Trailer Trash

Need bladder recommendations (Read 17 times)

paul2432

I’m on my third bladder in about a year and a half.  My current developed a big leak at the seam on the side.  This is the third time.  It has a lifetime warranty so I can get a replacement, but would rather buy something that doesn’t  leak.  (if this was a race on a hot day it would have been catastrophic)

It’s a UD rebranded Hydropak.

can anyone recommend a robust bladder?

AT-runner

Tim

I use a Nathan bladder in oth my UD and Nathan packs.

I didn't like the Nathan Vapor bladder that came with the Vapor pack as it's figure 8 design made it puff out when full,  so I use their older model.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

dhuffman63

Trails

I use the one that came with my Orange Mud Endurance model...70 oz when full in 3 years I've had no problems.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I have a Camelbak bladder from probably 2009 that still works perfectly.

Running is dumb.

Sandy-2

Only recommendation I have is don't freeze them.  I used to do that and I think that's why mine burst.  Burst at a bad time to boot, a little bit after Emigrants Pass.  UD replaced the bladder and since then I haven't been freezing them and I haven't had any issues since.

tbd.

I use a Nathan bladder in oth my UD and Nathan packs.

I didn't like the Nathan Vapor bladder that came with the Vapor pack as it's figure 8 design made it puff out when full,  so I use their older model.

I have a couple Nathan packs with this 2L bladder.  The older one is probably 6-7 years old and still working great, although it’s looking a little greenish (I empty and dry after every use, I swear!).

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR