday. Heading back on the loop ran into 3 guys and one big mastiff. I stopped for a moment to leash up Baker and say hello. They were all carrying these short poles with a metal sphere the top. The guy told me they were maces and they were carrying them for a workout. A bludgeoning device seems like a strange thing to carry in the woods.

QOTD: Do you run into people smoking pot very often or at random places?

Yes, during golf yesterday. Played with a guy who smoked a lot of weed. I think I counted 3 doobies on the back nine. He was not a bogart at least, but I declined the offer. The young kid I got paired with did not. Not the first time I've seen a toker on the links. It doesn't bother me in the least but it is unusual.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I ran 3 miles this morning and did a weight lifting workout that I was proud of, nothing heavy, just very good. I have been in backwoods, camping mode for about 2 months now, but I think this morning I was have finally shaken off the post-turkey season depression that usually hits me. It wasn't bad this year because I had a very good season. I think I have all my scope issues fixed, and we should be back on track going forward. I also got some great intel about our Montana trip for next spring from someone who got back last week. I love planning these trips.

QOTD: I can't say that I do. I am not around a lot of pot smoking. It is decriminalized here, but it isn't exactly legal. However, I saw a sign on a vape shop the other day that interested me. I walked in and talked to the guy who was working. I assumed the THC his sign was referencing was delta-8, but he told me that it was actually delta-9, regular marijuana. He said the law allowed for a certain amount of THC, low concentrations. He had edibles, vape cartridges, and flower available. I think you can have like 3 mg per edible if you have 6 mg of CBD in the same edible, or something like that. I find it hard to believe that it would be fully legalized here any time soon.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4miles (600') with DW and Tiny Elvis this morning- smoke has cleared and we're in the Good range for Air Quality- hoorah! 

qotd: Occasionally get a whiff of it here and there, but not much.  Fully legalized here- we have a shit ton of "dispensaries" here, never see a lot of cars at them, but who knows.  I do know one thing- the pot we smoked in college in the 70's and 80's is no comparison to the stuff they are selling/smoking now- probably on the order of 3-5 more potent than my college hey days 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

SRD today, tapering once again.

qotd: I just get a whiff a couple times a year usually on trails when I’m running late in the day which is an unusual time for me to run. Early in the morning when I usually run I don’t run into those who partake.

tbd.

LB2

qotd: Occasionally get a whiff of it here and there, but not much.  Fully legalized here- we have a shit ton of "dispensaries" here, never see a lot of cars at them, but who knows.  I do know one thing- the pot we smoked in college in the 70's and 80's is no comparison to the stuff they are selling/smoking now- probably on the order of 3-5 more potent than my college hey days 

Same with the 90's. LOL.

LB2