Trailer Trash

Tic Toc Tuesdaily (Read 17 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I really don't even know what Tic Toc is but it's one of the latest crazes.  I hope to get out soon for a lunch run.

XT: No word on LH yet.  I anticipate it will be cancelled but no word yet.  It's under new ownership so I think really don't want to cancel.  Just unsure what they will do regarding the reg fees.  I don't think they will offer refunds but just my sense.  Regarding OC, I anticipate that race should be ok since it's October.

QOTD: Any cool apps on your phone you have?

It's super simple but I have an app that makes any picture a cartoon.  It's the little things in life that make me happy.  

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

Not sure what Tic Toc is all about, either. I had a pretty nice 2 mile hike this morning. I went to a spot this morning that I haven't hunted this season. We got on some birds, but they had hens with them. We made a move around on them and had one coming in hard, but a hen got between us and the wind picked up bad. He finally stopped gobbling, and we made a loop around to the truck to keep from spooking him. I probably could have slipped up there and blasted him, but I am not that desperate yet. Plus, he gobbles pretty good, so I'd like to hunt him again tomorrow. I'll get in another 2.5 to 3 miles of actual running later today. It is super windy and chilly today; I love running in weather like this.

QOTD: I don't have much in the way of apps on my phone. I do have a pretty good weather app from Weatherunderground. I like the way it is set up, and it doesn't have a ton of ads, like our local news' weather app. I hate that freakin' thing.

LB2

XtremeTaper

No run yet today but did get out for the morning 2 mile dog wog. I did get a few miles in yesterday. I thought I had found a dry slot around 11am yesterday so out I went with the Baker for a few miles but the dry did not last. So it was 3 soaking miles, not really heavy rain but sort of a heavy misty type rain. It was weird. Cleared up by the end of the day but was not in the mood to run in the woods with the wind and soaked ground, so just wogged around the neighborhood for 2 miles.

I do plan to get out to the trails this evening, perhaps at the lake. They have new signs in the lots stating the trails are open but use social distancing, but they also still have park closed signs. I guess they realized nobody was paying attention to that.

QOTD: Nothing too exciting in the apps department. I do have FordPass and can start my explorer from my phone and if it gets stolen I can locate it as well. The grocery food store app has came in handy as I can pre-order my deli order from my phone. Actually you can only order from the app or in-store kiosks now.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles yesterday with Tiny Elvis- still very much a winter wonderland here- might get another dump today and into tomorrow

will get out for a few miles after work

qotd: Gaiagps- the sole reason I purchased a smartphone 6 years ago.  It gives me a fully functioning gps on my phone- replete with topo maps; I can add routes, make way points, track- anything you can do with a regular gps. Cell phone coverage not needed, works solely off of satellite. I can’t begin to tell you how handy it’s been and no more need to tote a gps.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Exploration run today. Went to an area that I haven't been to in probably 10 years. Poked around and tried to find some trails to connect off of the logging roads. Found a couple, and a couple dead ends. Was fun. Now I need to check maps to see where I was and how I can explore some more. I like runs like this, but there only good solo since it's a lot of backtracking.  Ended up with 7.5 miles.

Jamie - it's TikTok, and yes I've seen it. It's a short video sharing platform, so no long stuff. I've never recorded a TikTok, but kids have.

QOTD: AllTrails is my Go-To app. Was great using it today. I'll also use Google Earth so I can see if there are any signs of trails when it looks like I hit a dead end. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Hi Trailers. Yesterday ended up a complete rest day. Today is TBD. I made a trip to Costco and that has wiped me out for the moment. First grocery store line I had to wait in (I know, lucky so far!), and since I was there, it was going to be a big shop. And I didn't eat breakfast beforehand so you know how that ends up .  I better not hear any complaints from the other residents about 'not having anything to eat'.

qotd: Nothing cool, but I get all geeked out being able to control our NEST thermostats by phone. And another device and app that we can control outlets (mostly lights).

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

TikTok - see shows how much I really know about it! 

Jamie - it's TikTok, and yes I've seen it. It's a short video sharing platform, so no long stuff. I've never recorded a TikTok, but kids have.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

Got up early but not to run, just a work Skype call at 5:30am. Bummer. I did get a 5 mi run in after working, weather this week is really nice.

Then the highlight of the day was doing the taxes. How fun!!  Good news is we’re getting a $350 refund (I changed my withholding last year to even things out so I guess I did ok).

qotd:  I also have Gaia gps. Nothing else since my phone is from work.  (I know what Tic Toc is, but never used it.)

tbd.