Trailer Trash

Fry-Day (Read 18 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

My run sucked this morning big time.  My legs were dead.  My stomach didn't feel great.  I had a headache.  It was super humid out which intensified all of this.  Thankfully I only set out to rut a few.  Ended at 5.5 miles.

QOTD 1: Thoughts on the stuff happening n Minnesota?

I am all about addressing injustice.  I am all about holding law enforcement accountable.  I am all for anti-racism.  But boy do people have it wrong in the way they are trying to make a point.  Actually I am really unsure how many people are trying to make a point vs. how many are straight up trying to be part of the nonsense (looting, riots, etc.) aka following the crowd. There is an interesting psychological element to the "mob mentality".  It's hard to get these things under control once they gain momentum and they almost always (maybe always) end in unnecessary deaths and injuries. It's sad really.

QOTD 2: Weekend plans?

Nothing really.  Miles for breakfast both days.  Maybe some yard work.  Get prepped for our big backyard tree finally coming down on Monday.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Chalk up another run in the slow department last night. 5 miles with Baker on the hills of Coventry Woods. I forgot the controller for his ecollar and while I started the run with him off leash I decided against it for most of the run. Mostly because he was being a butt eating grass/weeds along the trail and stalling about. I think a wood frog caught his attention. He was staring at something intently on the ground off trail then sort of jumped back, I guess when the tiny frog hopped. I saw many wood frogs last night of various sizes. Slow run with creaktacular knees.

This morning, typical 2 mile dog wog. Super humid out there. Will get in some miles after work, not sure if road or trail yet. Might need to do some radar watching/planning.

QOTD: Were the looters wearing masks during the civil disturbance? if not, it seems they will be looking at a spike in COVID cases up there in the near future. Really, don't have much to say about it. Some people are just taking advantage of the situation to behave criminally. Stupid because I think they are harming business owners of their own community.

QOTD2: Same as it ever was lately... run, golf, yardwork, etc.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

The rain stopped, but the humidity spiked and now it is downright steamy here. My achilles both feel a little sore, so I'll get in a short walk tonight and give it a rest.

qotd: I feel terrible-- because someone was viciously murdered for not being white. And the vast numbers of the crowds are peaceful protestors, not out for violence. And they all are speaking up for a terrible injustice that has been repeated far too many times in our history.

And if we're judging riots, my niece posted this as a part of a series. There were about 10 of them, just replace the year, location and sport won or lost. Now that is truly senseless.

AT-runner

Tim

Ended up with 16.2 total yesterday.  Probably 4-5 later today just to keep streak going.

South Gate of GC still closed. Looks like this guy is checking out season pass rate.

QOTD 1:  The cops should be charged and protesting with violence doesn't help. what I've Seen, most protesters are being peaceful, but a few bad apples.

QOTD2:  Going to Richmond VA to play golf with 7 other guys. We have an 8 bedroom place, and will eat outside.  Golf will be walking and I'll add some running miles in as well. Haven't seen my brother in months, so looking forward to it since a few beers will be consumed tomorrow night.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

a nice 5 mile loop at a relaxed pace with Tiny E yesterday, legs are definitely getting better- a did split a nail lengthwise on my left little toe, probably not much hope for it, but it's a little sore

going out at some point today for 4-5 miles

qotd1- absolutely stupid imo; people want to gather peacefully and hold a march/demonstration- that's their right; as soon as turns to rioting/looting they lose all credibility

qotd2- get a little hiking in with DW and Tiny E, have few chores that need taken care of too (dammit! )

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I picked up the wrong keys this morning and locked myself out of the house. Rather than wake everyone up, I decided to run until I saw the blind over the kitchen sink at half mast, which means my wife is awake and has fixed her coffee. After 6 miles, I saw the blind up, and she let me back in the house.

QOTD 1: I pretty much feel the same way as everyone else. I believe people should be held accountable for what they do, the police officers in this case and the looters. I really try to avoid watching much news coverage of it because everything seems to eventually be reduced down to a bunch of horseshit between the "expert panelists" on the news and on social media.

QOTD 2: I am debating on possibly joining a riot to do some looting on Saturday, and then, I am hoping to make it to church on Sunday. LOL. I am going to a birthday party for a friend this evening; My wife said I plan to do some yard work tomorrow; Sunday is up in the air. I am not sure what our church situation is just yet, but I want to go. I am running each day also, probably 5 one day and maybe 10 the next. I may or may not count any mileage I get running from the cops if I decide to loot tomorrow.

LB2

runtraildc

See, I don't think they are one and the same. People (the majority) are protesting peacefully and speaking out to a horrific crime (something that if the rest of us did, we would already sitting in jail). Other people, are looting and committing acts of violence in taking advantage of the chaos.

And I also think we're letting ourselves get distracted or avoiding the real issue at hand. So easy to condemn the looters, than look at the protests and what drove it.  FYI- I have a SIL and a brother who both live very close to the heart of the riots.

qotd1- absolutely stupid imo; people want to gather peacefully and hold a march/demonstration- that's their right; as soon as turns to rioting/looting they lose all credibility

Sandy-2

Sounds like some of you are experiencing a taste of our "tropical" warmth and humidity.  Welcome to the club.  Today it was much the same but a little cooler at 70 deg with about 95% humidity.  I did 10 miles, went kinda slow to "rest" for tomorrow's longer run.

qotd: Like others I find it unbelievable that all 4 of the officers were not arrested right away, it's no wonder that the protests started up, which I can fully support as long as they are non-violent and speaking out (yes involving strong emphatic language is ok) on the horrific crime and lack of charges.  I know that there is a lot of pent up anger and pain, but once it loses control and violence, vandalism and looting starts (yes, likely cause by some taking advantage and loosing it) it causes distractions from the real message of the protests. The stupid looting/shooting comment does not help.

qotd2: Not much; running, napping and doing some chores. I think the highlight will be getting the propane tank of the grill refilled - exciting.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Yesterday‘s miles wasn’t the 6  I had hoped for but I did get in almost 4.  Today I should run but feeling kinda crappy.  Run or walk, something will be done. 

qotd:  I think it sucks that people root, it takes away from the important message the demonstrators are trying to make.  My guess is 59% of the looters don’t even know what the demonstrations are about.  

Qotd:  camp chores.  Humans kind of disgust me.  Everyday the people leave the beach (and they aren’t huge numbers) I can feel up a 5 gal bucket of trash.  How can you enjoy and destroy beauty at the same time. Oh and watch a little news to see if Burke is on it.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

have peaceful demonstrations, it's our right as an American; if they are going to turn into riots and looting- might be time to think about halting the peaceful demonstrations for awhile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Legs were fried s it was mostly walking today

qotd 1:  Apparently we learned nothing from Watts

qotd 2:  Saturday should put me over 200 for the months and GVRAT had nothing to do with that.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Ultra Cowboy

QOTD 1 No comment.

QOTD 2 Sunday afternoon have reservations for dining on the patio at Rustic at the Francis Ford Coppola Winery.  Just to have some semblance of "normal" again.

Might get a couple miles in again tonight.

WYBMADIITY

Save