Trailer Trash

Thursday D-Daily (Read 21 times)

LB2

LB2 - Really cool story.

Thanks. I figured you would like it. I have been on two "backcountry" rescues with EMT/Paramedics. One was for Odom, and the other one was for a cousin of mine named Greg. After not heeding my warning about wearing a safety harness in a deer stand, he fell asleep and rolled off a homemade ladder stand during an evening hunt. He spent the night out there in temperatures that dropped into the low 20's that night, super cold down here. I found him the next afternoon. He was alive but had injuries serious enough that he could not do anything but crawl about 200 yards in almost 24 hours. I think he was in and out of consciousness throughout the ordeal. He ended up with a ruptured spleen and some other injuries that I can't remember. I could write a very entertaining book on Greg's hunting misadventures. He is, by far, the worst hunter I have ever encountered in my life. The only way his hunting advice would help anyone is if they listened to what he said and did the exact opposite.

LB2

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I could write a very entertaining book on Greg's hunting misadventures. He is, by far, the worst hunter I have ever encountered in my life. The only way his hunting advice would help anyone is if they listened to what he said and did the exact opposite.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

LB2

It is true. I swear it is true.

LB2

moonlightrunner

Thread Killer Here!  I did not have time at work today to peek in.

I had intended to run after work, but my mom caught the cold I brought home from Wisconsin and I wanted to fix dinner for them tonight. My feet are still too swollen to run even in sandals, and I am not inclined to run barefoot.

AT: I hope that the rain departed and you run turned out well. Wet trails are grand. Nice story about the uncle. It is too bad he did not like to speak in detail about his experience. It seems to be typical of those who serve in war. I would guess that those who were not there could not understand.

LB: Hope you got your power back. What a great story! Thanks for sharing.

Mandy: it sounds like an awful evening. It is so hard to be around people who's life view is a cup half empty and yet they take no action or responsibility to fill it to their satisfaction.

Harrier: Your cabin sounds like a slice of heaven. Wow, what a story.

XT: great lyrics...not so sure about the music...lol.

Queen: I hope the offer comes and is what you were hoping for and more.

DrJamie: it is so nice to see your reports of runs again. how are you feeling these days?

Berto: Congrats to the graduate and the parents who got him there!

DD: Wow....that must have been quite a moment when that guy came up onto Omaha Beach. No idea if he would survive, no clue of the significance his actions combined with others' would mold the world for decades to come.

Sandy: You had a truly international run today, very significant on this 75th Anniversary!

No World War II vets that I know of in my family. My grandfather served in WWI, I do wish I had asked him questions about his experiences.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k