Trailer Trash

Post Valentine Friday!! (Read 21 times)

LB2

I ran a short loop this morning, same as just about any other day.

QOTD: Did you do anything special for Valentine's Day?

I got my wife some flowers, which surprised her. She was also surprised when I told her that I was offered a promotion and a raise at work, which surprised me. Details to come in the next few days. At my old job, they just piled more responsibility on without additional funds. This is a very nice surprise. Other than that, we just hung around the house. I think we are going to dinner tonight. I think she said that. I don't know. I guess I'll find out when I get home.

LB2

dhuffman63

Trails

Yesterday afternoon was lovely...sunny 60, no wind...this morning sleet, snow, ice covering the car.  What a great start to my epic weekend...lol.  Instead of  2 and a half or so drive down it'll be closer to 4 hours.

qotd: DH got me some chocolate, I made some fish, and then we just watched Big Bang Theory.  I still had some packing to do so nothing special.

XtremeTaper

I did get out with the Lady yesterday. We ran a loop around the neighborhood, then up the big hill to the local trail. A short out/back there confirmed my suspicions about trail conditions. Anything exposed to the sun was ok, but muddy, in the woods a mix of frozen rutted icy snow. We re-traced our steps and ended up with about 5 miles. The Lady was happy to get out, even if it was mostly a road run on the leash. Felt pretty good actually for me as well.

Gym nonsense today at lunch, and trail run later this evening. I am mildly contemplating jumping into a race this weekend or next. Not that I am in race shape, but just to push myself. Choices are a 5 miler on a local golf course or the Ugly Mudder trail race. Hmmm.

QOTD: Nothing special. I made dinner last night but I almost always do that. It was good though, NY strips/pan seared with baked potato and fresh salad.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD.  XT, I think we had more snow than your area, so our trails will probably be off limits for a few days. Probably a Yaktrax run on logging roads tomorrow.  It will either be crusty or sloppy if we do get to mid 50's today and then freeze tonight.

LB - congrats on promotion.

dhuff - good luck this weekend!

XT - do the Ugly Mudder.

Any other racers / pacers / volunteers?

QOTD:  Made a nice dinner and desert for DW.  The Bailey's fudge was a huge hit.  I brought some in to the office today and the staff gobbled it up.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

Had a 18-20 mile run planned for this morning but at 4F it is hard to get very excited about doing that right now. I'll wait a bit longer to see how much it warms but I have a feeling I'll be running more like 14 or so. Like XT I am contemplating jumping into a small snowshoe race(5k) in the morning near Wausau and then continue on up to my shack after that but IDK. We now have a snow depth of 30" up there. That's a little more like it though I am pretty much done with this winter bullshit. Florida's gulf coast in a few weeks and I'm counting down the days.

QOTD--We didn't do anything special. Just another Hallmark holiday.

LB--congrats.

dhuff--best of luck to you.

runtraildc

Morning folks. Yesterday was a rest day. Yoga instead. It is almost 60* here now and am planning a swim practice run through the woods. Expecting a lot of mud and water, but the sun is out and maybe there will be a dog or two to pet. On Sunday's run, a 150lb Bernese Mtn dog planted himself on my feet and wouldn't let me go until  he was pet. His owner said he was expressing his dominance. It certainly worked.  Hoping for something similar today.

DHuff-- Good Luck!

qotd: Well, the unromantic me was going for leftovers, but decided they were a bit sad, even for a regular Thursday. I made vietnamese lemongrass pork skewers, served with rice noodles and salad (Bun).

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Stopping by to say hi.   I am doing well.  Been walking 2-3 miles a day.  I go back to work on Monday for two weeks from home and then back to the office after that.  6 weeks until I see the doc again and then PT after that.  Overall I am good.  Some pain still in my right leg around my hamstring but nothing like before.  Doc things it is residual nerve pain.  He's not worried about it.

XT and NH - go for it!!!!

QOTD: Bought DW flowers and running socks.  She likes the socks better.  Got the kids a few treats.  Cooked dinner.  Booked our summer stay at Chincoteague.  Was a good day.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

moonlightrunner

I've got nothing good. Traveling to India a after work to see my DD and family. I am feeling every bit the *itch I can be today, trying not to explode over something stupid at work. I need a run to even out my mood.

QOTD: nothing special for dinner..but my old mom hauled out the sewing machine to stitch my new running vrst.blooking forward to testing it this weekend.

Good luck, D!

Harrier: Damn...it is coooooold where you are! Stay warm!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Bert-o

I lost my rama

LB - Congrats!

dhuffman - Good luck this weekend!

AT - I'm sure the fudge was a hit.

Dr J - Glad to hear you're recovering well.  Hopefully you'll be hitting the trails by the time they dry up.

QOTD:  DW was out of town, so just ate leftovers and watched some World Cup skiing I recorded.  Also ran 4ish miles.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Tweaked the crap out of my back trying not to fall on the ice , I wonder if it would have been better to just fall ? No end to the bad weather in sight so I should be able to heal.

QOTD: Not a thing , took care of the horses , ate some frozen leftovers , whined about the weather .

Sandy-2

Will run after work today, it'll be about 78 deg.  Uuuuugh.

qotd: Had a nice dinner (scallops), and chocolate covered strawberries for desert.  No Baileys though.

(P.S. to Bert-o, be on the Brooklyn Bridge after work on the 20th. Time and running route to be determined.  See ya there?)

tbd.

NorthernHarrier

Need to work on my reading comprehension. The snowshoe race I was thinking about doing tomorrow is actually on Sunday so that's not going to work at all.   Anyway, I did get out for 15+ miles but it was a rough one. Quads and hammy's were very tight and never loosened up. Not sure why but it could be a long hard session on the elliptical Wed night. Oh well, keep moving forward.

Have a great weekend folks!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got 5 miles yesterday evening with Tiny E- we were in a heck of a snowstorm, didn't see to bother him any Smile

strength training this morning and then got out for 6 miles this afternoon with TE, 1200' gain in the first 2-ish miles combined with a foot or more of relatively loose snow made it a bit of a challenge (doing squats this morning didn't help )

qotd: DW really surprised me coming home w/ a couple of lobsters and a couple of filet mignons- that's what I'm talking about! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Happy Friday! This is my second post on this forum ........for those who missed my short intro on Tuesday.

I'm slowing working my way up to piling on the miles ...... still dealing with injury and recovery but "it could be worse."

Wed:  Rest day.  RAINED all night and DAY with WIND!

Yesterday:  4.5 miles, easy and slow, on TM.  Usually don't mind running outside in the rain but it was RAINING! and WINDY again! Was not feeling that great since the weekend, cold sore on lip, immune system down.

Today:  another rest day.

Tomorrow:  hope to meet up for a group run, about 8 miles. Need to get outdoors.

Oh, Valentine's Day? I forgot and so did DH, LOL!! It's all good.

Gatsby:  Yes, we are full-time in northern AZ but DH checks on northern MN home now and then.  I did drive back to MN but to the cities to visit my only friend in MN, my RB.  We ran a trail marathon in October, it was COLD but this sunbunny finished!! Was surprised a few runners didn't show up, ha! But I promised not to complain EVER again about AZ weather after living in ND and MN.

Dhuffman:  GOOD LUCK tomorrow!! You'll rock it!!

Someone asked about Prescott area trails.  There are plenty and it's mostly nice most of the year.  I have not run any races there.  Been trying but other race conflict.  Just one of those things where you take your area trails (races) for granted ........ but also, I often think how silly it is to pay to run on trails(for races) that I have easy & free access too, LOL!! But I do pay to run them, if not, I volunteer.