Trailer Trash

LB2 is sleeping in Thursdaily (Read 16 times)

XtremeTaper

He must have needed to catch up on his rest.

Short walk this morning before some light rain started. Really wanted to go run in that stuff. It was just some light summer rain as opposed to the lightning storms last night. I did keep my streak alive but ran a hot hilly 4 miles at lunch at Coventry Woods with Baker.

QOTD: What is the latest you have slept in the past year?

I'm not a super early riser but can't sleep late anymore either. Probably the latest I've gotten up in the morning this year is around 7:30am.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I did need to catch up on my rest. I overslept; got up at 5:22.

I noticed my hamstrings and quads were super tight yesterday. Legs were totally cooked this morning, so I cut it off at 3.5 miles of a run/walk and did a couple of laps in the pool. I am not concerned about it; I figured I would need to back off a little bit this week. I really only wanted to run 35 miles this week, but I will still probably end up closer to 40 and around 150 for the month. I am shooting for 150. I have a little wiggle room to get there, so scaling back my 5 today to 3.5 is not an issue. These regular swims are something I am really enjoying, too.

QOTD: I may have slept until 6 one morning, but I haven't missed a sunrise in almost a full year.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Another 10 this morning.  Was a little rainy but not quite enough as the humidity got to me.  Legs were not moving great this morning but mentally I took myself elsewhere so I was done before I realized it.  I guess you say I zoned out this morning.

Our A/C got fixed yesterday...yay! It needs replaced regardless as it's apparently an older system.  Thinking about refinancing our mortgage since the rates are dipping pretty low and taking our some money to install a new A/C system and maybe another project.  We'll see though.  I am keeping an eye on rates.

LB: Good to hear you are enjoying the pool.  Are the kids in it all the time? What about their friends?

QOTD: I can stay in bed past 8 but I am not usually sleeping.  I lounge around for a when I get the chance.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Dr Jamie - "QOTD: I can stay in bed past 8 but I am not usually sleeping.".... wink nudge nudge say no more. Good luck with the AC. The newer systems can save you some $$ on cooling bills, but they are pricey. Maybe they still have some rebates.

LB2 - A plunge/swim after a hot run is the best. Welcome to dash and splash club.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Guess I' part of the dash and splash club today. Ran on the roads near home (a rarity) and took shoes off and jumped in the pool with socks and running clothes still on. No rain here, just humidity.

DW is about 20 miles to the GVRAT finish, so I might run / walk with her later. She should be done Saturday or Sunday, weather permitting. She has some plantar fasciitis flaring up (she gets it of and on), so she's taking a break and switching to more biking when she hits the finish line.

Our "Wednesday Movie Night" continues.  We watched Gentleman Prefer Blondes last night. Never saw it before but have seen the Marilyn Monroe clip of Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend several times.

QOTD: I'm a night owl, so I can sleep in until 8:30 or 9:00.  My normal time is 6:45-7:00. Last night I read until almost 1:00. Had to put down my Kindle as I could have kept reading.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Ultra Cowboy

Running clothes are in the truck for a post work run date with ML and Bogey.  i've got two options in mind. a hilly trail run and a flat run along the river, more exposed with less shade.  We will see if she has the timing down to pick up the dog and meet me after work...

WYBMADIITY

Save

runtraildc

Ok, ran yesterday-- almost 5, then got in another couple of walking miles. My ankles are sore today and my knee feels wonky. I might need to do some yoga or heavy duty stretching. I haven't been keeping up with that.

Jamie-- My HVAC business owner BiL tells me most AC units are only good for 12-15 years. We had to replace our 12 yo system a couple of years ago, painful but necessary. And I'm thankful to have it done as some neighbors lost theirs last week and haven't been able to find anyone with service availability.

qotd: 8 am a week or so ago, it's extremely rare for me to sleep past 6:45 am but that was a record for many years. Ideally, I like to get up before 6 am.

Sandy-2

My run last night was fun, another total downpour for about 8 of my 10 miles of running. It was raining so hard I took my glasses off so I could see better.  Unfortunately there was also a lot of nearby thunder and lightening, but there was nothing I could do but to keep going.  I had checked the radar and it showed little spots of rain, but this was crazy, not a little spot rain.  But true to form in Tx, when I got home it looked like it had hardly rained at all, my DW said that it drizzled a little bit but nothing crazy. What?

This morning's 10 miles was a humid mess with all the previous rain.  I'm currently playing leapfrog with the Dr. Buzzard. Speaking of buzzards, I thought I saw one early this morning, but as I got closer it turned out to be a very large owl that was taking a drink from a puddle and quickly few up into a tree.  I've never seen an owl drinking before.

Rocky, that's a really nice looking horse, sure doesn't look 22. Plus, cool that even at 22 must be feisty enough to need hobbling.

qotd: I usually force myself to get up and run, I cold sleep until noon if given half a chance.  I think the last time I took a rare weekend day off I slept in to at least 10am, must have been 1 or 2 months ago though.

tbd.