Trailer Trash

Yard Sale Saturdailies (Read 31 times)

Brian Runner

12 miles this morning on the local trails with a small group including this year's 2nd place at the Hyner 25k. As usual, I ended up playing the role of trail guide. Body felt great the whole way.

QOTD: Memorial Day weekend is the informal kick off of summer, as well as the yard/garage sale season. Tell us about a memorable yard sale experience you've had. It could be a great find, or some strange oddity. Whatever comes to mind.

I went on a road bike ride with my daughter and son in law instead of running.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Birdwell

Morning folks!

13.5 for me. I ran from Lees Pass to the Kolob Arch and back in Zon National park. Kolob Arch is one of the largest free-standing arches in the world.

a good start to the day. Now the family and I are headed out to do some spelunking.

Watoni

4.5 over the horse trails here -- 300 feet elevation, 6:43 pace (I think a long work week and not being able to run long has me a bit stir crazy). Just testing the ankle. It is ok straight on, but I really have to watch it laterally and keep the runs short.

Sandy-2

21 on the hilly trail in the state park. Felt really good the whole way, power ran up the little hills the whole way.

Last week I was beat up doing the same thing (but after flying in from Asia the day before). Funny how much better I feel this week after more rest and it was about 5 to 10 deg cooler this week.

qotd: we sold our car at a garage sale once. My DW slapped a sign on the car and some guy bought it. Funny.

tbd.

Snowdenrun

Morning

Back to rainy, foggy weather here today.

QOTD: My parents sold my bed(which was actually a couch) at a garage sale once. It wasn't even for sale. I came out from somewhere inside to see the neighbors carrying it across the street. Smile

Low_O2

Hello all!

Got in 14.3 miles up and down the La Luz trail this morning for ~4400 ft of gain. The dog and I were both a bit sluggish today, but it was a beautiful morning up on the Sandia crest.

Hope all our racers are doing well today and this weekend! I'm sure dpc3 is getting pretty close to the finish at Jemez and roasting in the hot sun shining out there today. I'm bummed I'm missing out on the fun....

QOTD: I try to avoid yard sales like the plague! But my wife manages to drag me into one once in a while. Can't think of any memorable moments related to them though....

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Occasional Runner

We just got to Laramie and are getting ready to start pouring food and beer down my neck.

I ran 5 easy miles this morning. It was a great little run.

QOTD: I bought a Remington .22 pump action rife at a yard sale once for $15 because the guy said it jammed all the time. I took it home and cleaned it for about 2 hours because this dude had never ran a cleaning rod through the thing. It still fires like new to this very day.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

10 quick miles in the morning, then work, just to come home and find two of my kids sick with a fever: 102 and 104 degrees. Now that's hot (literally)! Sad

But I'll take good care of them, hoping they'll have recovered once school starts again. Always a great way to celebrate a holiday weekend. Black eye

Brian: Wow, sounds fast. You're definitely in great shape.

TT: Best way to spend the weekend, with family!

Birdwell: Spelunking sounds fun. I read two great books on the topic, I could hardly put them down.

Watoni: Sounds good with the ankle. Just be careful not to twist it again (easier said than done, duh!), perhaps slow down a bit?

Sandy: Great long run!

Snowden: Had a nice summer this year?

O2: Nice morning run!

lace: Laramie always reminds of those good old Western movies!

QOTD: DH and I bought a loft bed for our DD at a yard sale, just beat our neighbors to it (without being aware of it). The lady who sold it told us the bed was available because the person who had called earlier had failed to pick it up at the scheduled time.

Awkward moment when DD proudly showed the bed to her best friend, the neighbor's daughter... Surprised

Run for fun.

Brian Runner

Brian: Wow, sounds fast. You're definitely in great shape.

My winter running was really solid this year, and more recently I’ve been logging a lot of climbs. I think just running and power walking the steep stuff, and even doing some repeats on the power line, is paying some dividends. I’ve been feeling all around solid recently, and downright powerful on the more typical rolling stuff. I’m taking more rest days, but mostly doing longer runs when I do go out, so I’m feeling fairly fresh even with the hard workouts.

For this morning’s run we had a group of 4 for just under 7 miles. After swinging back to the parking lot to drop off two of our group, he and I went back out for another 5. We picked up the pace, with each of our next 5 miles faster than the first 7 with the larger group; quicker but still conversational.

But I love that feeling I’ve been having lately where if it were a racing situation and I needed to go faster I know my body would respond. Hopefully I can stay injury free, keep building the fitness, and put on a strong performance this fall at the 50k.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a really good (read tough) 16 miles in this morning, a buddy ran with me for about 9 of it and then bailed (gave him a 11 mile run) while I ran the longer loop

prairie wildflowers still doing their thing, jumped a couple of bunches of deer, saw a really big golden eagle showing off and late in the run, some turkeys out for their own run

qotd: I'm must live a sheltered life as I've never been to a yard sale Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Brian Runner

Tacked on another 8 miles this afternoon. 1:30, with 1,000+ of elevation.

Watoni

Tacked on another 8 miles this afternoon. 1:30, with 1,000+ of elevation.

Nice, I tacked on a bike ride ... chilly at the coast here, but a great out and back with just under 30 miles and just under 4000 feet of climbing. Tunitas Creek Road is amazing ...

Trail content ... there are some great trails out near there I have to run

NorthernHarrier

Skipped running today. Had to pick up my wife and daughter at around 2:00A.M. as they arrived back from NY. So I slept late and in general was unmotivated. Did a few chores and did get a little over an hour of mtn. biking. I'll get up early tomorrow and head to the trails, need a good run. I still have not put together any of my gear for my canoe trip and I head out Monday morning. Very uncharacteristic of me. I did bring a canoe home from the shack so at least I've got that part covered.

QOTD- around here we call them garage sales-I think it's the same. In any event I have never gone near one. I like stopping at antique stores but about the only shopping I'll do is at Gander Mt., REI, or Farm and Fleet. Don't need to pick thru someone's personal junk. Big grin

Uh oh... now what?

XT day... new shipment of trees to assemble.

How they arrived...

Half assembled...

Put together