Trailer Trash

Thursdaily (Read 44 times)

Sandy-2

Yay, coffee break at work.....   so here I am.

Did 5 mi at 5am this morning, yup still "tropical" around here.  Nothing special, but I did hear two different owls this morning which is always nice.  I like hearing owls because as a kid growing up in NY I never heard one even when camping out in the woods.  (Seagulls on the other hand...)  Anyway, now whenever I hear an owl it just seems really cool to me.

qotd:  I only do speed work when I have a marathon coming up.  OH CRAP......  I'm doing Houston in January, I guess I'll have to dust off those speed work plans soon.  Thanks for the reminder.

tbd.

Chnaiur

Doing six this pm - trying to reopen my foot injury so the podiatrist has something to work on tomorrow ;-)

QOTD: I love speedwork, and like to do it once per week. However, since this year is dedicated to laying a base after my AT I've stayed off it. Hoping to fix the foot, and to add it in next spring. Instead I do 4-minute intervals of cycling, rowing, stairmaster, lunges, etc to keep my cardio max up. (Obviously, I need quickness of feet more than cardio, but its the most I dare do now)

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Daydreamer1

Planning on getting in about 6 1/2 miles this afternoon. Some of that will be walking as I'll meet up with DW somewhere along the course and walk home with her.

QOTD: This past year I have not. Therefore I am slow. Over the winter I plan on trying to get to the gym at least once a week to work on speed work on the TM. That seems to be where I get the most bang for my buck. I think it's because I can see the numbers on the display and set them according to a rigid plan. I can always tell a difference after several TM workouts.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Nada this morning.

QOTD: Speed? what's that?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Congratulations, to Grandma moonlight.   Now good luck to sugnim's SO.  Hope all goes well, your life will be changed forever.

DW and I ran with one of my old running buddies today.  He's not a big trailer, so we took it easy on him.  When we were done he asked how many miles, and I said 85 minutes worth.  DW laughed, but he didn't get the joke so I told him to put 7.27 in his log. Big grin

QOTD:  Not much lately, but do like speed work.  I like doing a ladder with 200-400-800-1200-800-400-200.  I try to run faster on the back side of the ladder.  I usually walk or lightly jog 200-300m between.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Wandering Wally

8 miles at an easy effort last evening.  Planning about 6 for tonight.

QOTD - I just started making Tuesday my shorter, but more intense day.  One mile warm up, then do fartleks for three miles, one mile cool down.  The fartleks are between trees I've previously picked out and it works out to some nice intervals of 100 - 400 yard distances.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It's ladies night and I may run 7 with them or husband wants to see the new movie with Sandra Bullock and yummy George.  We will see.

QOTD:  I do not do speed work.  I probably should along with a lot of other things I should be doing.

Kelly:  Enjoy your trip down memory lane.

moonlight:  Have be a Gramma of two!!

runtraildc:  I always have good intentions when I am at work or laying in bed, then fail to follow though when I can.

jbram2:  Nice report.  I was able to read it at work!

LB2:    Take it off...you deserve it.

Northern:  Also doing a trail 1/2 this weekend.  Enjoy...that is the one I wanted to come out for but family reuiion my plans by planning a wedding in January.

Sandy:  whoo whoo

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

Did 5 mi at 5am this morning, yup still "tropical" around here.  Nothing special, but I did hear two different owls this morning which is always nice.  I like hearing owls because as a kid growing up in NY I never heard one even when camping out in the woods.  (Seagulls on the other hand...)  Anyway, now whenever I hear an owl it just seems really cool to me.

Owls are awesome!!!!

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Almost overslept this morning and got ready and out the door (including fixing the kids' lunchboxes) within 20 minutes - new PR!

SRD, and taper madness slowly approaching its peak. I want to run!!

So, instead of packing my drop bags this evening, I'll be heading off to DD's back to school night, which I had conveniently forgotten all about. Yep, that's me, planning! Roll eyes  I'll get it done later then, I guess...

Slowly, reality is setting in, and I'm all curious and excitied. My family will come to watch and support me, too, so it's going to be a fun event. I'll just have to remember, in those bad moments, that I paid a lot of money to feel that bad. Dead

QOTD: Not regularly. I just do speedwork when I think I'm getting too slow, and panic sets in. Usually two days after a race...

Enjoy the day, everyone!

Run for fun.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Hi all. I'm new to this forum but not to RA. I reside in Beginners and Beyond. I may just lurk for a while. Finished my first ultra and had a great time. Since so many ultras seem to be on the trails, thought I'd check them out. Had my first trail run today in many a year. I think it was a success, only two falls, several near twisted ankles, and a bunch of stubbed toes, all while getting lost twice. I saw someone has the Tyler Trail 10K in their signature, so they may be near me. That's the last trail race I ran back in 1999. Today's run was right next door at Ridley Creek SP.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Watoni

I rode this am up most of Kings Mountain after drop-off this am (nine miles round trip, got in a 1250 foot climb).

QOTD: Depends I suppose on what speedwork is. For example, as part of the ride this morning I did just under a three mile climb at a bit more than 7% average grade. According to the data I had an ascension rate of 1090 meters/hr, so about 4 watts/kg, which is threshold power for me. I should do 2-3 efforts of about 20 minutes at this intensity (this took a bit over 17 minutes), but it is better than nothing.

Running, I try to do a hard 4-5 mile run on occasion, "race" a climb all out, etc. I do not get carried away with specifics

jonferg67

Endless trails

Hi all. I'm new to this forum but not to RA. I reside in Beginners and Beyond. I may just lurk for a while. Finished my first ultra and had a great time. Since so many ultras seem to be on the trails, thought I'd check them out. Had my first trail run today in many a year. I think it was a success, only two falls, several near twisted ankles, and a bunch of stubbed toes, all while getting lost twice. I saw someone has the Tyler Trail 10K in their signature, so they may be near me. That's the last trail race I ran back in 1999. Today's run was right next door at Ridley Creek SP.

Sounds like half my runs.

Chnaiur

It was SO NICE getting some miles in today. The fall sun was warm enough that I could take my shirt off, the air was fresh, and there were lots of wading birds to watch in the estuary. And my foot didn't even hurt. Not sure what to tell the podiatrist tomorrow :-)

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Sorry no LURKING allowed but you are welcome to join in! Big grin

Ridley Creek SP? Do you live in PA?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Sorry no LURKING allowed but you are welcome to join in! Big grin

Ridley Creek SP? Do you live in PA?

Yes. Western Main Line. I was looking at a couple trail races coming up, but after today's run I wondering if I'm ready for something like that yet. Do you know anything about the Media Mud Stain 5M & 10M or the Evansburg SP 10M? With the pace I ran today, and I don't think I could go much faster at this point, if there's a time limit I don't think I'd finish under it.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.